Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 16, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #4,157 of 15,268
Reminds me of a story about a woman who slowly poisoned her husband for 40 years with mercury in his food. 40 years. His body adapted to it. Our bodies are wonderful things that filter out so much bad stuff we absorb DAILY. It adapts.

If you think some dye from some pads is gonna mess you up... Then Christ, may as well become bubble boy.

Wonder how people feel about the constant radiation being direftly injected into their ears by all these headphones. Omg brain cancer, someone help.

Now you're just going overboard. Was fun at first. At least this issue is getting around and more people are seeing it. One day, I hope someone takes the leaky pads in to get tested to solve the skepticism once and for all. Until then. Enjoy.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #4,158 of 15,268
  Now you're just going overboard. Was fun at first. At least this issue is getting around and more people are seeing it. One day, I hope someone takes the leaky pads in to get tested to solve the skepticism once and for all. Until then. Enjoy.

You might want to check out the X1 thread. I remember seeing the dye issue in that thread a long time ago.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #4,161 of 15,268
  You might want to check out the X1 thread. I remember seeing the dye issue in that thread a long time ago.

He probably won't get any answers there. All the X1 owners are dead.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4,163 of 15,268
Mar 16, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #4,164 of 15,268
Yeah, im going overboard, because clearly bitching about a small amount of dye is not going overboard.

I'm willing to bet the miniscule amount of dye on the X2 doesn't even come close to harming you on the level of say...ONE CIGARETTE. Literally inhaling rat poison and a plethora of cancer causing agents directly into your system.

It's as if we're eating X2 pads for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Call the CDC.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #4,165 of 15,268
Yeah, im going overboard, because clearly bitching about a small amount of dye is not going overboard.

I'm willing to bet the miniscule amount of dye on the X2 doesn't even come close to harming you on the level of say...ONE CIGARETTE. Literally inhaling rat poison and a plethora of cancer causing agents directly into your system.

It's as if we're eating X2 pads for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Call the CDC.

No, the sarcasm was overboard. Like Ben Stiller's acting. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #4,166 of 15,268
Gotta match the level of ridiculousness going on with these complaints.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #4,169 of 15,268
The X2 is more forgiving. The K712 is more refined and better balanced, though it has that AKG upper mid spike that can turn people off.

Honestly, both are absolutely stellar. I just like the X2's flavor a hint more than the 712. You can't go wrong with either. I think the X2 makes a safer bet, as it isn't as source/amp reliant. It's something i would have trouble clearly choosing in which is a better option. I love them both.

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #4,170 of 15,268
  He probably won't get any answers there. All the X1 owners are dead.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why you saying I'm dead?  You know, there's a lot of former X1 owners that bought the X2...and some that own both.

Still got my X1 - no problems with fit, comfort, sound, leaks, or anything.  It was my favorite until I got a Fostex TH600.  I once had the urge to get an X2 but I'm waiting for a special price like when I got the X1 on Amazon for $149.

You guys that are afraid of getting cancer from your X2, just sell them and move on.  Or maybe like the 49er fans here, you want some cheese with your whine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back