PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #4,983 of 9,120
Pff cherry green, I like browns, and I bottom out like every time even on my browns. I'd be psised to gert al inear switch that doesnt ahve any resistance to it though as of lately I do find that my space bar when I type is missing a few times, but taht could be my as I type faster but im dmn sloppy and my spelling is crap 

but meh who cares, I like mah browns and as a guy who's smashed like 12 keyboards playing rts games and Sonic... I like how TOUGH my Zowie board is.

IF Zowie makes a cherry green or red or blue board I might try it, but for the time being I prefer my browns. And I do a lot of action gaming, but competitive I'm not

also LAWL at LoL I work with some guys who play that, tee hee they are interesting dudes. 
I have Browns in my plank, and I wih I got some Blues.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #4,984 of 9,120
I bought my sapphire dual x 7970 a few years ago for $370 new and now they're going used on eBay for $390-$410

I almost want to sell it and redo the suspension on my car and then just get some cheap media gpu since BF4 blows so bad I don't really game anymore.  Plus I already have like $100 worth of dogecoins.... Hopefully the value goes up because it was worth a whole lot more when everyone else cashed in.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #4,987 of 9,120
 Aren't you 15?

Me? I'll be 18 in 20 days.  Yep.  Cars tend to need new suspension when they get to be almost 40 years and bottom out every time you go over a bump with more than 2 and 1/2 people.  4th gen nova if you were wondering.  
biggrin.gif

Computers, audio and classic cars aren't at all cheap hobbies which is too bad.

On a related note, my hash rate used to be 740-760 and now it's dropped to 540-600 over the past few days. My temps and clocks are still all the same. 1.1GHz core at 1.11v and 1825MHz mem. The ambient temps have gone up a little but the card still stays 79-84

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #4,989 of 9,120
  Pff cherry green, I like browns, and I bottom out like every time even on my browns. I'd be psised to gert al inear switch that doesnt ahve any resistance to it though as of lately I do find that my space bar when I type is missing a few times, but taht could be my as I type faster but im dmn sloppy and my spelling is crap 

but meh who cares, I like mah browns and as a guy who's smashed like 12 keyboards playing rts games and Sonic... I like how TOUGH my Zowie board is.

IF Zowie makes a cherry green or red or blue board I might try it, but for the time being I prefer my browns. And I do a lot of action gaming, but competitive I'm not

also LAWL at LoL I work with some guys who play that, tee hee they are interesting dudes. 

Actuation force on MX Browns is a uncomfortable to me. MX Blue feels fine, but MX Brown/Red (45cN) feels a bit too light for me (which is why I want MX Clears. 80cN of MX Greens and MX Black is too high for me to be able to use for long periods of time).

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #4,990 of 9,120
Ok so I am looking into some kind of backup solution as I have always been in the bad habit of not backing anything up. Ever. But now I have had the same install of windows for ~3 years and have about 8+ years of data and I am at the point where I would flip my schiit if I lost a drive.

I have two options that I would like to persue. They are both overkill but PC stuff is a hobby for me and I just want to try new things.

1) a 6-bay NAS. This would cost over $1.2k with 6 3TB drives in RAID 10 for 9TB of backup. I would like to play around with NAS stuff, but I don't really think I'd use that fuctionality much in my day-to-day life, so the return on investment seems low to me.

2) a 4-bay external RAID enclosure. This would cost about $700, but I would of course lose the fun things you can do with the NAS like torrenting, web acccess to media, etc.

then there's 3) I can just build the HTPC that I have wanted to build, and put a crap ton of storage in it and make it a HTPC/backup box/ quasi NAS if I wanted to dual boot FreeNAS on it or something. Downsides to this are that the HTPC would have to be in a big case to hold lots of HDDs, louder, higher power consumption. This would cost like $900 or so.

Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions would be appreciated!

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #4,991 of 9,120
Ok so I am looking into some kind of backup solution as I have always been in the bad habit of not backing anything up. Ever. But now I have had the same install of windows for ~3 years and have about 8+ years of data and I am at the point where I would flip my schiit if I lost a drive.

I have two options that I would like to persue. They are both overkill but PC stuff is a hobby for me and I just want to try new things.

1) a 6-bay NAS. This would cost over $1.2k with 6 3TB drives in RAID 10 for 9TB of backup. I would like to play around with NAS stuff, but I don't really think I'd use that fuctionality much in my day-to-day life, so the return on investment seems low to me.

2) a 4-bay external RAID enclosure. This would cost about $700, but I would of course lose the fun things you can do with the NAS like torrenting, web acccess to media, etc.

then there's 3) I can just build the HTPC that I have wanted to build, and put a crap ton of storage in it and make it a HTPC/backup box/ quasi NAS if I wanted to dual boot FreeNAS on it or something. Downsides to this are that the HTPC would have to be in a big case to hold lots of HDDs, louder, higher power consumption. This would cost like $900 or so.

Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions would be appreciated!
An 8GB flash drive. Boom.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #4,993 of 9,120

An 8GB flash drive. Boom.

Lol I don't think i could fit all of my photos on an 8GB flash drive, let alone the music and movies.

He has the right idea.

If you have any valuable data, you need multiple off-site backups, a $1.2k NAS is worthless in the event of fire/theft/etc.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #4,994 of 9,120

Recent update to my semi-portable PC laptop rig setup since the last time i posted here and i must say there has been many changes.

In photo:
Asus G73JH laptop

Compaq Q1859 crt monitor (it was left from my damaged home family computer)

SteelSeries Sensei [RAW]

SteelSeries QcK mousepad }i just seem so really into Steelseries, i love the simple design style they choose.

Steelseries Siberia V2 gaming headset

Sennheiser HD558 (for audio purposes, used to use for gaming..)

[not in photo]:
TF2 Heavy action figure
Gradolabs Sr80i
Plastic banana hangers for my cans to hang out.
first part of my desktop background, i have a portal style background with one half of the guy entering blue portal, and the other half of the guy exiting the yellow portal.
Dota2 2013 hero poster(above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back