Pathos Acoustics Aurium - listening impressions
Nov 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #76 of 114
Do Pathos sell this, or is it a special paint-job model only for shows ?
Pathos Aurium.jpeg

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #78 of 114
Do you guys think the Aurium competes with the Woo Audio WA6-SE which costs approximately the same?

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #79 of 114
HI Everyone,
I am new to the "Aurium Club" :)
Just got my amp (used) a couple of weeks ago.

I love the sound, especially with Audeze LCD X (2021), however I do have a marginal issue : there is a static noise, very high frequency, which is audible when the amp is still cold. After about 30 minutes of warm up, the noise will disappear.
I am hearing this with different PSU and Tube sets (Elettro Harmonix or Gold Lion), so I guess it is the amp itself.
Anyone had a similar issue? I read about noises on this thread, but none of them disappearing with warm up...

Pathos Stack.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #81 of 114
Thanks @Steve Wilcox
Lucky enough, next Monday I will visit the Pathos factory on my way back home and will have my amp inspected there.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #82 of 114
Danke @Steve Wilcox
Glücklicherweise werde ich nächsten Montag auf dem Weg nach Hause die Pathos-Fabrik besuchen und dort meinen Verstärker überprüfen lassen.
Hi there,

I just became aware of your post.

I am looking for a headphone amplifier.

This will be my first headphone amp!

My favorites are the Violectric DHA 226 and the Pathos Aurium.

Have you ever compared the Pathos Aurium to a Violectric?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #83 of 114
Hi there,

I just became aware of your post.

I am looking for a headphone amplifier.

This will be my first headphone amp!

My favorites are the Violectric DHA 226 and the Pathos Aurium.

Have you ever compared the Pathos Aurium to a Violectric?
Hi there
Yes, I have the 2 amps and I have compared the 2. Pls keep in mind that I have the VIolectric DHA-380, which may sound different from 226

First of all, you are looking at DHA226 which is a DAC/AMP, hence you should evaluate the DAC that will go with the Aurium.

In my comparison, I connected the Aurium to the analog output of my Violectric, eg. using the same DAC.

long story short, I still prefer the Violectric at this stage, it has a cleaner bass and a bit more detail than the Aurium.
On the other hand, the Pathos has a slightly rounded bass and a warmer sound signature which is magical with some headphones
As an example, I find the Pathos to be a better partner for Audeze LCD-X, while I prefer the Violectric with ZMF Eikon.

On top of that, take a look at the features too...Pathos has no output for Balanced headphones, but it has lots of inputs so you can use it for multiple sources, including balanced connections.
THe Violectric 226 offers 4.4 and XLR outs for HEadphones but only has 1 RCA out and 2 RCA ins + digital (USB Only)

What headphones will you use with the amp? I think that will be a decision factor...

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #84 of 114
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

I find the Beyerdynamic T1 3rd generation interesting.
I haven't heard the headphones yet because I want to buy a headphone amplifier first.

I use a SACD player (with built-in DAC) and a turntable.
But a DAC is not that important to me.

My style of music is metal and rock.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #85 of 114
Hi there,

Thank you for your help!

I find the Beyerdynamic T1 3rd generation interesting.
I haven't heard the headphones yet because I want to buy a headphone amplifier first.

I use a SACD player (with built-in DAC) and a turntable.
But a DAC is not that important to me.

My style of music is metal and rock.
I had the t1.3 and did not like that... it has a darker sound signature compared to other Beyerdynamics. I found them lacking details and punch, they had a lot of bass but mids were recessed.
I liste nt metal and rock as well, and I like to get punch and detail, which is what I get from Focal Clear. I found them far better than T1.3 and they pair well with both Pathos and Violectric.

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #86 of 114
Lucky enough, next Monday I will visit the Pathos factory on my way back home and will have my amp inspected there.
So, this morning I visited the Pathos factory, got my amp inspected and the issue fixed in one hour.
Cost? ZERO.
Despite my amp being from 2016, they applied the warranty.
I am back home now and glad to hear that the noise is gone.

I am thankful to Pathos, they have been very professional.

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #88 of 114
So, this morning I visited the Pathos factory, got my amp inspected and the issue fixed in one hour.
Cost? ZERO.
Despite my amp being from 2016, they applied the warranty.
I am back home now and glad to hear that the noise is gone.

I am thankful to Pathos, they have been very professional.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I just bought an used Aurium and, apparently, I’ve the same static noise issue you mentioned in your post. Do you know what is the problem and what they did to fix it?

May 15, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #90 of 114
Thanks for sharing your experience. I just bought an used Aurium and, apparently, I’ve the same static noise issue you mentioned in your post. Do you know what is the problem and what they did to fix it?
I sent my Aurium to Pathos and they fixed the background noise issue in a couple of days. Now it is like new. Good service from Pathos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back