Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Jan 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #452 of 1,683
I'll jump right on that 
eek.gif
wink_face.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #455 of 1,683
Installed my Mk.II update 2 days ago.  Don't have time to write in detail right now, but I'll give you a hint for now.  It's reall good!  I wasn't expecting it to make such difference so I'm very pleasantly surprised with the results.

More to follow...

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #456 of 1,683

Quote:
Installed my Mk.II update 2 days ago.  Don't have time to write in detail right now, but I'll give you a hint for now.  It's reall good!  I wasn't expecting it to make such difference so I'm very pleasantly surprised with the results.

More to follow...

What type of input you are using?  

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #457 of 1,683
So far i'm only using it using the bridge.  Haven't tried any other inputs, but i'm guessing the Mk.II boards will make an even bigger difference using usb, coax, etc.

I've finally decided to only use the bridge for streaming my music since I feel PS Audio has gotten eLyric to the point where it isn't very buggy anymore to run as a service on my computer.  The remote app works very well and i've been able to stream all sorts of bitrates (including 24/192) with no hiccups at all.  Speaking of high bitrates, with the Mk.II board, I feel that all the digital harshness is gone from 16/44 recordings to the point where I really enjoy listening to them as opposed to trying to find 24/96 versions of albums.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #458 of 1,683
I might also mirror a few things written on the PS Audio boards, but to me this has been a very worthwhile upgrade and frankly one that is saving me money in a sense.  Before the upgrade, I had my PWD connected to an Atma-sphere MP-1 preamp then into my speaker amps.  When hooked straight into the amps, the PWD sounded a little flat to me and tonally a little off.  Sound stage was somewhat narrow and most importantly the highs here a little too shrill / glare on a lot of not so well recorded music.  Putting the MP-1 preamp in the chain raised the floor noise some but in return made the sound a whole lot more pleasant and much more spacious (without being diffuse).

Ever since receiving my Mk.II board and using Native X mode, I've been a/b with and without the preamp in my system to the point where I find very little benefit of using it anymore.  The PWD has turned into something that sounds extremely analogue (even on 16/44 sources) and I've been able to listen to much quite a bit louder without any fatigue whatsoever.  Sound stage is vastly improved and so has the clarity of instruments separation.  

Overall this has been a very good piece of equipment for me ever since I bought it almost 2 years ago and am thrilled to be getting such a performance jump without having to invest in a new $6000 dac.  Also, I can't wait to see how it will perform when I receive my BHSE 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #460 of 1,683
I use Black Sand Violet Z1 power cables for all my equipment.  I'm quite happy with them but frankly haven't been able to hear profound differences with most power cables I've used. To me they're well built, have nice connectors that grip well, and aren't overly expensive.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #463 of 1,683
I think this is too early to ask, but I'll ask anyway: Is there any sound difference between the Bridge and the MKII upgrade kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back