Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #13,351 of 15,268
Have to say guys I've been listening to my X2 S I freaking love them now I'm off to beyerdynamic I love the X2 s they've grown on me a lot in fact they're one of the best headphones I've ever heard now that I've really had time to play around with them.

So I have another question for you guys I'm looking for a amp headphone amp that's powerful enough to drive some JBL 3 0 8 studio monitors and a kizma act as a headphone amp this is for a buddy of mine not sure what amp to get I know I'm getting a topping D50 DAC I'm just looking for an amp for around $250 any suggestions would help.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #13,352 of 15,268
A while back I posted in here about the problem I had with 2 pair of X2's I purchased one after the other, with one of the ear cups making a 'rattling' noise when played at fairly loud volume levels, which was a real shame, as I really loved the sound they produced otherwise.

With that being said, could anyone recommend another pair of headphones that are very similar, and at the same price point or less?
I bought a pair of HD58X's, which are superb! But I'm looking for another pair which are more similar to the X2's, mainly with the characteristics of leaning towards more warm, clear mids, and deep bass, while producing a wide soundstage. Preferably easy to drive, also.

I've just recently discovered a pair of headphones, the NAD VISO HP50, which have a glowing review on Inner Fidelity.
With maybe the soundstage aside, they sound very interesting! Does anyone know much about these? And would they fit the profile of what I'm looking for?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #13,353 of 15,268
A while back I posted in here about the problem I had with 2 pair of X2's I purchased one after the other, with one of the ear cups making a 'rattling' noise when played at fairly loud volume levels, which was a real shame, as I really loved the sound they produced otherwise.

With that being said, could anyone recommend another pair of headphones that are very similar, and at the same price point or less?
I bought a pair of HD58X's, which are superb! But I'm looking for another pair which are more similar to the X2's, mainly with the characteristics of leaning towards more warm, clear mids, and deep bass, while producing a wide soundstage. Preferably easy to drive, also.

I've just recently discovered a pair of headphones, the NAD VISO HP50, which have a glowing review on Inner Fidelity.
With maybe the soundstage aside, they sound very interesting! Does anyone know much about these? And would they fit the profile of what I'm looking for?
I was going to suggest the HD650's but you already have the 58x's, only other headphone I could recommend would be the Nighthawks but it will come down to how well you are at tracking down a pair! I have both and love both but the NH's are much better technically and slightly different tuning. The Nighthawks are going for some bat-crap crazy prices as other members have reported!

Having not heard the Nad HP50 I can't comment but they don't seem to get much coverage?! I believe the HP70's are out now as well.

Good luck!

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #13,354 of 15,268
I was going to suggest the HD650's but you already have the 58x's, only other headphone I could recommend would be the Nighthawks but it will come down to how well you are at tracking down a pair! I have both and love both but the NH's are much better technically and slightly different tuning. The Nighthawks are going for some bat-**** crazy prices as other members have reported!

Having not heard the Nad HP50 I can't comment but they don't seem to get much coverage?! I believe the HP70's are out now as well.

Good luck!

Thanks!

I'll have a look at the Nighthawks, never searched for them before. Although at a quick glance on Google, maybe a little above the price range I'm thinking of.

I'm also a little intrigued by Grado's, but I'm not sure they're in the same category of headphones I've described I'm looking to get next. I've also read their sound can be quite decisive..

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #13,356 of 15,268
Thanks!

I'll have a look at the Nighthawks, never searched for them before. Although at a quick glance on Google, maybe a little above the price range I'm thinking of.

I'm also a little intrigued by Grado's, but I'm not sure they're in the same category of headphones I've described I'm looking to get next. I've also read their sound can be quite decisive..

You could also check out the Onkyo A800, great upgrade from the X2's imo.

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #13,359 of 15,268
I ended up with the schit magni 3 and topping d50 Dac, Sounds great on my Philips headphones and it sounds great on my JBL studio monitors very happy.

The topping d50 is very impressive. Beautiful base detail very clean highs and mids I understand words in songs that I never even heard before it's so clean the dac .

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #13,360 of 15,268
tumble.jpg

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #13,363 of 15,268
I have owned my Philips X2 for about 4 years now, using them with a variety of portable equipment. Just stacked the Topping D30/A30 combo from Christmas gifts and WOW, took these cans to a whole different level. I'm so addicted now I can't quit listening. At least until the NFL starts playoff games this Saturday. LOL. Man I love these headphones.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #13,365 of 15,268
I have owned my Philips X2 for about 4 years now, using them with a variety of portable equipment. Just stacked the Topping D30/A30 combo from Christmas gifts and WOW, took these cans to a whole different level. I'm so addicted now I can't quit listening. At least until the NFL starts playoff games this Saturday. LOL. Man I love these headphones.

Indeed. They are an easy drive, but using a dedicated amp still brings out the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back