Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
Dec 8, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #438 of 440
I bought the sr007 mk1 a few weeks ago and a CCS modded srm-T1 from Mjolnir audio, i'd like to upgrade to kgsshv carbon in the future when i have the funds, should i expect for a significant upgarde in sound?
To be honest currently the 007 mk1 vocals sound a little bit muted, i'm really hoping that with change with a better amp.

The ccs t1 isn’t terrible amp but the 007 is the most demanding of any estat. Yes Carbon will improve things. It could be your particular 007 though, my sz1 was muddy but my 71xxx was super clear even on a lesser amp.

Anyway - Probably better to move these to Stax thread

Dec 8, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #439 of 440
I bought the sr007 mk1 a few weeks ago and a CCS modded srm-T1 from Mjolnir audio, i'd like to upgrade to kgsshv carbon in the future when i have the funds, should i expect for a significant upgarde in sound?
To be honest currently the 007 mk1 vocals sound a little bit muted, i'm really hoping that with change with a better amp.

As @Chefguru said, 007mk1 are demanding and need a good amp. On my Carbon they sound amazing. You should drop this question ins Stax thread

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #440 of 440
The ccs t1 isn’t terrible amp but the 007 is the most demanding of any estat. Yes Carbon will improve things. It could be your particular 007 though, my sz1 was muddy but my 71xxx was super clear even on a lesser amp.

Anyway - Probably better to move these to Stax thread
Thanks for the response as per your suggestions I'll continue this on the Stax thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back