1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by project86, Nov 7, 2013.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last
  1. Zenvota
    No, I think I should've caveated that statement with "except the realizer", but I have tried many software solutions, creative, dolby, razer, ircam, wave, etc.

I recently upgraded my own hardware though and ooyh has never sounded better. Went from o2 odac to audio gd nfb7, 1amp, and uptone regen. Now the different presets render crystal clear.

I think thats actually a plus over the realizer(being able to use various dacs/amps) and if you're able to get a measurement taken Darin can make you a custom preset

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. Zenvota
    @darinf have you thought about offering an additional product with atmos/dts:x decoding? Or do we see Windows adding all those height channels and lav being able to decode in the future?

3. Takeanidea
    I have used OOYH for a few years. Because it's using the realizer as it's front end and it doesn't have head tracking it can never be technically as good as that from which even a custom preset is used. From a practical point of view I have tried the Realiser in it's prototype A16 format. There is no contest between the 2. The hardware version from which the software has been created wins hands down. People intending to get the ultimate (up til now) need to at least be aware there are potentially better products out there than OOYH for surround simulation. The Realiser can be connected to an external dac and amp by the way

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. Fox1977
    I've been using also OOYH for 3 years and it's working quite ok. Yet, it will be replaced by the Realiser A16 (when it's at last finished) for which i had a 7.1.4 PRIR measured. Since the preset i use with OOYH was not measured with my own head, the result is obviously much less accurate than what i could hear with the A16. It's possible to have a Realiser A8 custom PRIR converted for OOYH by it's a very expensive procedure (150$, the price of the license for the software !). Maybe it requires a lot of work to convert it...

5. Takeanidea
    Exactly the same case for me . When Darin gets an A16 he will be able to do a custom PRIR. We will have an exchange website with Smyth and that is likely to be free......

6. Zenvota
    heh, very cool, it's very exciting how advanced headphone surround is getting. and again remember my original comment was not referring to the realizer at all, but to products in a similar price range ;] I'd think those aware of this program, and with the money for a realizer, are aware of the realizer being that this thread's only tag is the realizer... in fact I'm pretty sure I found out about ooyh from reading about the realizer

that I didn't realize, that's good XD also the realizer has outs for tactile transducers correct? do you know if this is a crossover or does it split/duplicate the signal? I'm currently just using the emotiva xbal splitters out of my dac to an eq/crossover/amp for shakers, since I still want the sub80hz information coming through the headphones as well.

7. Takeanidea
    Hiya, I never tried the A16 with a sub but this just produces the lower bass and is a duplicate of what you'll hear through your headphones, I didn't need the subwoofer effect for my ears to be fooled . In fact I found the bass better through the headphones and I don't even understand how that could be possible...........
    Anyways, we're derailing the OOYH thread - there's clearly plenty of people here enjoying it

8. Richter Di
    Yes, but in a good way. Connecting to our shared interest in the A16.
    BTW, it is funny how strongly the effect of the OOYH in my case is dependent on the headphone I use. Today I tried my sons Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm (which I had traded for my Sennheiser 630 VB, since he needed a headset). It was the most believable OOYH presentation ever with a preset I had not bought so far (Sonus Faber). So interesting.

Takeanidea likes this.
  9. Takeanidea
    My AKG K1000s are completely open and deliver a slightly better reproduction than my others. Some presets are more accurate than others because of the place in which they were made and the success of the people in setting up their measurements and subsequently sharing that preset for sharing purposes

10. donunus
    I never got an email when I clicked the link

11. darinf
    Hi @donunus , I am not sure what link you are referring to. Are you referring to our free trial download?
    In order to download the free trial, just go to our website:
    https://fongaudio.com/out-of-your-head-trial-download/
    Then you click on the link for either the Windows or Mac version at the bottom of the page.
    Then you have to "checkout" with your email address. (There is no charge or payment information required.).
    After you checkout, you should immediately receive and email to the email address you entered with your unique download link to download the Out Of Your Head installer.
    (You might also want to check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within a few minutes. Our sever sends the email out right away.)
    Please note that the download link expires in 24 hours.
    If you do find that the download link has expired, just repeat the trial download process again to receive a new download link in your email.

Or let me know if you were talking about some other link.

Thanks,
    -Darin

12. donunus
    Thanks, I’ll try again

13. ratboi
    Just wondering if there is a preferred email address. is info@fongaudio.com good? sent in the new uuid a short while ago is all. looking forward to listening with Genelec Recording Studio again...

TIA!!

14. darinf
    Hi @ratboi ,
    Yes, that's the right e-mail, but I never got an email from you. (I don't think. I am not sure what your e-mail address is though.)
    Please email me again so we can get you sorted out.

Thanks,
    -Darin

15. ratboi
    ok, sent without forwarding, maybe that helped. you've caught it, thanks much! now for a little Peter Gabriel live...

EDIT...
    yesssss!!! :astonished:

The slightly better processor made a difference, but still getting a blpz noise with a cpu usage peak to max, can force it with alt-tabs and other such things. PDVD 16 is a bit of a load on an old AMD quad core. Guess we'll be putting in the FX-8350 when it comes mid-week, and I'll be sending the new UUID.

Climbing up on Solsbury Hill...:)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last