Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Sep 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,606 of 2,804
Quote:
Mother of—

What? Huh? That's... just... awesome! How the heck did that even happen? Congrats XD

I put a bid expecting it to be too low.

Usually my iPod gives me an alert when I turn it on in the morning giving me my emails, alerts, messages but it was dead. Check my email and wonder... huh... doesn't say "Sorry you didn't win... blah blah". Wonder what it went for... Check my eBay account and it's under my Won section... Can't wait to get it.

Edit: I just realized in my original post I put "won". Should have clarified "won in an auction". Opps...

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #1,607 of 2,804
Quote:

I put a bid expecting it to be too low.

Usually my iPod gives me an alert when I turn it on in the morning giving me my emails, alerts, messages but it was dead. Check my email and wonder... huh... doesn't say "Sorry you didn't win... blah blah". Wonder what it went for... Check my eBay account and it's under my Won section... Can't wait to get it.

Edit: I just realized in my original post I put "won". Should have clarified "won in an auction". Opps...

Yeah, I was under the impression that it was a contest of some sort (also wondered why I hadn't heard of it, haha).

Still, regardless of how much you shelled out for the pen (which is, incidentally, how much?), you came out of that auction with an excellent bargain. I just hope the performance justifies the premium look of the pen, as well as the use of John Lennon's name :))

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #1,608 of 2,804
Just became attracted to the TWSBI Vac 700 - Clear, Fine nib, while shopping moments ago. As much as I'd like to get a second Pilot Falcon, I'd also like to eat 
tongue_smile.gif
 before the first of the month! At around $80 it looks enticing. Any current owners among us for feedback?

20101013-k52pxh9p47ybj3uhm5h2k4xtq6.preview.jpg

I just started shopping online for a replacement drive tube - something in the 12SN7 family - and in seconds my attention turned to fountain pens.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,609 of 2,804
This may seem ridiculous, but what what are some of your favorite non-fountain pen pens? I love a good Stabilo, or even a Pentel RSVP. Maybe it's a little "low class", but I've never really had the chance to try a goo fountain pen.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #1,610 of 2,804
Quote:
This may seem ridiculous, but what what are some of your favorite non-fountain pen pens? I love a good Stabilo, or even a Pentel RSVP. Maybe it's a little "low class", but I've never really had the chance to try a goo fountain pen.

Papermate Kilometric <- my everyday non-fountain pen 
biggrin.gif

I've got some favourite non-fountain pens from Parker and Sheaffer. Pilots are good too! The differences in performance between a high end Mont Blanc rollerball and a Parker Jotter with gel refill is almost nil so I guess ballpoint/rollerball classes are divided by their fancy looks and materials. Fountain pens is a different story.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #1,611 of 2,804
Just became attracted to the TWSBI Vac 700 - Clear, Fine nib, while shopping moments ago. As much as I'd like to get a second Pilot Falcon, I'd also like to eat :tongue_smile:  before the first of the month! At around $80 it looks enticing. Any current owners among us for feedback?

20101013-k52pxh9p47ybj3uhm5h2k4xtq6.preview.jpg

I just started shopping online for a replacement drive tube - something in the 12SN7 family - and in seconds my attention turned to fountain pens.

Love the way it looks and it may be my first pen purchase for 2013.

I really enjoyed my 540 but I think I would prefer the VAC more.

TWSBI makes a quality product there and I like how the nibs are German sized.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,613 of 2,804
^ I've read about low quality and cracked plastic on the Twsbi pens. How is the quality of your 540?

I think it was a problem with the older method they used to make the barrel. I haven't had any issues with mine... even if I did they have amazing customer support and would probably send me a new one if it cracked.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #1,615 of 2,804
I tried a Lamy Safari medium nib once and frankly was quite impressed with the smoothness. But however it feels more like a broad nib, can anyone vouch for this or is it just a lemon?

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #1,616 of 2,804
Fantastic finish!

Tonight, I wrapped up spending for the month of September...and what a finish. I got a second Pilot Falcon Metal Fountain pen, Soft Fine nib, Black body. Time now to compare Blue inks by Pilot...

PN60570-4T.jpg

Ideally, I'd like to stay mobile with the Black pen/Blue ink pairing for business reasons. And keep the Sapphire pen/Purple ink for writing personal notes, cards and letters. And because I can't afford to leave home and lose both, whichever I leave the house with, one shall remain behind.
popcorn.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #1,617 of 2,804
Quote:
I tried a Lamy Safari medium nib once and frankly was quite impressed with the smoothness. But however it feels more like a broad nib, can anyone vouch for this or is it just a lemon?

I can, they're w-i-d-e strokin'! I have the Lamy Safari Fine nib and it performs like a medium nib; wetter application. My next Lamy will be an Extra Fine nib and see where that gets me.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,618 of 2,804
Lamy Studio as a fall back pen, I had a fine nib but switched to the Left Hander nib.  It is pretty broad, think it's medium though.  The fountain pens at least make my writing a touch more legible.
redface.gif
 Left handers push all wrapped around funny instead of a nice fluid pull across the page.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,619 of 2,804
Quote:
Lamy Studio as a fall back pen, I had a fine nib but switched to the Left Hander nib.  It is pretty broad, think it's medium though.  The fountain pens at least make my writing a touch more legible.
redface.gif
 Left handers push all wrapped around funny instead of a nice fluid pull across the page.

Quote:

I can, they're w-i-d-e strokin'! I have the Lamy Safari Fine nib and it performs like a medium nib; wetter application. My next Lamy will be an Extra Fine nib and see where that gets me.

Thanks! It's an outstanding performer at ~$25 excl. converter. It looks horrendous though especially the clip which I'm not a fan of.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,620 of 2,804

Quote:
Fantastic finish!

Tonight, I wrapped up spending for the month of September...and what a finish. I got a second Pilot Falcon Metal Fountain pen, Soft Fine nib, Black body. Time now to compare Blue inks by Pilot...

PN60570-4T.jpg

Ideally, I'd like to stay mobile with the Black pen/Blue ink pairing for business reasons. And keep the Sapphire pen/Purple ink for writing personal notes, cards and letters. And because I can't afford to leave home and lose both, whichever I leave the house with, one shall remain behind.
popcorn.gif

Oooow! The Soft Extra-Fine Falcon makes me sooo unsure about buying new headphones
ph34r.gif

(BTW I have a  Pilot VP 18k M nib if someone would need one, I want an EF)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back