Perun electrostatic headphone impressions
Nov 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #421 of 440
Nov 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #422 of 440
It still sounds fine and the weirdness slowly goes away a bit with time (so that it isn't noticeable while playing tracks) but it's still not as stable as Live Sound.

All of the estats require some warm-up every time. It may vary from 30 sec up to several hours. The iterations of Perun Rock with the new cups design might need 3-10 mins.

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #423 of 440
Well, sounds like they sold me a dud then.

They havent. Its just that you have ordered just before the recent update. If you want to try the newer iteration, probably Alexander might upgrade you ones if you ask him.

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #424 of 440
Nov 2, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #425 of 440
The membrane change?
Sth about the membrane is slightly changed but also the stator has a big hole in the middle.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #426 of 440
They havent. Its just that you have ordered just before the recent update. If you want to try the newer iteration, probably Alexander might upgrade you ones if you ask him.
I'm sure they would do it.
They have been good to work with thus far.

That being said, I am not sure I want to keep putting money into it...

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #427 of 440
It is not:) The latest update was invented less than a month ago.

Looks like he updated his headphones quite regularly and, under each of these two brand names, there have been several revisions (would have been great if he offered clear info on this; perhaps someone here will one day publish some table that tracks this).

In your experience, how often does he update his models?

Nov 2, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #428 of 440
Looks like he updated his headphones quite regularly and, under each of these two brand names, there have been several revisions (would have been great if he offered clear info on this; perhaps someone here will one day publish some table that tracks this).

He is in a constant state of update (tinkering? refinement?)

Sth about the membrane is slightly changed but also the stator has a big hole in the middle.
Cool. I didn’t ask him what all the changes were but mine went in for revision the first half of last month. He mentioned that the version I will be receiving is “good with all voltages” to paraphrase the google translation.

Nov 2, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #429 of 440
Agree. Something like version control for clarity; e.g. ABC.xyz, where major revision are in the ABC workspace while minor revision are on the right after the dot notation 😊

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #430 of 440

I dont think there will be a list of the versions since its basically impossible to do it. There were only 2 more or less long-lasting iterations. One of the elder ones (1 iteration before the new cups design) and the one with the new cups design (wel call it "windows"). He says that the recent iteration will be the final one as has tested every tiny aspect of each component, has tested all of the combinations and has figured out the best of all of it. (It will also have this "windows" cup design)

He used to update Rock literally every month once in a while. However, he indeed has slowed down recently with his changes.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #431 of 440
I dont think there will be a list of the versions since its basically impossible to do it. There were only 2 more or less long-lasting iterations. One of the elder ones (1 iteration before the new cups design) and the one with the new cups design (wel call it "windows"). He says that the recent iteration will be the final one as has tested every tiny aspect of each component, has tested all of the combinations and has figured out the best of all of it. (It will also have this "windows" cup design)

He used to update Rock literally every month once in a while. However, he indeed has slowed down recently with his changes.
Thanks!
Helpful to know..
I’m going to have to try one of them sooner or later..

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #432 of 440
I bought the sr007 mk1 a few weeks ago and a CCS modded srm-T1 from Mjolnir audio, i'd like to upgrade to kgsshv carbon in the future when i have the funds, should i expect for a significant upgarde in sound?
To be honest currently the 007 mk1 vocals sound a little bit muted, i'm really hoping that with change with a better amp.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #433 of 440
I bought the sr007 mk1 a few weeks ago and the most i could offer is a CCS modded srm-T1 from Mjolnir audio, i'd like to upgrade to kgsshv carbon in the future when i have the funds, should i expect for a significant upgarde?
Tbh currently the 007 mk1 vocals sound a little bit muted, i'm really that with change with a better amp.
I bought a Mjolnir KGSSHV Carbon and feel like it's great personally.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #435 of 440
How do you find the vocals?
Currently my 6xx have better vocals in my opinion, I really hope the kgsshv carbon will change that.
It's hard to say if your particular 007mk1 or the way you're driving it.

My 007mk1 on Mjolnir Carbon is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back