Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #572 of 1,454
Hi, I will release the review of the Mg as early as next week! Do check my Facebook page or website in my signature for the latest updates. Cheers :)

photo_2018-01-31_23-25-17.jpg
If you haven't already seen it, Audio Bacon has a nice review comparing and contrasting the Mg, Ti and Be.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #573 of 1,454
If you haven't already seen it, Audio Bacon has a nice review comparing and contrasting the Mg, Ti and Be.
Oh I have not seen it but anyway, I have completed the review :)

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #574 of 1,454
Mar 6, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #579 of 1,454
I hate you all.

I'm between work right now (contracting, ugh), and I want to get a pair of Be's on my hands so damn badly.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #580 of 1,454
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #581 of 1,454
I recently received the latest cosmetic variant of the Be -- decided to post a full review based on roughly a year of ownership of the older one, and now this new one. Enjoy!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/periodic-audio-beryllium-be.22397/reviews
Cool, I had wondered if they had changed anything - the one that I bought and received was not the same as the one that I demoed at their audio show - notably, the cable on the old one is worse, and it's impossible to see the tiny faint red discoloration on the inside of the Right bud.

Can you post pics of the two side by side to help brothers here identify which they have? I'd think that the people with the older variant would really like to see the new red grille, at least, since IMHO it's pretty snazzy and much better than what we have now

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #582 of 1,454
I don't have the old ones on hand anymore but just reached out to the person who does. Here's a pic of the new ones (and apologize for not having a macro lens handy.)

https://imgur.com/DGFcXSf
DGFcXSf

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #583 of 1,454
Cool, I had wondered if they had changed anything - the one that I bought and received was not the same as the one that I demoed at their audio show - notably, the cable on the old one is worse, and it's impossible to see the tiny faint red discoloration on the inside of the Right bud.

Can you post pics of the two side by side to help brothers here identify which they have? I'd think that the people with the older variant would really like to see the new red grille, at least, since IMHO it's pretty snazzy and much better than what we have now
It's all clear now. I got a new Be a few weeks ago and didn't understand how anyone would have problems differentiating left and right. Didn't realize there was a design change and now the right grill is a big red one.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #584 of 1,454
It's all clear now. I got a new Be a few weeks ago and didn't understand how anyone would have problems differentiating left and right. Didn't realize there was a design change and now the right grill is a big red one.
Yeah man, mine look like this:
https://imgur.com/a/V9YZI
It's virtually impossible to tell the two apart in anything other than super bright light, and even worse when you have tips on. I did the good ole "tape mod" to more easily differentiate between the L and R

I had intended to ask Dan why the ones I got weren't the same as the ones I demoed, but never got around to it

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #585 of 1,454
Yup. Check out the bottom half of my review of the noticed changes -- cable, Y splitter, L/R.

It's a very polished product now. I'll be my go-to recommendation for people looking to step up their IEM game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back