Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
May 4, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #46 of 440
here the right corrected distortion picture

upload_2018-5-4_9-45-6.png

May 16, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #48 of 440
Hello,

Have just received the Perun HP on 05/12. I ordered it the first week of March and was informed by Arthur that they were on the way the first week of April. The box came to the US and was sent back to Russia. Arthur checked with the Russian Post and was able to get it turned around. Was able to hook it up with an iFi iESL Pro and a Teac UD-501 DAC yesterday and have been enjoying the sound. Have no hardware volume control with my setup, so use in program volume control (iTunes or SonicWeb Internet Radio Player). Have not compared to any other electrostatic headset but I've retired my AQ NightHawks. The Perun is slightly larger than the Koss ESP-950 and is light. Is comfortable for long time use. My iCan Pro amp is in for repairs but am enjoying with the setup as is. I'm into jazz, classical, and vocal so I chose that variant of the two Perun HP, yet bass is good. Thanks to Thinker for getting me to take the chance. Also would like to thank Arthur and Alexander (A&A) for a great headphone. Now must save up to get a decent electrostatic driver.
FarPoint.

May 23, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #49 of 440
Hello,

Have just received the Perun HP on 05/12. I ordered it the first week of March and was informed by Arthur that they were on the way the first week of April. The box came to the US and was sent back to Russia. Arthur checked with the Russian Post and was able to get it turned around. Was able to hook it up with an iFi iESL Pro and a Teac UD-501 DAC yesterday and have been enjoying the sound. Have no hardware volume control with my setup, so use in program volume control (iTunes or SonicWeb Internet Radio Player). Have not compared to any other electrostatic headset but I've retired my AQ NightHawks. The Perun is slightly larger than the Koss ESP-950 and is light. Is comfortable for long time use. My iCan Pro amp is in for repairs but am enjoying with the setup as is. I'm into jazz, classical, and vocal so I chose that variant of the two Perun HP, yet bass is good. Thanks to Thinker for getting me to take the chance. Also would like to thank Arthur and Alexander (A&A) for a great headphone. Now must save up to get a decent electrostatic driver.
FarPoint.
Interested in your longish term 2 week listening review I might be interested in these. How are they with lower quality amplification I. E. Srm1 or 727 vs insane price bhse I know they will scale but are they better on mid price amps compared against 009 on mid price amps thanks.

Oct 13, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #54 of 440
So, any further news or impressions on these? It's been four months.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #56 of 440
hi, so if there a bass version and a non bass version, which one is better in general

and what is the latest version of perun, what draw my attention is that they are being described as meaty sounding compared to some other stats

also how much do the phenomenon stats get priced as they look amazing

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #57 of 440
Hi everybody! Here's Perun electrostatic headphones version called 'Live Sound'. You can test them at incoming High End Munich 2019 event at HALL1,D01 Zavalinka Records exibitor as one of their headphone rig component. Everybody are welcome to hear 'The Voice of Perun' here. )DSC_0137.JPG

May 7, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #58 of 440
Hi everybody! Here's Perun electrostatic headphones version called 'Live Sound'. You can test them at incoming High End Munich 2019 event at HALL1,D01 Zavalinka Records exibitor as one of their headphone rig component. Everybody are welcome to hear 'The Voice of Perun' here. )
can you tell what is the difference in sound between the new one and the bass heavy one

best wishes

May 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #59 of 440
'Live sound' is the same as so called 'Bass version'. But 'LS' has more deep bass (Abyss like and not worse but much cleaner) and more natural, realistic signature, w/o peaks and midrange dips.

Author of Perun headphones has found a Golden mean in his creative search.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #60 of 440
'Live sound' is the same as so called 'Bass version'. But 'LS' has more deep bass (Abyss like and not worse but much cleaner) and more natural, realistic signature, w/o peaks and midrange dips.

Author of Perun headphones has found a Golden mean in his creative search.
I notice that you seem to only have the bass heavy / LS version on the website now, are the more open bass light versions getting discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back