OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

stinkypinky12

New Head-Fier
Hello.  I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener.  I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke.  I am now in need of new headphones.  I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter.  I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range.  I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented.  I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's  Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00.  Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it.  Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 18
online search is looking like around 100 bucks.  now i have some more to think about.  I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out.  I'm going in blind on this one.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 18
What on earth is the "AGK-M50"?? :blink:

Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
What on earth is the "AGK-M50"??
blink.gif

Ehehe. Some combination of AKG and ATH-M50 :)

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 18
Creative is a Singapore company and CAL! is selling $110 here. I wonder why is CAL! half the price elsewhere...this is sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back