PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #631 of 9,120
Strong want
http://www.tactustechnology.com/index.html

"What if buttons could morph out of the surface of your device? Tactus Technology has developed a new tactile user interface for touchscreen devices that does exactly that. Tactus provides a new dimension to touchscreens by enabling real, physical buttons that rise up from the surface on demand, and then recede back into the screen, leaving a perfectly flat, transparent surface when gone."

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #632 of 9,120
Quote:
Strong want
http://www.tactustechnology.com/index.html

"What if buttons could morph out of the surface of your device? Tactus Technology has developed a new tactile user interface for touchscreen devices that does exactly that. Tactus provides a new dimension to touchscreens by enabling real, physical buttons that rise up from the surface on demand, and then recede back into the screen, leaving a perfectly flat, transparent surface when gone."

That is amazing.....

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #634 of 9,120
Quote:
Just for giggles, I put SWTOR on again. It can be a pretty nice looking game, for an MMO.

Kind of drives me nuts how limited the F2P account is. There are a lot of little things just stack and stack and stack that annoy me to no end. I get that they want people to buy subscriptions, and buy cartel coins, but as it is now it feel less like they're pushing you to buy stuff, and more like they don't want you to play it at all.

Not sure if I'm going to invest a lot of time into it...

SWTOR can get very annoying when you're trying to craft anything. I have three characters just so I can craft my own gear. Crafting is also pointless without sub since you can't gather the materials needed for crafting with only one skill. The quest system is great though. Reading thousands of words and then killing 5000 chickens was never really my thing.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #635 of 9,120
Originally Posted by Parall3l /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SWTOR can get very annoying when you're trying to craft anything. I have three characters just so I can craft my own gear. Crafting is also pointless without sub since you can't gather the materials needed for crafting with only one skill. The quest system is great though. Reading thousands of words and then killing 5000 chickens was never really my thing.

I liked the leveling up experience for the first 20 levels or so.

Then I skipped all the cutscenes all the way till max level. 
size]

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #636 of 9,120
Quote:

I'm scared to trying SWOTOR. I'm worried it'll ruin my fond memories of KOTOR, which was the first game I ever released a mod for(and was quite popular, as Bastilla Shan hotpants mods tend to be.)

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #638 of 9,120
That needs to be reality now. 
I remember there was a demo about it a while ago... I think at some phone show in Japan maybe...

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #640 of 9,120
Quote:
Just for giggles, I put SWTOR on again. It can be a pretty nice looking game, for an MMO.

Kind of drives me nuts how limited the F2P account is. There are a lot of little things just stack and stack and stack that annoy me to no end. I get that they want people to buy subscriptions, and buy cartel coins, but as it is now it feel less like they're pushing you to buy stuff, and more like they don't want you to play it at all.

Not sure if I'm going to invest a lot of time into it...

Pub side...ishigidigi. We should play togather mang. Yah I need to post those shots I took.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #642 of 9,120
I'm enjoying this and all, but it just kills me to think I'm getting 20% less experience than people with subscriptions. You'd think at the very least preferred accounts would get 100% XP, but no resting bonus. At least I get more than 2 characters across all servers, unlike the free-to-go-*****-yourself account...

EDIT: Haha, oh wow, even my censored swear was censored.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #643 of 9,120
Quote:
I'm enjoying this and all, but it just kills me to think I'm getting 20% less experience than people with subscriptions. You'd think at the very least preferred accounts would get 100% XP, but no resting bonus. At least I get more than 2 characters across all servers, unlike the free-to-go-*****-yourself account...

EDIT: Haha, oh wow, even my censored swear was censored.

80%? I thought it's just the rest bonus. The game is utterly unplayable without sub if you ask me. Quick travel is increased from 30 minute wait to 2 hour wait, many good items are unusable, if you die you don't get a med-probe and the list goes on.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #644 of 9,120
Yeah, oodles and oodles of little things too, like the inability to disable your helmet, can't show a title, can't show a last name, some quest rewards are blocked off, limited crafting, etc, etc, etc.

It's starting to get a little old seeing the little "buy stuff to get the full experience" icon everywhere.
mad.gif

EDIT: More screens.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #645 of 9,120
Quote:
Yeah, oodles and oodles of little things too, like the inability to disable your helmet, can't show a title, can't show a last name, some quest rewards are blocked off, limited crafting, etc, etc, etc.

It's starting to get a little old seeing the little "buy stuff to get the full experience" icon everywhere.
mad.gif

EDIT: More screens.

You can disable those ugly helmets? Sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back