Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 1, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #631 of 1,454
That could have been me, among others who are spreading the gospel over there (@markm1 and @sludgeogre). To me, Be sounds very Audeze-like (I have LCD-2 and LCD-4), I get that warm familiar sound and pleasantly rolled-off treble with foam tips (I use Campfire marshmallow tips, Comply foam also rock). Metal sounds absolutely divine, punchy, muscular, fast and effortless. I notice you already pulled the trigger, so you are in for a treat. I trust someone with a Samael album cover avatar will not be disappointed.

I'll definitely update with my findings. Looks like they come with some foams stock so I can test 'em out that way. Then I'll decide what tips to go wtih.

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #632 of 1,454
Yes, you can buy straight from us. On our website, each product has a "buy" button right at the top. Note we charge MSRP plus shipping (and tax if you are in the States of CA or WY). You'll also need to deal with any import duties and fees yourself as well; that is one thing a dealer can save you, the headache of customs, and usually a lower cost of shipping since they typically bring in a few dozen units at a time (thereby reducing the cost-per-unit for shipping).

We have a flat-rate for shipping: $7.95 in the US and $32.95 for International. We ship via USPS Priority mail ONLY - we will not ship any other means.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the prompt response, it's much appreciated.
Apologies, it's been a while since I've been to your company's webpage, I will see how it goes.
Sadly, sometimes, as eluded to, dealers don't always give the best prices or showcase a good company's products, even without shipping costs involved but that's another story.

Keep up the good work.

Hope you have a great day !

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #634 of 1,454
It was not my most responsible purchase, but when it shows up on Tuesday we'll see what's up.

I have way too many goddamn IEMs right now...

Apr 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #636 of 1,454
A tale of sorrow and renewal for you. I bought a pair of BEs and immediately fell for their clear extended highs and deep taught bass. After a couple of days using them for six hours a day I noticed just how open and extended the soundstage was. I was so wowed by the bass to begin with that it took me a few days to really appreciate the midrange and headstage presented by the BE. After just five days they had displaced all of my other iems and over-ear headphones. I was listening to some trance late at night and got up to get a drink of water, when I returned my cat had pulled the cable out of my amp and nearly chewed it clean through. I hadn't been gone for more than two minutes and the cat was sleeping in the other room when I got up! I reflexively yelled at the cat so loud that she feared me for two days but damn, I had only had the BEs for five days and was loving them! I contacted Periodic Audio and they informed me of their recable service for fourty dollars. I sent in the BEs and Periodic Audio took all of 24 hours to recable them and get them back in the mail. Fantastic service by Periodic Audio I must say. So, I am loving the BEs again and I do NOT leave them where the cat can get them.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #638 of 1,454
^^ and this is why a fixed cable is less than optimal.

Counterpoint: "I contacted Periodic Audio and they informed me of their recable service for forty dollars. I sent in the BEs and Periodic Audio took all of 24 hours to recable them and get them back in the mail."

That price and turnaround time should be very reassuring for those whose cable failures aren't covered by the 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #639 of 1,454
I'm not denying that it's a fast turnaround and $40 for a cable isn't bad. Just that having to mail them in and whatnot still isn't first choice.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #640 of 1,454
I completely agree. I wish that they didn't have a fixed cable but they sound so good and PAs service is so good that I am not bothered by it. It would be just as easy to say " and that's why it is better not to have pets" but my cat is so cute and loving, when she isn't eating my iems that is. :triportsad:

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #641 of 1,454
Berylliums are in.

The foams made the bass a bit TOO woolly for my ears. Even with the normal med silicones the low end is pretty dang pronounced. I'm not unhappy with that at all, mind. I'm gonna give them some more ear time first. I don't wanna gush prematurely.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #642 of 1,454
Berylliums are in.

The foams made the bass a bit TOO woolly for my ears. Even with the normal med silicones the low end is pretty dang pronounced. I'm not unhappy with that at all, mind. I'm gonna give them some more ear time first. I don't wanna gush prematurely.
You're not alone in that ... at a meet, I gave em to a dude who was used to his Campfire Andromedas. He put them in his ears for five seconds, took em out and declared "they're bass cannons" without a second thought.

Give your brain a bit to get used to the impact and I think you'll be glad that you did

Edit: I've also found the foam tips to be too rolled-off at the top end. Save yourself some time and don't try them with the Comply tips either, since they have the same signature.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #643 of 1,454
I'm currently using the large-size double flanges and I'm much more impressed.

Yeah, the bass is potent, but it's the exact example I've always looked for with high-quality bass despite being elevated. I get why the word "texture" keeps showing up in reviews.

The efficiency is also REALLY impressive. I'm a metalhead and this is the first set of IEMs I've ever encountered where I can leave them at about half volume out of a cell phone.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #645 of 1,454
It's not about the quantity of bass, rather it is more the lifelike weight and impact of the bass. Lot of phone deliver BASS, but not many deliver it with this sense of realism!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back