OVER THE EAR HEADPHONES......Please Help Me
Nov 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

stephtmb

New Head-Fier
I know NOTHING about headphones and hope that someone on this site may be able to help me. I have a 16 year old daughter that asked for "Beats" for Christmas, I am a single mother and $300 is $$$$ to put out for headphones....especially after reading the reviews She listens to music on her Iphone and she will do homework on her laptop while in the car with me commuting to and from practice (an hour each way) Noise cancelling is just as important as sound.....I dont want to jump on the "Beats bandwagon" just because every teenager out there is buying them.  I am wanting over the ear headphones that are durable, (remember she is 16) noise cancelling, quality sound and that will last for years....I dont care about color or the name....
ANY HELP or ADVICE would be greatly appreciated

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 17
The V-Moda M80 will be on sale on Amazon.com in about 11 hours or so. If it's anywhere in the low $100s, it will be a great buy. Looks stylish, comfortable, decent isolation (although not noise-cancelling), and most importantly, very good sound quality.

Of course, there are lots of other options as well, but just letting you know since the entire black friday/cyber monday deals are coming to a close.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 17
it doesn't really matter about active noise canceling technology. afterall the beats active noise cancelling (battery powered) is quite frankly rubbish, it doesn't work.
generally their normal counterparts do not isolate as well but they provide better sound quality for the money compared to the active noise cancelling counterparts (you have to pay for the noise cancelling technology too)
if you want really good noise cancelling though, then bose is the best option. i think this article might help you here 

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 17
double post, sorry.

Another: Soundmagic HP100

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 17
Thank you for your reply, I am willing to spend up to $300 - but would like the best noise control and sound combined for that amount as well as durable high quality product....my daughter is 16 and like every other teenager out there...they are name brand junkies.......BEATS BEATS BEATS and unfortunately for her I am not. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #10 of 17
@ Streetdragon

Thank you for your reply, I am willing to spend up to $300 - but would like the best noise control and sound combined for that amount as well as durable high quality product....my daughter is 16 and like every other teenager out there...they are name brand junkies.......BEATS BEATS BEATS and unfortunately for her I am not.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #11 of 17
The Ultimate Ears 6000 is probably your best bet for noise cancelling, style and sound. $200 from the Apple US store, probably less if you shop around. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:
The Ultimate Ears 6000 is probably your best bet for noise cancelling, style and sound. $200 from the Apple US store, probably less if you shop around. 

Thank you..someone else had recommended these but I wasnt sure what UE stood for - I of course had to Google it...I will shop around for sales and also read additional reviews about this productr - Thank you for replying

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #15 of 17
Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones would definitely be the one you are looking for. 
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back