Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #421 of 1,683

Quote:
Yeah, I def. have to get my order in soon.  End of Dec is coming way too fast.

Heh yeah. After already spent $2500+, there's some part of me that just wants to say screw it and start experimenting with DIY. I certainly liked the Buffalo DAC I heard - maybe a tube output section to that would be fun. Probably a more interesting use of another $800.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #422 of 1,683

Quote:

Heh yeah. After already spent $2500+, there's some part of me that just wants to say screw it and start experimenting with DIY. I certainly liked the Buffalo DAC I heard - maybe a tube output section to that would be fun. Probably a more interesting use of another $800.

I'm still interest in Buffalo but I have to get the Squeezebox back since all my flac are at NAS and located another floor from my listening chair.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #423 of 1,683
hopefully next christmas ill have enough money to get this DAC.

right now i'm happy with my DL III and i think its amazing! 

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #424 of 1,683

Quote:
hopefully next christmas ill have enough money to get this DAC.

right now i'm happy with my DL III and i think its amazing! 

DL III is definitely a great DAC for its price.

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #425 of 1,683

Quote:
DL III is definitely a great DAC for its price.

i got mine used (mint condition) at an audio store in chicago for $499 (guy gave me a $100 discount cause it was $599 used). so it was practically a steal at that price. before that, i was considering the more expensive rega dac or maybe the musical fidelity m1.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #426 of 1,683

Quote:
Can you get in contact with PS?
I've sent e mails and left phone messages with no response. Is there a good extension to dial that will get you to a live person other than the gatekeeper receptionist?

Good news.
I was able to get in touch with them and got some questions answered.
Thing was sounding GREAT last night.
The MK II sounds like an awesome upgrade, but I can't swing that right now
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #427 of 1,683

Quote:

Good news.
I was able to get in touch with them and got some questions answered.
Thing was sounding GREAT last night.
The MK II sounds like an awesome upgrade, but I can't swing that right now
frown.gif

I totally heard you on this.  Save two hundreds upgrade now or pay full price and order next year.  I will come to a decision after Christmas.

Dec 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #428 of 1,683
That will be a quick decision. :)

If it is any consideration, all PS Audio upgrades I have installed have been gorgeously presented with excellent instructions.  Very easy and fun.

Plus, it is quite cool how the top of the PWD and PWT comes off.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #429 of 1,683
Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys and order the MkII upgrade kit. Maybe next time.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #430 of 1,683
Instead of upgrading, I decided to invest in getting and using two Apple Airport Expresses: one probably for an Ethernet bridge to the router, and the other for connecting to the PWD Bridge. For this idea, I give the credit to HeadphoneAddict.

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #431 of 1,683
I had originally tried connecting mine with a wireless ethernet access port. It worked ok, but the occasional drop out was enough to annoy me into hardwiring it to my router. Took some time & effort, but the wire & plugs were cheaper than the wireless gadget and I never get dropouts now.

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #432 of 1,683

Quote:
I had originally tried connecting mine with a wireless ethernet access port. It worked ok, but the occasional drop out was enough to annoy me into hardwiring it to my router. Took some time & effort, but the wire & plugs were cheaper than the wireless gadget and I never get dropouts now.

I wish I could use the hardwire connection but my DSL / router are on the 2nd floor while my PWD is in the basement listening room.  

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #433 of 1,683

Quote:
Instead of upgrading, I decided to invest in getting and using two Apple Airport Expresses: one probably for an Ethernet bridge to the router, and the other for connecting to the PWD Bridge. For this idea, I give the credit to HeadphoneAddict.

That is basically what I am doing with my two Squeezebozes. I have an Airport Extreme as my router in "N" then using two Airport Express as extenders. I connect the ethernet output of the Airport Express to the Squeezebox and then the digital output of the Squeezebox to my Digital Time Lens and from there to the PWD and Wadia 21 (in the other system). Before this I was going wireless with the Squeezebox with a lot of drop outs. None since the new configuration.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Dec 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #434 of 1,683
I ordered the upgrade to Mk II status today. Probably won't see the upgrade kit till late January, but I can rest easy, it's done.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #435 of 1,683

Quote:
I ordered the upgrade to Mk II status today. Probably won't see the upgrade kit till late January, but I can rest easy, it's done.

Congrats! The following is from PS Audio December 2011 Newsletter:

"December and January shipping allocations are sold out and the remaining kits will be shipped in February or March depending on how many more of you sign up.  Best you can do right now is February but those allocations are going fast."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back