Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,372 of 15,268

I don't know about web design but Christopher provides very professional customer service fast turn around and awesome reasonably priced custom cables.

As long as they don't backstab you after the warranty ends.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #2,375 of 15,268
  [size=14.3999996185303px]The cable I ordered for Fidelio-X2:[/size]
CANARE L-4E6S with jacket and 3.5mm switchcraft contact Christopher for more info. charlestoncable@gmail.com

Thnx.
I probably won't be getting any cables above $20 though.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #2,377 of 15,268
Any IEMs out there that sounds just as good / better than Philips Fidelio X2 ? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #2,380 of 15,268
  My replacement X2's are starting to bleed again. Very faintly but I see little blotches. *sigh*

According to your posts I am starting to think that your skin secretions (perspiration, oil, etc) somehow have a chemical reaction with the earpad dye.

I never had this problem with mine.

2 solutions comes to mind:

washing the earpads by soaking the earpads completely in a mild soap or shampoo added water (cool or sligtly warm), leaving them there for some hours and then washing them by just pushing the earpads (not excessive, no twisting action, etc), then washing througly with freshwater and leave them dry. (never tried this, may be someone can chime-in and share his/her experience for washing). You may try this at your own risk though...

OR

getting the Brainwavz HM5 earpads and modding them as explained by a previous user.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2,381 of 15,268
[size=14.3999996185303px]The cable I ordered for Fidelio-X2:[/size]

CANARE L-4E6S with jacket and 3.5mm switchcraft contact Christopher for more info. charlestoncable@gmail.com

For my X1 I went with these:
http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/d11.html

Also the same Canare L-4E6S cable, other connectors though but I'm very happy with it
and the price was right.
Other combinations, lengths and connectors are possible.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #2,382 of 15,268
These headphones are definitely changing with burn in. HD800s did not change at all, but these are changing for real. Mids more forward, sound's smoother and a little more transparent (less u shaped). They now sound detailed, smooth extended and dead neutral with great imaging and soundstage. When i first used them, they had some  kind of tizz in highs. Now it disappeared. I'm very surprised.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #2,383 of 15,268
I am using my X2  with a custom AudioMinor pure copper cable. Preparing a review for it BTW...

These cables are worth to try IMO. Yes, they are expensive compared to the budget ones out there. But they have cryoed Switchcraft jacks and 99,99% copper wires which are cryogenic treated for three times. And the sound and detail that this cable delivers certainly noticeable... I can't say day and night difference, but I hear more difference compared to say swapping a tube on my amp.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #2,384 of 15,268

According to your posts I am starting to think that your skin secretions (perspiration, oil, etc) somehow have a chemical reaction with the earpad dye.

I never had this problem with mine.

2 solutions comes to mind:

washing the earpads by soaking the earpads completely in a mild soap or shampoo added water (cool or sligtly warm), leaving them there for some hours and then washing them by just pushing the earpads (not excessive, no twisting action, etc), then washing througly with freshwater and leave them dry. (never tried this, may be someone can chime-in and share his/her experience for washing). You may try this at your own risk though...

OR

getting the Brainwavz HM5 earpads and modding them as explained by a previous user.

Some have reported HM5 pads worsen the sound, so I would not recommend that. I wish Philips sold earpads though, earpads that tune the sound slightly. Like Oppo did with PM headphones.

How are compicat's cables? I did not see a 1.5m long 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable on his ebay page.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #2,385 of 15,268
  Some have reported HM5 pads worsen the sound, so I would not recommend that. I wish Philips sold earpads though, earpads that tune the sound slightly. Like Oppo did with PM headphones.

Well, only one person reported that.

And I can second that. But the difference was not huge. I really liked the sound and comfort that velour HM5 earpad delivers. I didn't mod them while putting on X2. The biggest issue with the stock HM5 earpad on a X2 is that it softens the bass.

A user reported and shared some photos (sorry couldn't remember name) and told that his mod made the HM5 earpads a great sounding one (on par or may be even better than stock X2 earpads). I suggested the @Sundown to check that post. Because I have returned back to the stock X2 earpad as well. But a little modification can make them better. Although without the mods sound was still very good and close to X2 earpads. I have my explanations in the HM5 review page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back