Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Dec 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #691 of 920
Hmm I never have this problem with the vocal and more or less the mids, these IEMS annoy me from time to time. Their overall usability sucks balls I think new tips need to purchased to get some comfront out of them.

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #692 of 920

Quote:
Hmm I never have this problem with the vocal and more or less the mids, these IEMS annoy me from time to time. Their overall usability sucks balls I think new tips need to purchased to get some comfront out of them.

I haven't tried the stock tips, but I agree..  They would be fine without the raised section on the back side.  I'm back and forth between 2 flange M9 and M11 tips that I got from suggestions in this thread..  The stiffer M11 tips seem to work better for me, the M9 Balanced are so soft that after a few minutes I feel them move and it loses seal.

I did find that as some folks have suggested, wearing them over the ear, has helped, and they stay in great that way..  Just not used to it at all, my last headphones were J wires and were light and never fell out.. 

But overall, I'm loving the warmth of the sound..  I went back and forth between these and my previous Sennheiser CX300's and the CX300's have a really hollow sound compared.  I think these will end my quest to find good IEM's, assuming I continue to adjust to their wear and comfort.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #693 of 920
anyone know where I can find a spare cable (HJE900 or Sleek Audio) shipped to India for these, as the stock one is completely flawed for me?

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #696 of 920

thanks, gonna place an order soon. The rupee is doing quite strong against the dollar these days..so might have them shipped for about Rs 1800. :)
Quote:
I got them directly from the Sleek Audio Store: http://store.sleek-audio.com/replaceable-cable.html. $15 shipping to India.

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #697 of 920

I haven't tried the stock tips, but I agree..  They would be fine without the raised section on the back side.  I'm back and forth between 2 flange M9 and M11 tips that I got from suggestions in this thread..  The stiffer M11 tips seem to work better for me, the M9 Balanced are so soft that after a few minutes I feel them move and it loses seal.

I did find that as some folks have suggested, wearing them over the ear, has helped, and they stay in great that way..  Just not used to it at all, my last headphones were J wires and were light and never fell out.. 

But overall, I'm loving the warmth of the sound..  I went back and forth between these and my previous Sennheiser CX300's and the CX300's have a really hollow sound compared.  I think these will end my quest to find good IEM's, assuming I continue to adjust to their wear and comfort.

I'm probably the only one who got from the very beginning great fit with medium stock tips. Moreover in my case they give me the best SQ. I tried my HJEs with a bunch of different Denon and UE tips I have laying around and would always return back to the stock tips.

Just out of curiosity I've got M11+ tips and frankly was disappointed. I agree that Meelec elongated single flanges balance the sound somewhat but to me they rob HJE of their punchy charm and slightly shrink and flatten soundstage. I failed to acieve good isolation with double and triple flanges. I think Panasonic actually put some thought into their tips so they provide good synergy and compromise. Btw, I always wear IEMs over the ear and HJEs stay very secure and there's no microphonics.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #699 of 920
Guys, James444 gave me some advice when I was trying to get a fit for my orto's. Turns out it works very well for the pana's! I snipped the stems of my M9 balanced tips just a bit, now I've got the best seal on the CZ's that I have had to date, sibilance is drastically reduced (I tried one my notoriously sibilant songs) and the fit is nice and snug. Give this a try if you have extra tips of a certainn size lying around. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #702 of 920

If you mean the 11 piece set the standard bi flange would be the closest to the balanced tips, the size the shape are the same but I think the material is different, so it should provide the same level of fit and comfort
Quote:
Do M11+ have same balanced tips and if so which ones are these?

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #704 of 920

These were my favorite phones until I got TF10 from amazon deal. Now I hardly use hje900 any more. I'm considering selling it.

Can you please give more detail on how they stack against each other sound wise and what makes tf10 that much better? I'm also interested in tf10 but afraid based on reviews they are too laid back and smooth with mids even more distant than hje. I tried W2 but promptly came back to hje since Westones sounded too anemic and polite while technically being probably better.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #705 of 920
For metalheads using this with a J3, the following eq gave me a metal eargasm, crunchy thick wall of guitar sound! I used the larger of the two triple flange tips from my moms MMD set. Sibilance?? NONE!

105 Hz - Wide - 5
385Hz - Wide - 2
1.1 kHz - Wide - 6
1.8kHZ - Wide - 2
11.7 kHz - Wide - 1 

BBE - 8
Mach Bass - off
3D surround - 1
Mp Enhance - off
Stereo Enhance - 3
Reverb - off

Enjoy and suggest improvements!!!