Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Mar 31, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #616 of 1,454
I purchased the New Primacy phone just before my Be. IMHO, there was no comparison in sound between the two. The NP's soon left! The 5 year warranty on the Periodic phones gives me great comfort. I also found the Be to be very comfortable due to the very light weight. Probably one of the best sounding phones I have owned regardless of cost.

Mind elaborating? Like, what was it on the Be that won it? I'm not trying to grill ya, I'm just curious if what tilted in favor of the Be is the same that would appeal to me.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #617 of 1,454
Mind elaborating? Like, what was it on the Be that won it? I'm not trying to grill ya, I'm just curious if what tilted in favor of the Be is the same that would appeal to me.
I find the Be to have an effortless, very lifelike musical presentation. Imaging is superb. To use the often overstated "holographic" description, that is the impression that the immersive soundstage brings to mind, more speakerlike, if you will. I found the NP to sound rather flat in comparison with less perception of depth. They didn't provide me with the same emotional connection to my music.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #618 of 1,454
I am so damn torn.

I'm staring at the New Primacy and Be on Amazon.

Same price. Reviews stellar for both. One single DD, one hybrid.

I dunno what to do.
I have the Be and they're great. Haven
I find the Be to have an effortless, very lifelike musical presentation. Imaging is superb. To use the often overstated "holographic" description, that is the impression that the immersive soundstage brings to mind, more speakerlike, if you will. I found the NP to sound rather flat in comparison with less perception of depth. They didn't provide me with the same emotional connection to my music.
I bow to your eloquence and all I can say is that they are crazy good. Their $300 price is incredible for their quality. If you happen to have a Hugo 2 available try them for a great experience.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #619 of 1,454

That definitely sounds appealing, but I admit I don't understand what it actually sounds like beyond soundstage LMAO.

Frequency response? Timbre? Is the treble smooth or sparkly?

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #620 of 1,454
Hi SomeGuyDude,

Smooth all the way, across the ranges but keep in mind, personal, subjective & source dependant.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #622 of 1,454
Hi SomeGuyDude,

Smooth all the way, across the ranges but keep in mind, personal, subjective & source dependant.

That's why I'm trying to really drill it down. I like smooth with a warm tilt. It's worth saying that my endgame full-size is the LCD-3. A flat/neutral sig doesn't work for me.

Metal-Fi seems to be raving about these, which is hella encouraging. I just got a new job so I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on one tonight, just keep waffling on which.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #623 of 1,454
That's why I'm trying to really drill it down. I like smooth with a warm tilt. It's worth saying that my endgame full-size is the LCD-3. A flat/neutral sig doesn't work for me.
Metal sounds epic with it

Metal-Fi seems to be raving about these, which is hella encouraging. I just got a new job so I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on one tonight, just keep waffling on which.

Apr 1, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #625 of 1,454
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info.

Sadly yes, I understand how regulations work, especially in the US & the time it takes to bring something good to market & I have no doubt things will be more than fine.
I look forward to when the Nickel comes out worldwide.

Last thing I like to ask if it would ever be possible for consumers to buy direct from Periodic Audio instead of going through distributors as sometimes it is hard to get a company's product through distribution chains for various reasons.

Keep up the good work.

Hope you have a great day !
Yes, you can buy straight from us. On our website, each product has a "buy" button right at the top. Note we charge MSRP plus shipping (and tax if you are in the States of CA or WY). You'll also need to deal with any import duties and fees yourself as well; that is one thing a dealer can save you, the headache of customs, and usually a lower cost of shipping since they typically bring in a few dozen units at a time (thereby reducing the cost-per-unit for shipping).

We have a flat-rate for shipping: $7.95 in the US and $32.95 for International. We ship via USPS Priority mail ONLY - we will not ship any other means.

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #626 of 1,454
Apr 1, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #630 of 1,454
Ffffff, and someone on the Metal-Fi thread said the Be sounds very Audeze-like.

That could have been me, among others who are spreading the gospel over there (@markm1 and @sludgeogre). To me, Be sounds very Audeze-like (I have LCD-2 and LCD-4), I get that warm familiar sound and pleasantly rolled-off treble with foam tips (I use Campfire marshmallow tips, Comply foam also rock). Metal sounds absolutely divine, punchy, muscular, fast and effortless. I notice you already pulled the trigger, so you are in for a treat. I trust someone with a Samael album cover avatar will not be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back