Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #661 of 1,454
EDIT: I will add that the spiral dots are a great tip upgrade. The bass is a touch less aggressive, which is helpful, and the wider bore seems to let them breathe more.

That said, I am still absolutely baffled by reviews I've seen from people suggesting they either had to EQ the bass up and treble down or that bass lovers would dislike these. I wonder if some people just could not get a seal because no matter what tip I've used, bass is incredibly prominent.

Glad to see the spiral dots are doing you right. I completely agree about the bass because I had the exact same thought the moment I put the BEs in my ears and fired up some music. IMHO the sound signature is an elevated sub-bass and lower bass then a very even balance with just the slightest bend up at 10khz-14khz. I don't have any way to test my opinion but for me I love the sound signature and it is exactly what I have been looking for.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #662 of 1,454
It took me the last two days to really get used to them, now I don't think I could go back to anything else. It works so damn well for metal.

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #663 of 1,454
Hi, Ive been doing a lot of research for my first real pair of iems and what i really mean is....earbuds if you get what i mean (;. Yea, i got the granvela g10s Hammering bass boost version :p months back and hell, they destroy the apples. But yes, so ive narrowed this down too 2 after seeing the (many many)reviews on both of these that say yea, these are Great calue for the price and have a great bass region kick which is what im looking for ofc not Just that, but i do like the bass too be exceptional(which these are from the research ive done, but also are excpetional in all other areas otherwise why would you pay 300 dollars ofc :p) too stand out a bit and i also want a nice musical and "fun" sound, probably not super you know "analytical" or whatever. So ive narrowed the choices down too 2 IEMS that bost supposedly from all the reviews ive read great value for the price. The be and oriveti new premacy. From what ive read these both are great all arounders with that xtra punch and great texture bass with quick response times. Both can be run off a droid well(i believe(ill be getting a cyrus soundskey, and by the way if anyone has one for sale lmk). Has anyone heard both of these? I really like how small the orveti looks and sleak/stylish, like a fast to the point corvette. And the BE looks elegent, dont care which sure theyll be look great! Which of these has cleaner lows and more impactful bass is a main concern(cause im sure ill be More then satisfied with all other aspects...).
Thanks in advance and will be watching intently for a response too which pair of buds i will love for a while.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #664 of 1,454
this site makes you post twice if you go over a certain length when editing i guess

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #665 of 1,454
Hi, Ive been doing a lot of research for my first real pair of iems and what i really mean is....earbuds if you get what i mean (;. Yea, i got the granvela g10s bass boost version :p months back and hell, they destroy the apple ones. But yes, so ive narrowed this down too 2 after seeing the reviews on both of these that say yea, these are Great calue for the price and have a great bass region kick which is what im looking for ofc not Just that, but i do like the bass too be exceptional(which these are from the research ive done, but also are excpetional in all other areas otherwise why would you pay 300 dollars ofc :p) too stand out a bit and i also want a nice musical and "fun" sound, probably not super you know "analytical" or whatever. So ive narrowed the choices down too 2 IEMS that bost supposedly from all the reviews ive read great value for the price. The be and oriveti new premacy. From what ive read these both are great all arounders with that xtra punch and great texture bass with quick response times. Both can be run off a droid well(i believe(ill be getting a cyrus soundskey, and by the way if anyone has one for sale lmk). Has anyone heard both of these? I really like how small the orveti looks and sleak/stylish, like a fast to the point corvette. And the BE looks elegent, dont care which sure theyll be look great! Which of these has cleaner lows and more impactful bass is a main concern(cause im sure ill be More then satisfied with all other aspects...). I listen to rap/hip 50% of time but also all types.
Thanks in advance and i will be watching for response

