PGGB Offline Remastering
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #61 of 284
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #62 of 284
AF9E9DFB-C7A8-4588-A9FB-BFFC2BA00338.jpeg

Here is a setup using a mojo and ipod touch. I have had great results even over wifi playing back 16fs 24b pggb files. The playback colour appears correct. They are held together with velcro tape. I was using an elastic but it slipped onto the volume up. 😖. My poly only goes to 192.
I can’t believe the performance this combo is providing. The wifi chip in Apple devices is top notch and I am able to get 768 streaming anywhere my wifi reaches. Even the sketchy service out by the pool. The Mojo is very impressive as well. I never used it much as the Poly is a strange duck and my dap was much more convenient. It’s not the level of my desktop rig with iem’s but very close.

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #63 of 284
The author of MPD actually put the server version on Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.musicpd

That means we could also get any DAPs that are coming with system-wide solutions to bypass the SRC of Android, though not sure if that were able to recognize USB DACs or not?

Video: Megi’s multi-boot image for the PinePhone (with 17 Linux distros)
https://linuxsmartphones.com/video-megis-multi-boot-image-for-the-pinephone-with-17-linux-distros/

I guess that MPD might do quite a bit better with Linux?

Other than that, some Android-based DAPs from HiBy and Shanling etc. could also support 768kHz with built-in DACs

https://neutroncode.com/player
https://neutroncode.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6315

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #64 of 284
MPD 0.22.4 on my Antipodes EX ver 2.8 controlled by Rigelian has the best playback quality for PGGB files I have been able to find.

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #65 of 284
MPD 0.22.4 on my Antipodes EX ver 2.8 controlled by Rigelian has the best playback quality for PGGB files I have been able to find.
. . And hence why waiting patiently for New Zealand to come out of lockdown so they can roll out 3.1 and MPD 0.22.4 to the rest of us.

Having got used to more or less back to normality in the UK I do wish them well.

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #66 of 284
. . And hence why waiting patiently for New Zealand to come out of lockdown so they can roll out 3.1 and MPD 0.22.4 to the rest of us.

Having got used to more or less back to normality in the UK I do wish them well.
I see some upgraded EX CX units are returning. Hopefully they will post ver of MPD Squeezelite and HQPlayer that AMS 3.1 allows.

Nov 29, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #68 of 284
Do the upsampled files work via a Toslink cable or are they held back by the maximum 192khz rate?
They would be limited to 192k.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #69 of 284
For Prog/PGGB lovers. This album has remastered very well for me 16fs 24b.

I took all the new studio material from Yes - Keys to Ascension and made a compilation album. I just got around to listening and was blown away. Chris’s bass had a growl I’ve only heard live. The vocals are crystal clear and the soundstage is huge. Give it a try. Nice way to listen to the new studio material that was split over three cd’s.

8AD79126-CA77-4446-AEAE-DB09064A292A.png
461DE071-52AE-459B-A6A9-8671EE2CF90A.png

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #70 of 284
The vocals are crystal clear and the soundstage is huge. Give it a try. Nice way to listen to the new studio material that was split over three cd’s.
That's a great set of tracks. The sound quality is excellent too. I have these tracks together on an CD called KeyStudio.

Feb 28, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #71 of 284
Cross post from AS,

If someone is looking for a portable PGGB player I cannot recommend highly enough the Chord Poly/Mojo 2. A 1tb sd card can hold a decent amount of files and the sound with a totl iem or headphone is very impressive. It can hold it’s own with my desktop Antipodes/Chord TT2 system. I am playing 16fs 24b files but I think 32b will work as well. I was previously using the mojo 1 and the mojo 2 is a significant sonic upgrade. Should your iem need a bit of EQ, Rob’s dsp function is brilliant.

Feb 28, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #72 of 284
Interesting… I have an album (Vangelis - Juno to Jupiter) which I have PGGB’d (16fs 24b) at least 4 times as tracks 12 and 13 will not play through roon or hqplayer. After the Antipodes update today I decided to try it with LMS and Squeeze. They played!! Looks like I may be a Squeeze convert (for PGGB files only).

Feb 28, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #73 of 284
I just listen to my PGGB'd collection of music through JRiver - Sotm sms 200 Ultra w/ power supply - Sablon USB cable - Chord mojo - HD800 and I'm in sonic nirvana. PGGB is the great equalizer between Chord DACs, someone said over at CA who has both Mojo and Dave.

Mar 2, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #74 of 284
If someone is looking for a portable PGGB player I cannot recommend highly enough the Chord Poly/Mojo 2. A 1tb sd card can hold a decent amount of files and the sound with a totl iem or headphone is very impressive. It can hold it’s own with my desktop Antipodes/Chord TT2 system. I am playing 16fs 24b files but I think 32b will work as well. I was previously using the mojo 1 and the mojo 2 is a significant sonic upgrade. Should your iem need a bit of EQ, Rob’s dsp function is brilliant.

Thanks again for reporting this. I will pull the trigger on a Mojo 2 in the not too distant future. My Poly/Mojo 1 still seems like a new purchase, despite me having purchased them before the pandemic. The 3.0 firmware finally took the hassle out of using Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back