Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #7,862 of 15,268
I say we gather all the glue and send it to Massdrop so they can make the lower priced Fidelio Xx.

Maybe this is the Chinese Massdrop Version of the Fidelio X2's....

Maybe PHillips decided to do a test run on Amazon to see what would happen....  Before going to massdrop.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #7,863 of 15,268
Eurobeat, the sky is not falling. Chill. Take a walk. Big problems in the world, this is not one of them.[/quote]
I think that's pretty constructive and relevant advice. So, you're welcome. The X2's are excellent sounding 'phones, and Philips needs to fix the fixable qc issues.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #7,864 of 15,268
Seriously? Try a hair drier on hottest setting then with a paper towel or small rag rub off the glue from the peg using a dab of mineral spirits. Careful not to get it on other parts if headphone especially the set (far) aside ear pads. Should come off gradually and smoothly. Clean up smell with a little isopropyl alcohol.

PS... Soldering iron is too hot and could damage the underling plastic.

Good call, but I'm going to use my μDremel to drill 5 micron diameter holes into the glue mountains and orally siphon goo gone into the cavities until the offending adhesive abominations have been culled.

Wish me luck.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #7,865 of 15,268
Good call, but I'm going to use my μDremel to drill 5 micron diameter holes into the glue mountains and orally siphon goo gone into the cavities until the offending adhesive abominations have been culled.

Wish me luck.

This guy joined yesterday....  I wonder if this guy is Reyder from Phillip's CS....

Trying to mess with us and ****....

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #7,869 of 15,268
I'm not even sure what this thread is anymore. One guy going on and on and on about glue, and barely any discussion about the headphones and its sound at all for the past few pages.

Is this Head-Fi or some health forum? If inhaling glue (you're not even sniffing it) for a short period of time is so bad for your body, I think you better filter your whole freaking house and don't leave. There are tons of other bad chemical compounds in the atmosphere I'm sure. Well, I guess if you wear a mask you're fine.

Sorry, I just find it kind of annoying when this Eurobeats guy posts seemingly non-stop, cluttering this thread with useless posts that don't encourage any actual discussion.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #7,870 of 15,268
Is this review on Amazon from one of y'all here?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RC91A4ZS3P4PX/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00O2Y2MZG#RC91A4ZS3P4PX
Look at the pictures at the bottom.

I wasn't aware that there's units out there with so much differences.  The most alarming is the different pads! 

Which pad does everyone have that have glue issues and such.  My pads are the dark ones.  I think they are preferable. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #7,872 of 15,268
  I'm not even sure what this thread is anymore. One guy going on and on and on about glue, and barely any discussion about the headphones and its sound at all for the past few pages.

Is this Head-Fi or some health forum? If inhaling glue (you're not even sniffing it) for a short period of time is so bad for your body, I think you better filter your whole freaking house and don't leave. There are tons of other bad chemical compounds in the atmosphere I'm sure. Well, I guess if you wear a mask you're fine.

Sorry, I just find it kind of annoying when this Ivince95 guy posts seemingly non-stop, cluttering this thread with useless posts that don't encourage any actual discussion.

I'm still finding it odd that others can complain about defects, but when Eurobeat complains, people get all upset.

Hell, peopel were complaining for WEEKS before I even got here....

There are plenty of posts about the sound, from me, and others, why not try reading them :)?

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #7,873 of 15,268
  Is this review on Amazon from one of y'all here?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RC91A4ZS3P4PX/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00O2Y2MZG#RC91A4ZS3P4PX
Look at the pictures at the bottom.

I wasn't aware that there's units out there with so much differences.  The most alarming is the different pads! 

Which pad does everyone have that have glue issues and such.  My pads are the dark ones.  I think they are preferable. 

I read part of that review, since it was long, but after seeing your comment, I went to check Amazon out... and I see that..

I'm pretty sure mine are lighter black, than a dark black.  I could be wrong though.

Either way... wow.....

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #7,874 of 15,268
So let me try something constructive and from the tenor of this forum probably controversial. All of u just plugging the X2s into a PC or into a MAC should probably think about an external DAC. Using an internal soundcard subjects the signal to lots of interference. A good external DAC will give you a cleaner signal. I would make sure it is an Async DAC with 24 bit depth and 192 kHz sampling. Many are also now available with DVD (SACD Format). Also, you need to use the appropriate software (not iTunes on a PC and there's a hires front end you can buy for the MAC version of iTunes). As I said earlier I use Foobar2000 which works well for my headphones and home speakers. But the external DAC is a key component.

How's this for a redirect?

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #7,875 of 15,268
So let me try something constructive and from the tenor of this forum probably controversial. All of u just plugging the X2s into a PC or into a MAC should probably think about an external DAC. Using an internal soundcard subjects the signal to lots of interference. A good external DAC will give you a cleaner signal. I would make sure it is an Async DAC with 24 bit depth and 192 kHz sampling. Many are also now available with DVD (SACD Format). Also, you need to use the appropriate software (not iTunes on a PC and there's a hires front end you can buy for the MAC version of iTunes). As I said earlier I use Foobar2000 which works well for my headphones and home speakers. But the external DAC is a key component.

How's this for a redirect?

A bit off topic, but..
Does a DAC provide that much of a impact to a pair of headphone?
I know it's a bit difficult to answer, but if you were in my shoes, will you
1) buy a DAC and use it with existing NAD HP50 or
2) buy a X2 and drive it naked (directly from Mac)?
On one hand, I would like to get the X2 for a different sound characteristic (based on what I read, a more 'fun' sound).
On the other hand, a few people mentioned the importance of DAC and how it would change the sound..

If only funds are unlimited, there's no need to choose. But back to reality, where funds are somewhat limited, I'm somewhat stuck in between right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back