Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #7,891 of 15,268
The best way to decide whether you need a dac/amp or not is to audition and listen for yourself.

Just pack the x2, put it in a plastic bag, google for nearby store and go there after work/school.

Don't hesitate in spending that extra time, you'd be happy with your purhase that way

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #7,892 of 15,268

Philips got back to me and offered a refund (after 3 weeks), they said they ran out of stock for replacements...

Philips ran out of stock? This really sounds like X2s are being discontinued. (Now, or in the near future.) Perhaps because of the qc issues. And we can have an even better sounding (and better qc)X3? Or they just get themselves together, get rid of the old fauly X2 batch, and make sure all future X2 is pristine and perfect?

(Have to add, I didn't have the slightest problem with my pair, enjoying them from day 1.)

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #7,895 of 15,268
Philips ran out of stock? This really sounds like X2s are being discontinued. (Now, or in the near future.) Perhaps because of the qc issues. And we can have an even better sounding (and better qc)X3? Or they just get themselves together, get rid of the old fauly X2 batch, and make sure all future X2 is pristine and perfect?

(Have to add, I didn't have the slightest problem with my pair, enjoying them from day 1.)

Lol, I think it's the third time in a year that I read speculation about them being discontinued in this thread.

There's no doubt to me the Philips in NA is not working as it should since they've ran out of stuck several times, seem to have very poor (or badly informed) CS and doesn't even have distribution for the X2 in Canada.

To meit's highly unlikely that the X2 would be discontinued before the X1 and also before the release of the X3.

Tbh if there's no source to the statement I'd consider it gossip:wink:

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #7,896 of 15,268
Not to try to be scientific but when you melt foam it has a really bad toxic smell. The "glue", are you sure it's not just the foam that was maybe melted to the pegs? There is foam that I can see in the holes were the pegs go on mine but it's not melted on mine

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #7,897 of 15,268
Got mime from the Amazon sale yesterday. Looked them over carefully, no loose ring issue, nor glued pad issue. Listened last night to the SACD of The Sopranos soundtrack, wow......just wow.......
beyersmile.png

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #7,899 of 15,268
Dec 19, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #7,900 of 15,268

You know, I also have a feeling X3 is going to be announced soon...

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #7,903 of 15,268
Ah, house is quiet...grabbed my X2 and have iPod shuffling through all 37 Black Sabbath songs while catching up on some PC work. Bliss!

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #7,904 of 15,268
Not to try to be scientific but when you melt foam it has a really bad toxic smell. The "glue", are you sure it's not just the foam that was maybe melted to the pegs? There is foam that I can see in the holes were the pegs go on mine but it's not melted on mine

It looked like hot glue to me. Was kind of stretchy, but a bit of foam did stick to the peg. That being said, unless you're planning to change the earpads - I wanted to try out a pair of hm5 pleathers - there really is no reason to remove them.
The stock pads are pretty good on their own - little firm to my ears, but I've been spoiled by the hm5.

I'd say, unless there is something glaringly wrong: listen, enjoy, repeat - they are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back