Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 1, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #11,237 of 15,268
Thinking about biting the bullet on the Fidelio X2's but Amazon US doesn't have any in stock except for third party sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. Worried that these third parties may have old stock with all the issues. Am I better off waiting for some new stock from Amazon?

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #11,240 of 15,268
A little update about the Fidelio X2 and the O2/Odac combo.
(Used on Linux).

They both pairing very great :wink:
I'm very happy about this purchase.

I built it myself, using a custom X1 gain for the X2.

And yes, to my subjective ears, the sound is way better than my on-board sound, even the (very) slight audio imbalance is gone.

Trust me or not, I didn't expected such a leap in audio quality.
biggrin.gif

Should have done that from the start... ^_^

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #11,241 of 15,268
Love my X2's but im getting annoyed with the headband. Its really squeaky when I put it on and move slightly. Of course, when music is on you cant here it and Im not usually moving enough for it to creak.

Anyone else have this happen, is there a fix, cause I haven't found anything by googling.

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #11,242 of 15,268
  Love my X2's but im getting annoyed with the headband. Its really squeaky when I put it on and move slightly. Of course, when music is on you cant here it and Im not usually moving enough for it to creak.

Anyone else have this happen, is there a fix, cause I haven't found anything by googling.

Mine did the same thing. In my case the problem was from where the stretch band goes through the padded part (I know technical terms, but stay with me
wink.gif
). The problem is that the holes are lined with vinyl to keep the fabric from fraying (I assume). The vinyl rubs against the plastic and thus squeaks. I just stuffed some small pieces of cloth into the hole between the vinyl and plastic band. Problem solved. After a couple of days the cloth fell out because it slides around as the headband moves around, but it must've stretched the vinyl or something because they still don't squeak.

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #11,243 of 15,268

Put a little grease on the tip of your finger and apply it to the surfaces where the head rest part "eats" the head band (for lack of better terms). In the picture you can see the greased part by being more reflective. (It is greased from all sides, not just the top.)

I have used a odorless teflon bike grease.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #11,245 of 15,268
I just pull out my X2 from a long hibernation after my goto HE400S was broken.

X2 met my mimby for the first time. Man the lows are so much more enjoyable now compared to DS dac.But still miss the extensons on the planars.

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #11,248 of 15,268
Didn't Philips stop making them?

They're still listed on the Philips USA site with links to retailers (Best Buy, Target and Walmart). I'm considering trying a pair if I can find them for closer to $200, but the likes of Best Buy only sell at full retail and those third party resellers on Amazon sound decidedly dodgy, with names like "Priority Sales Inc." and "Robert's Fojjer". 

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #11,249 of 15,268
  This thread has kinda died. While X2 still remains an excellent value for money headphone. And I honestly mean it.
I wonder where all the old members have gone with their headphone choices. :)

Still have my X2's, but they've been supplanted for music listening by my X00 PH :) HOWEVER, when BF1 is released, I'm pretty sure X2 + BoomPro will be my headset of choice.

They're still listed on the Philips USA site with links to retailers (Best Buy, Target and Walmart). I'm considering trying a pair if I can find them for closer to $200, but the likes of Best Buy only sell at full retail and those third party resellers on Amazon sound decidedly dodgy, with names like "Priority Sales Inc." and "Robert's Fojjer". 

I got my X2's from Massdrop for $200. I'm not at all sure they'll show up there again, but it's one more place to check.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #11,250 of 15,268
Didn't Philips stop making them?

God I hope not. Even though I'm thinking the TH-X00 could be my summit-fi, I still can't bear to part with my X2s, selling off other equipment to justify holding onto them. They're too versatile for home use and they're the only fully open pair of headphones I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back