PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #4,966 of 9,120
  Pretty much. 

Believe it or not, these so called next gen consoles (PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/One) is killing the gaming industry, while greedy companies such as EA and Activision earn a lot of revenue from console sales, they're dumbing down games for the already dumbed down generation (no offense to those born after 1995).

The new generation is wired very differently!  Consumption has to be on demand, no patience or restraint.  This is reflected even in video games.  The satisfaction of winning is very easy and repetitive.  Sure older generations have bent a little from the advancements of internet and technology, but they are not affected nearly as much as those grown up on the tech.

If you want a more open mind, start reading books.  Instead of searching every word on google, try using a dictionary.  Memorize your phone numbers!  When you provide yourself with this restraint you mature differently.  No offense, but growing tired of the 'younger' generation :wink:

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #4,967 of 9,120
  The new generation is wired very differently!  Consumption has to be on demand, no patience or restraint.  This is reflected even in video games.  The satisfaction of winning is very easy and repetitive.  Sure older generations have bent a little from the advancements of internet and technology, but they are not affected nearly as much as those grown up on the tech.

If you want a more open mind, start reading books.  Instead of searching every word on google, try using a dictionary.  Memorize your phone numbers!  When you provide yourself with this restraint you mature differently.  No offense, but growing tired of the 'younger' generation :wink:

I can't agree more lol I remember before cellphones were an everyday necessity I actually had people's numbers memorized!  I really can't imagine what I'd do when I have to drive somewhere new if I didn't have the gps on my phone.  I remember my parents used to write directions down on paper oh man I'm part of this dumbed down generation for sure.  Don't even get me started on dictionaries, and trying to do math without a calculator. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #4,968 of 9,120
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/4357556781.html

Lmao "This is a beast with audio!" it doesn't come with ram and the only thing that qualifies it for audio is two "promo" versions of software that isn't even licensed.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #4,970 of 9,120
Is there any difference between the Noctua D14 and the Phanteks PH-TC14PE? All the Phanteks I've seen seem like Noctua rebrands.

Possibly a direct copy off the D14 but there are tradeoffs between the two.

D14, better cooling, quiet, good quality and sturdy and has silent pwm fans.

TC14PE, a notch slight behind the D14 in cooling performance but close, not as good quality (the metal fins are quite flexible which on D14 is tough as nails), different colour options.

D14 run cooler by a hair but almost inaudible.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130-17.html

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #4,971 of 9,120
Possibly a direct copy off the D14 but there are tradeoffs between the two.

D14, better cooling, quiet, good quality and sturdy and has silent pwm fans.

TC14PE, a notch slight behind the D14 in cooling performance but close, not as good quality (the metal fins are quite flexible which on D14 is tough as nails), different colour options.

D14 run cooler by a hair but almost inaudible.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130-17.html
But I have to say, the black version is pretty sexy.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #4,972 of 9,120
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ncage/hnbmfljfohghaepamnfokgggaejlmfol?hl=en

^one of the best chrome extensions ever made.  If a friend leaves you alone with his computer you need to install this.  It replaces all images with ones of Nicholas Cage, if you didn't figure that out yet.  

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #4,973 of 9,120
  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ncage/hnbmfljfohghaepamnfokgggaejlmfol?hl=en

^one of the best chrome extensions ever made.  If a friend leaves you alone with his computer you need to install this.  It replaces all images with ones of Nicholas Cage, if you didn't figure that out yet.  

This is..AMAZING!
I was trying to find more ways to incorporate Nicholas Cage into my life, and this is perfect!! 

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #4,976 of 9,120

Best comment on Reddit:
 Razer MX Green, now with 163% more marketing!

And that there already IS an MX Green. Lol

But they did make some minor changes to it...which make it a slightly modified green switch that may be comparoble to other low activation switches offered already.

Watching that video..... I'm pretty sure Razer is notorious for schiitty QC.

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,977 of 9,120

Best comment on Reddit:

And that there already IS an MX Green. Lol

But they did make some minor changes to it...which make it a slightly modified green switch that may be comparoble to other low activation switches offered already.

Watching that video..... I'm pretty sure Razer is notorious for schiitty QC.

Good God, why is 'competitive' gaming and mining so popular now??  League of Legends is NOT competitive, Battlefield is not competitive, Star Craft is not competitive, none of these games are competitive!

A truly competitive online game will be broken down further into more ladders, so that any player will be able to CLIMB to the top. E.g, international>continent>nation>regional>clan>team>player. The format for today's games is terrible.

1- Awful communities full of immature children and trolls.
2- Select few sponsored by Razer/etc that actually 'compete'
3- 'Prize pools' are generated by the hype that sponsored gamers *cough* slave whores *cough* create, and the money spent by players who are gullible enough to fall for stupid schiit.
4- Always under the illusion that you are closer to being 'pro'  I am pro, but I am not pro, that was pro :SSSSS
5- Eventually you figure out that 'pro' players are not 'pro', you spent a lot of money for no reason, and you question why you wasted so much time playing a video game.  What is pro??
6- Profit?

'Competitive' gaming is just a marketing ploy, and an easy way to throw kids and wallets alike under a bus.  Have to be a sheep to actually believe that there is a point in competitive gaming :wink:

I want a R9 290x, so I had to throw in mining haha

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4,978 of 9,120
Pff cherry green, I like browns, and I bottom out like every time even on my browns. I'd be psised to gert al inear switch that doesnt ahve any resistance to it though as of lately I do find that my space bar when I type is missing a few times, but taht could be my as I type faster but im dmn sloppy and my spelling is crap 

but meh who cares, I like mah browns and as a guy who's smashed like 12 keyboards playing rts games and Sonic... I like how TOUGH my Zowie board is.

IF Zowie makes a cherry green or red or blue board I might try it, but for the time being I prefer my browns. And I do a lot of action gaming, but competitive I'm not

also LAWL at LoL I work with some guys who play that, tee hee they are interesting dudes. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #4,979 of 9,120

What is pro??

The pro was some company made money hence helping the economy.

The con was that you are now broke and no one even knows your real name.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back