VE, monk plus high-end cable
SONY:E434
LABTEC:LH215
SHOZY:CYGNUS, stardust
TY HI-Z:HP400S
ROSE:MOJITO

IEM:
COZOY:HERA
VE:DUKE:)heart_eyes:)DUKE AE:)heart_eyes:)
ECHOBOX:FINDER X1, traveler
CARDAS:A8,EM5813
SHOZY:ZERO, hibiki
DUNU:DN2000J
PENON: PENON IEM
HIDIZS: DAWNWOOD GT36
JVC:FX1200
****:LIGHT
VIVO XE800
VSONIC:GR07X
Tanchjm darkside
Periodic audio berryllium

EARHOOK:
KOSS:KSC-75

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #606 of 1,454
Ah okay. So the Beryllium is the highest end thing you have.

I'm wondering what people think who have IEMs in that range or higher.

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #608 of 1,454
Hi DanWiggins,

Just like to say keep up the good work & I realise I have asked this somewhere else though not sure if you've seen it but just wondering when the Nickel will be released worldwide?
Also being outside the US, hope the exchange rates don't kill the pricing but then I blame exchange rates, not Periodic Audio.

Hope you have a great day !
We're looking at late April; FCC certifications and such since we have a device which oscillates at more than 9 kHz (the highest you can go without any need to check RF output).

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #609 of 1,454
We're looking at late April; FCC certifications and such since we have a device which oscillates at more than 9 kHz (the highest you can go without any need to check RF output).

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info.

Sadly yes, I understand how regulations work, especially in the US & the time it takes to bring something good to market & I have no doubt things will be more than fine.
I look forward to when the Nickel comes out worldwide.

Last thing I like to ask if it would ever be possible for consumers to buy direct from Periodic Audio instead of going through distributors as sometimes it is hard to get a company's product through distribution chains for various reasons.

Keep up the good work.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #610 of 1,454
I am so damn torn.

I'm staring at the New Primacy and Be on Amazon.

Same price. Reviews stellar for both. One single DD, one hybrid.

I dunno what to do.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #611 of 1,454
Hi SomeGuyDude,

I empathtise, tricky choice as both are good & both scale extremely well with good equipment.
This is personal & subjective but New Primacy has potentially more value with detachable cable options, especially with its own upgrade cable, the Affinity, there are also some other good cable choices out there.
If possible, if Amazon price is stable, I suggest going for a demo somewhere, that's really the only way you going to know unless you can swing both.
Either way, good choice either way if you can only pick one.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #612 of 1,454
The cable on the Be terrifies me because I've had good IEMs get wrecked thanks to a dog snagging it or a phone falling out of my pocket. Being able to replace a cable is huge. Still, those reviews of the Be are stellar.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #613 of 1,454
I am so damn torn.

I dunno what to do.

Both are absolute steal for their price in comparison to their competitors. Primacy has removable cable but is heavier. I think the BE has better SQ. BE has 5 year warranty. Maybe just get whichever that has the better design for you or SQ if you're very picky about that.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #614 of 1,454
Hi SomeGuyDude,

My issue exactly, fixed cables are potentially troublesome in this day & age to senarios as you say, my only advice there is either you use the Be in a situation where there would be limited exposure to senarios as you describe or just get the New Primacy & be done.

I've got a few in ears with the same non detachable issue & sadly they have limited use due to life modern life senarios.

As said before, just demo.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #615 of 1,454
I am so damn torn.

I dunno what to do.

I purchased the New Primacy phone just before my Be. IMHO, there was no comparison in sound between the two. The NP's soon left! The 5 year warranty on the Periodic phones gives me great comfort. I also found the Be to be very comfortable due to the very light weight. Probably one of the best sounding phones I have owned regardless of cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back