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #666 of 1,454
uhhhh Scratch that. i just called up Periodics # at 12 oclock ET thinking there was noway in hell some1 would answer lmao. This guy dan wiggins who ive seen vids on youtube of and many smart-type and hilarious sarcastic comments(i was actually really really hoping hed answer but not thought itd happen). Guys amazing rlly. He reminds me of The Donald a bit in that it doesnt mater who these 2 talk too, they will always treat you with upmost respect unless you disrespect (in donalds case) and care 1000% more then needed(im sure these 2 would really really hit it off, both (laser-autistic-focused with passion). Hes just got that successful winning go get em mentality that all successful people share in common and nothing can stop or hault these types just keep striving on fwd doing Great things pushing boundaries. This is one of those people where just having a conversation will make YOU want to do great things and motivate You to be great ! I didnt even ask him if is this what is and just live off these first sets cause i know this company will go fwd with better and better products. You can tell a lot about some1s character and pride and just care about putting something out there that customers will truly love with Dan at the helm, and this was through a 15 minute talk which could have gone longer cause dans class A but i had too cut it short cause its late for him :). I havent even ordered them yet but i know this will be a treat, especially coming from some 20$ granvela buds :). I can tell because this dan guy is at the helm, who created the adire brahma which i definately heard of back in the day that it was a lower frequency tank and that literally won sql and spl awards which is what excited me even MORE now getting these buds XD. overalredi wat ? Couldnt be more relieved after talking with dan(i knew within the first 2 minutes, i was talking the first 1 which i shouldnt have :p) and excited at the same time combined with all these glowing reviews. He even let me in the loop/secret about dacs and that actually phones and cpus DO have good dacs and that the be is very efficient(and highly comfortable) and doesnt need anything for great performance and he himself uses nothing but his phone. NO cyprus soundkey, I Dont need you at all, dont fool me ! Also if you cant afford Her for 300 YOU CAN GET A "blemished" VERSION FOR ONE HUNDRED BUCKAROOS OFF AND SHE COMES WITH A FREAKIN 5 YEAR WARRANTY!!! BAM BAM BOOM GG. Hail Dan Wiggins for POTUS 2020! GREAT EARBUDS FOR ALL!
Ill be ordering 1000% mind made up the Periodic Audio Be(refer too The Elegent Queen as Queen Be all !) -out-

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #668 of 1,454
Queen Be gets here saturday woohoo. What kind of tips does she come with. I read somewhere that periodic makes their own tips, is this correct

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #669 of 1,454
Queen Be gets here saturday woohoo. What kind of tips does she come with. I read somewhere that periodic makes their own tips, is this correct

Probably? The included tips really aren't anything special. Just your average silicones and foams. I went Spiral Dot and that's how I'm staying.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #670 of 1,454
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #671 of 1,454
I've been playing with the Be for a few hours. At first I was scared because there was no bass coming out. Guess silicones and flanges just don't really provide that. The foams do provide the bass however. Crazy how tips can make this much of a difference(and nerve wracking for a nub). I thought it was just getting a faulty blemished version or that I need to burn them in but there really was no bass with the non thick foams. Only issue now is that I have too press both sides in with my fingers too get the depth too receive the full output which obviously isn't optimal. I think I need too get a dac amp for my Google pixel cause I pretty much have too turn the smart phone up full too get the real solid output and I want even more so yeah. Was looking at the sabaj da2, nice small portable thingy with some great reviews. would this increase bass and improve sq (obviously output will improve)? This would be used for the pixel and computer.
Also since I like the comfortable thick tips and want that deep total sealing penetration(no homo) what other thick foam tips are out there ? Don't want too get the complys since you have too replace often which is a joke since they alrdy cost 20 bucks..
Thanks for input

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #672 of 1,454
I've been playing with the Be for a few hours. At first I was scared because there was no bass coming out. Guess silicones and flanges just don't really provide that. The foams do provide the bass however. Crazy how tips can make this much of a difference(and nerve wracking for a nub). I thought it was just getting a faulty blemished version or that I need to burn them in but there really was no bass with the non thick foams. Only issue now is that I have too press both sides in with my fingers too get the depth too receive the full output which obviously isn't optimal. I think I need too get a dac amp for my Google pixel cause I pretty much have too turn the smart phone up full too get the real solid output and I want even more so yeah. Was looking at the sabaj da2, nice small portable thingy with some great reviews. would this increase bass and improve sq (obviously output will improve)? This would be used for the pixel and computer.
Also since I like the comfortable thick tips and want that deep total sealing penetration(no homo) what other thick foam tips are out there ? Don't want too get the complys since you have too replace often which is a joke since they alrdy cost 20 bucks..
Thanks for input

No. You need to play around with tips more. Go for a deeper insertion. Achieve the best seal you can.

Try JVC Spiral Dots.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #673 of 1,454
Yeah, cuz like... the bass is damn near overwhelming just with the stock silicones. If you're not getting any bass, it means you're not getting any seal.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #674 of 1,454

Thanks for posting your review. I have to say though that I am surprised you didn't at least read how to tell right from left. You then went on to give misinformation as to telling right from left. Periodics website, the included manual for the iems, most other reviews, and this very thread say plainly that if you look into the tip you will see that one screen is red and the other is black with the red one designating right. I sincerely do not mean for that to sound harsh as I really enjoyed your review.

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #675 of 1,454
Chessblitzer2017, you most definitely are not getting a seal. Everyone has their own way of doing things but I will describe my method and you can give it a try and see if it works for you. Reach around behind your head with the opposite hand and gently pull your ear rearward to open the ear canal, like when inserting an ear plug. Slide the BE in to a comfortable depth, you may hear a crinkle sound, that crinkle sound is driver flex which does not harm the driver. After a couple of times inserting them you will get a feel for the best depth with minimal to no driver flex. You may need to experiment with the different sizes of tips, too small won't give you a good seal and too big won't allow you to insert them deep enough for a proper seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back