Philips Fidelio L2
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,008 of 1,146
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,009 of 1,146
Aug 25, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #1,010 of 1,146
Just wanted to give my thumbs up for these cans. I've had them on my head for 6-7 hours a day every day this week at work with a V-moda Boompro attached for VOIP calls. These are just excellent comfort and sound wise. Love the lushness, mid-bass kick and sparkle. Isolation is plenty with music playing but I can still hear myself talk while on the phone which is great. When a pair of cans is so closed up or noise cancelling that my own voice is extremely muffled it's harder to talk IMO. The semi-open design is also great for alleviating the pressure on your ear drums that can develop after long sealed sessions.

My home set is a pair of AKG K7XX and comparatively, they have less mid-bass, more sub-bass, more air and a wider sound stage, a fairly equivalent mid-range and a bit more sparkle up top. They are also extremely open which wouldn't work for the office, and need a lot more power to drive well. I also own Beyer DT990, ATH M50s, ATH MSR7, and if I had to keep just one pair it would be these L2s for their versatility, comfort, and SQ.

Edit: Forgot to mention that besides my AKGs, these are the only other full sized headphones I've worn for extended periods that didn't cause any pain behind my ears where my glasses sit.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,011 of 1,146
Just wanted to give my thumbs up for these cans. I've had them on my head for 6-7 hours a day every day this week at work with a V-moda Boompro attached for VOIP calls. These are just excellent cans comfort and sound wise. Love the lushness, mid-bass kick and sparkle. Isolation is plenty with music playing but I can still hear myself talk while on the phone which is great. When a pair of cans is so closed up or noise cancelling that my own voice is extremely muffled it's harder to talk IMO. The semi-open design is also great for alleviating the pressure on your ear drums that can develop after long sealed sessions.

My home set is a pair of AKG K7XX and comparatively, they have less mid-bass, more sub-bass, more air and a wider sound stage, a fairly equivalent mid-range and a bit more sparkle up top. They are also extremely open which wouldn't work for the office, and need a lot more power to drive well. I also own Beyer DT990, ATH M50s, ATH MSR7, and if I had to keep just one pair it would be these L2s for their versatility, comfort, and SQ.
Agreed, these are excellent headphones.

These and the Beyerdynamic DT 150 + DT 100 velour pads are the only headphones I've listened to that just sounded ''right'' with everything I threw at them (even more so with the Beyerdynamic)

It's a shame I had to sell both of them because I couldn't get a proper fit with them most of the time.

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,012 of 1,146
It seems there are two product pages for the L2s on Amazon. There's $115 product page and a $200+ one. Being broke, I certainly hope it's the former. Can someone verify?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #1,013 of 1,146
It seems there are two product pages for the L2s on Amazon. There's $115 product page and a $200+ one. Being broke, I certainly hope it's the former. Can someone verify?

The more expensive one is Japanese. The L2BO is the North American version and is a legitimate product. No reason to pay $200 and in fact if you are patient (and set up a Camel Camel Camel alert), the L2BO has been under $100 a couple times.

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #1,014 of 1,146
The more expensive one is Japanese. The L2BO is the North American version and is a legitimate product. No reason to pay $200 and in fact if you are patient (and set up a Camel Camel Camel alert), the L2BO has been under $100 a couple times.

and there is only ONE version of the Fidelio L2, different countries have slightly different product codes.

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,015 of 1,146
Sep 7, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #1,016 of 1,146
Do these shine with portable DAPs or do they require more to sound their best? I plan to use them with the Fiio X3 III.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,017 of 1,146
Sep 7, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #1,018 of 1,146
Do these shine with portable DAPs or do they require more to sound their best? I plan to use them with the Fiio X3 III

They are really easy to drive and sound good out of most anything, but they do respond very well to amping. It's my understanding that they scale up very well so plugging into a nice amp will give good results, but it isn't necessary.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,019 of 1,146
Just bought! Thanks for the notification, kind sir. :)

I'm praying they'll be driven competently by my Fiio X3 III, though.
Congrats on the purchase. I just skimmed the wikipedia on the Fiio X3, I'm sure the L2s are going to sound great out of it. I have a Fiio A3 and a cell phone with a decent DAC in it and they sound great, the X3 should be more than capable.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,020 of 1,146
Congrats on the purchase. I just skimmed the wikipedia on the Fiio X3, I'm sure the L2s are going to sound great out of it. I have a Fiio A3 and a cell phone with a decent DAC in it and they sound great, the X3 should be more than capable.

Thanks sir! Apparently my unit was the last one since it states it's already sold out on the Groupon page! Lucky me, I guess. :)

It's good that they'll be driven adequately by my DAP. I can't wait to hear them, and I'm now obsessively browsing reviews from here and the web. Gauging from the photos, these are beautiful!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back