PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4,998 of 9,120
I'm not THAT paranoid.

I think for important things like photos, off site backups are a really good idea, and all you really have to buy is a couple of external hard drives, get them whenever they go on sale. :D:D

Good to have some little cashflow comming in by leaving my computer on:)

Nice!

I like to think of it as free computer upgrades. 
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #4,999 of 9,120

I think for important things like photos, off site backups are a really good idea, and all you really have to buy is a couple of external hard drives, get them whenever they go on sale. :D:D

Nice!

tongue.gif

I think of it as free video games and food :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1zwlno/help_get_dogecoin_more_exposure_than_ever_before/

Dogecoin going to the moon? Marketing dude for Frito Lay, one of the world's largest potato chip and snack food makers is interested in doge

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #5,000 of 9,120

I'm not THAT paranoid.

Nice!

tongue.gif

Best way to backup photos and videos is on hardcopies.  (Film, etc)
No digital medium has been tested to preserve your data for centuries!

Make quality prints of your important family photos and vacuum seal them.  Put them in a photo book with some sort of UV protection, or store them out of the light.
People who actually care about backing up will have several different copies in different formats :wink:

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #5,004 of 9,120
  I'm lucky I sold so much Doge right before Halving

The current numbers are making me sad.

10,000 doge for $8.7USD?

I did about 10,000 doge for $20 USD before the halving. 

Yup I'm stuck with 70k of them.  I hope it'll go up significantly in like a year and I'll remember I have them.  Then again I think it'll be completely irrelevant in a year.  Who knows.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #5,005 of 9,120

Any reason I should mine with a 6850?  lol

Any reason not to? It's still money, just not a lot right now, but Doge is #2 now I believe so there is a good chance that it will go back up. Historical records just show right now being a low out of everything.

Yup I'm stuck with 70k of them.  I hope it'll go up significantly in like a year and I'll remember I have them.  Then again I think it'll be completely irrelevant in a year.  Who knows.

I have 55k lol

I hope they go up as well, so I can sell them :D

If it ever hits the .002xx Doge to USD again, (at .0008xx right now) I will sell 3/4+ of my Doge. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #5,006 of 9,120

Gonna get back into War Thunder

Just checked out the Graphics settings. Dayum.

Gonna do a crossfire, and OC my cards to post R9 270x levels. That'll show WT whose boss.

Played 3 matches

as I forgot it all from when I last played it a year ago. 

But hey, got top 4 every round :)

The only confusing thing is the slight logistics on what to do sometimes, and also the technolgoy research. Too used to WoT. Easy enough to tell what is premium paid currency and what isn't, but how to research and mount stuff, and how tell is a bit confusing.

Same with when I'm in battle and it tells me to leave the plane. Yeah, I can do it from the start menu, but the same thing happens as if when I don't. And then there is the whole landing, landing gears, ammo reload, etc stuff -_- and other schiit like that

I looked up 3-4 guides. Couldn't be arsed to read them, and don't wanna play the tutorials. Nor read the controls or modify them.

-_____-

Basically, I'm lazy and want all the knowledge to magically appear before me without any effort. 

Yep 

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #5,007 of 9,120
Well I'm not in a house with internet any more so no online gamine for me, but thaknkfully before I got kicked out of my old house, I installed my 7870, got the latest drivers in it

I maxed it out at 1200mhz Clock and 1250 Memory, I can't push my the card any higher, due to some limit on the PCI it seems, can't go byound 1.250 v :/ and atm it pulls about 1.23-245 

Non the less... the 7870 is kinda tiny compared to my old 6950... which is good seeing as the 7870 is actually about 35% faster, [at least in my late night stress tests and benchmarks]

The 6950 had 
1408 SPUs, 88 Texture Address Units1408 SPUs, 88 Texture Address Units
the 7870 has 
1280 SPUs along with 80 Texture Address Units

my 6950 clocked out at a max of 820mhz core with 1250 memory [mine did not have unlokced shaders ]
where as my 7870 can run at 1200 mhz core and 1250 memory, so that's like what... 46% increase in core clock, which is showing a very nice overall performance improvement! Sadly though the only time I need this is when I'm playing some of the bigger online games, I might have a few offline Steam Games that can handle the extra stree, but I really need to see if I can finally emulate Wii games re-render in 1080p, my 6950 would max out around 22fps :/

Based purely off numbers I should be able to get at least 32 fps, I'll have to see how the Direct X interface differs between the two cards, and tweak my Dolphin settings a little as well, still though I'm going to OC my CPU here soon as well going to try and push it up to 4.1 - 4.2. I was getting about 65c Load temps during Intel Burn test last night, clocked in at 3.8ghz. Hoping the jump to 4.2 won't push me byound 80c as Wii Re Rendering emulation maxes out both my CPU and my GPU :/ 

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #5,008 of 9,120
Eh, haven't touched War Thunder in a couple of months. I usually start off with any country but Britain and Japan when getting back used to the game (and I never play Russia so...). Britain and Japan require more...delicate tactics, unless you're using a Typhoon.

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5,009 of 9,120
  Eh, haven't touched War Thunder in a couple of months. I usually start off with any country but Britain and Japan when getting back used to the game (and I never play Russia so...). Britain and Japan require more...delicate tactics, unless you're using a Typhoon.

I'm still on bi-planes 
tongue.gif

Doing quite well, but the tech/research system is a bit of a learning curve from WoT. Mainly due to how many elements of Wot that Gaijing used...but then completely changed to do something else. That's the thing that is ****** with me hard. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #5,010 of 9,120
So a family member ordered some cheapo 32gb flash drive for $12 on ebay.  It was advertised as 32gb and shows up in windows as a 32gb partition but I copied a 4gb file to it and then attempt to copy an 8 gb file and it says "file is too large for destination file system"  Is china REALLY doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back