Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Sep 11, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #1,036 of 1,284
Sorry about not responding sooner.
I understand the problem now.
I am not aware of a way to do that with Audacity.
Basically you would need to use audio software that supports playback of a video while also recording the output from Out Of Your Head. DAW software can simultaneously play and record.
Again, I think you would need to setup a DAW in a film scoring configuration where a video is playing and the audio is recording from the same software.
Off hand I am not aware of anything that does that specifically, but I assume most DAW software can do it.
-Darin

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,038 of 1,284
@darinf, any progress with Mojave?
Unfortunately, the short answer is no. My programmer has been out for a while due to family issues. I am currently trying to figure out an alternative. Sorry!

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,040 of 1,284
I am not receiving reply to email request about license migration to a different machine. Is darin still online?

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,041 of 1,284
I am not receiving reply to email request about license migration to a different machine. Is darin still online?

Not sure, but that seems unlike him. I sent him an email about the same thing about 6 months ago and I think he responded within an hour.

Oct 15, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,042 of 1,284
It happened to me also a few times that license was not working anymore, because i had modified hardware on my computer (changing HDD for example) or also for some unexplained reason (some software update probably) and Darin was always very quick to answer.

Oct 15, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,043 of 1,284
HI @arnaud ,
So sorry! I did not see your email until I saw this post. It was in my SPAM folder for some reason.
I will take care of it right away!
Generally if you don't hear from me within 24 hours, then please email again. I usually try to respond within an hour unless I am travelling or have some other event.

Thanks,
-Darin

Oct 15, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,044 of 1,284
FYI, everyone.
I am sorry to saw that while we have been working on macOS Mojave compatibility for a long time, we still do not have a solution for Mojave.
Currently Out Of Your Head will install, but there is a problem with our virtual audio device driver and cannot get sound to pass through to the Out Of Your Head engine.

So, if you can help it, please don't update to Mojave or Out Of Your Head will stop working.

If you already have upgraded to Mojave, then I will post again when we have a fixed version.

Sorry about that, but we are working on a solution.

Thanks,
-Darin

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,046 of 1,284
This looks to be interesting.
I wonder if it can get the same effect as OOYH
https://www.sxfi.com/tech/

Unless i missed something, it doesn't seem to use measurements of loudspeakers. The ear mapping is interesting though compared to wavesnx and isones head measurments. Creative typicslly doesnt allow standalone use of their software youd have to buy their soundcard, unless i missed something again with cmss3d or sbx =p

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,047 of 1,284
Unless i missed something, it doesn't seem to use measurements of loudspeakers. The ear mapping is interesting though compared to wavesnx and isones head measurments. Creative typicslly doesnt allow standalone use of their software youd have to buy their soundcard, unless i missed something again with cmss3d or sbx =p

Super x-fi has generated quite a lot of buzz in the audio consumer market. It's just starting to gain some interest at headfi.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/creative-super-x-fi-headphone-holography.869663/

I have one on reserve when it hits the US market. Right now it is only available in Singapore.

My understanding is that it can function as software only with saved music files (i.e., no streaming). However, you need to have a physical unit to "unlock" the software, and the processing is less complex without the dedicated hardware chip.

I know they are looking into broader integration and licensing. I think without this it will always be a mass consumer product rather than an actual audiophile solution. I'm really optimistic about the approach and, from everything I've read, I think they've cracked it. If you're limited to their DAC/amp though it will have severely compromised sound quality.

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,048 of 1,284
Super x-fi has generated quite a lot of buzz in the audio consumer market. It's just starting to gain some interest at headfi.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/creative-super-x-fi-headphone-holography.869663/

I have one on reserve when it hits the US market. Right now it is only available in Singapore.

My understanding is that it can function as software only with saved music files (i.e., no streaming). However, you need to have a physical unit to "unlock" the software, and the processing is less complex without the dedicated hardware chip.

I know they are looking into broader integration and licensing. I think without this it will always be a mass consumer product rather than an actual audiophile solution. I'm really optimistic about the approach and, from everything I've read, I think they've cracked it. If you're limited to their DAC/amp though it will have severely compromised sound quality.

I see, thanks, I read around a bit and saw that they did some demos with in ear mics, but couldn't find more information if thats going to be an end user feature or was just for the demos. That's something I'd like to try, I think I remember reading in this thread that Darin can input the measurements into a custom preset for you but I wouldn't even know where to start to get that done without a realiser.

Great that the market for virtual surround keeps expanding though, just seems like OOYH is still gonna be my choice for some time, which is totally fine ;]

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,050 of 1,284
FYI, everyone.
I am sorry to saw that while we have been working on macOS Mojave compatibility for a long time, we still do not have a solution for Mojave.
Currently Out Of Your Head will install, but there is a problem with our virtual audio device driver and cannot get sound to pass through to the Out Of Your Head engine.

So, if you can help it, please don't update to Mojave or Out Of Your Head will stop working.

If you already have upgraded to Mojave, then I will post again when we have a fixed version.

Sorry about that, but we are working on a solution.

Thanks,
-Darin
Any more news on the Mojave issue, Darin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back