PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #5,703 of 9,120
And in other news today.

Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs 'ok' performing titles that are half baked. Many are having problems with Watch Dogs performance, and lets not even talk about Wolfensteins issues which may even be worse (as it is more of an extreme of either uber playable or not for many).

Hope for new drivers soon.

Also, the verdict on Wolfenstein is that 95% of its graphical settings make no difference
http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/page/blog/_/features/port-reports/pc-report-wolfenstein-the-new-order-r141

Or at the very least, not enough at all to warrant huge FPS drops.

May 29, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #5,705 of 9,120

I am indeed a member of the glorious PC master race. I use the term PC in the generic, as I'm an avid OS X user. :wink: I'll own my first PC in a few years when I put the gaming rig together.

I've always been under the impression that if you don't have mid/high end hardware or you bought a pre assembled pc then you're mustard race - not master race.

May 29, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #5,706 of 9,120
  I've always been under the impression that if you don't have mid/high end hardware or you bought a pre assembled pc then you're mustard race - not master race.

Pretty sure that kind of rule wouldn't apply to laptops, which I use. And mine hasn't been stock since it was delivered. First thing I did was open it up and replace/upgrade several internals. Mine would fall under mid-tier I guess. I got the highest end MBP I could that wasn't a retina so I could open it up and perform my own upgrades.

May 29, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #5,707 of 9,120
Do you guys think I could SLI 2xGTX760s with my EVGA SuperNova 650G? I know I have enough wattage, but what about the rails/amps? I know I should've been looking this over when I bought it, as some guy answered it on Tom's Hardware and said yes, but I need to make sure. Thanks guys.

May 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #5,708 of 9,120
Do you guys think I could SLI 2xGTX760s with my EVGA SuperNova 650G? I know I have enough wattage, but what about the rails/amps? I know I should've been looking this over when I bought it, as some guy answered it on Tom's Hardware and said yes, but I need to make sure. Thanks guys.

http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards
30A minimum HOWEVER, the card itself will draw approx 12-14A on max draw. Most are saying this in the forums yes.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-review-gk104,3542-22.html
http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Watt_to_Amp_Calculator.htm

The SuperNova 650G has four 12V rails (through the 4 modular PCIE plugs) @ 20A's each. This should be enough.

150W at 12V with 13A per card. Puts you in the ok.

The PSU looks 'ok'. Should be able to handle it dependong on what else you have in the system. If you have some uber fans, lighting, fan controller, and some 125W CPU....then...hmm

May 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,709 of 9,120
http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards
30A minimum HOWEVER, the card itself will draw approx 12-14A on max draw. Most are saying this in the forums yes.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-review-gk104,3542-22.html
http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Watt_to_Amp_Calculator.htm

The SuperNova 650G has four 12V rails (through the 4 modular PCIE plugs) @ 20A's each. This should be enough.

150W at 12V with 13A per card. Puts you in the ok.

The PSU looks 'ok'. Should be able to handle it dependong on what else you have in the system. If you have some uber fans, lighting, fan controller, and some 125W CPU....then...hmm
Probably something along the lines of an H60, a i5-4430, and maybe 5 fans, possibly a LED strip.

May 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #5,710 of 9,120
Probably something along the lines of an H60, a i5-4430, and maybe 5 fans, possibly a LED strip.

Should be ok....unless the PSU is schiit that is. I don't have time to look up that information. But do note, that at max power draw, you are nearing 85+% load. Not a problem for a quality PSU. But again...note that every PSU gets less efficent as 'time' goes on etc etc.

May 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #5,711 of 9,120
ive got a very basic question to ask, and idk where to ask so i post it here, hope its the right thread for it.

when i use PC for listening to music, if i plug it in direct, is there a difference between plugging in the headphone to the front case jack and to the motherboard jack on the back directly...?

which one is the more recommended method...?

cheers...

May 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #5,712 of 9,120
  ive got a very basic question to ask, and idk where to ask so i post it here, hope its the right thread for it.

when i use PC for listening to music, if i plug it in direct, is there a difference between plugging in the headphone to the front case jack and to the motherboard jack on the back directly...?

cheers...

The cable that leads to the front on your case to the front panel might end up with some extra interference so back if you don't want to take a chance with that extra little bit of interference.

May 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #5,713 of 9,120

cheers...

They're probably going to be about the same.  I guess there is more chance for interference with the front jack rather than the one on the back straight out of the motherboard but either way results will be about the same - I doubt you'll hear a difference.

EDIT:  Oh wow be both said "MOAR INTERFERENCE!!"  Which I think is pretty negligible and goofy when we're talking about on board audio.  I laugh at all of these new mobos coming out with "gold capacitors" and a pretty little led lit pcb cut out so you get les vibrations etc.  I think a lot of companies are pushing it way too hard.

May 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #5,715 of 9,120
  The cable that leads to the front on your case to the front panel might end up with some extra interference so back if you don't want to take a chance with that extra little bit of interference.

They're probably going to be about the same.  I guess there is more chance for interference with the front jack rather than the one on the back straight out of the motherboard but either way results will be about the same - I doubt you'll hear a difference.

EDIT:  Oh wow be both said "MOAR INTERFERENCE!!"  Which I think is pretty negligible and goofy when we're talking about on board audio.  I laugh at all of these new mobos coming out with "gold capacitors" and a pretty little led lit pcb cut out so you get les vibrations etc.  I think a lot of companies are pushing it way too hard.

when you plug in on your own PC... can you hear a difference...?
i only have grado sr60 with me now... and i... cant hear a difference with the front and the back...
im getting a new shure headphone though, and im wondering abt it...

since my pc is pretty new as well. first pc :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back