Ortofon e-Q7 Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #301 of 760
I just got a pair of Hot Red e-Q7s....
biggrin.gif

Listening now to some Antoine Dufour through my Sony S639 and P-51 Mustang amp...........Just incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far... Rock to acoustic guitar sounds wonderful,. I did finally did settle on Sony Hybrids for the tips to use with the e-Q7s.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #302 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of Hot Red e-Q7s....
biggrin.gif

Listening now to some Antoine Dufour through my Sony S639 and P-51 Mustang amp...........Just incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! Congrats. My Black arrived today. I've been listening with my Little Dot DAC_II, USB from laptop and 6G iPod LO to SR-71A. I've been skimming around many genres and saw you mention Antoine Dufour so I tried a couple tracks fromNaissance...good stuff.

I've only listened for 2 hours so far and have not compared to any other IEM yet. I need more time with these. They do have a unique sound that's for shure. I like them...a lot.

IMG_3193.jpg

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #303 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! Congrats. My Black arrived today. I've been listening with my Little Dot DAC_II, USB from laptop and 6G iPod LO to SR-71A. I've been skimming around many genres and saw you mention Antoine Dufour so I tried a couple tracks fromNaissance...good stuff.

I've only listened for 2 hours so far and have not compared to any other IEM yet. I need more time with these. They do have a unique sound that's for shure. I like them...a lot.

IMG_3193.jpg

Heh, that picture just emphasizes the ugliness that is the Ortofon e-Q7.

And...you know you're a true Head-Fi'er when you spell "sure" as "shure"
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #304 of 760
nice GreatDane
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you will enjoy these and I do want to hear your thoughts on them along with the PFE since certain members here have said its like a refined PFE

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #305 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, that picture just emphasizes the ugliness that is the Ortofon e-Q7.

And...you know you're a true Head-Fi'er when you spell "sure" as "shure"
jecklinsmile.gif

lol, I didn't do that on purpose...didn't notice. I don't usually allow any misspellings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice GreatDane
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you will enjoy these and I do want to hear your thoughts on them along with the PFE since certain members here have said its like a refined PFE

I plan to do that comparison. The PFE is probably the closest thing I have to the Orto.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #306 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMG_3193.jpg

Nice picture! that gray tip really goes well with the black body!

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #308 of 760
Quote:

They're not ugly....simple but not ugly..
biggrin.gif

x2

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #309 of 760
I'm getting a pair, still question how comfy and stuck out they will look... We will see soon I guess.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #310 of 760
OK, I have received my beautiful (check out that box! I would gladly give my left nut to be that elegant and sophisticated) E-Q7s today, about an hour ago in fact. Listening has been limited due to being at work, and typing likewise by having to post this from my BlackBerry, so I'll keep it brief for now. I'll have time and space to give a more thorough report over the weekend hopefully.

But for now let me add the following thoughts to the mix of this thread:

1) Jesus these Ortofons sound forking incredible! Completely kick the CK10s into the dust. Then spit on their pleading head. And the CK's are pretty mean themselves, know what I'm saying?

Without a doubt these are the best iems I have heard in my pathetic 38 years on the planet. Twenty seven thumbs up.

2) I'm a bit confused by all the reports of fit issues and those who say you have to be able to insert the 'barrel' of the earpiece deep into the ear canal to get proper sound. Pardon my french, but that sounds suspiciously bollocks to me. If you look at the instruction manual that comes with them, Ortofon give you a nice little diagram (its in the Japanese section, but not the english for some reason) showing that the silicon tip should sit just inside the entrance to the canal, thus sealing it off. Works for me, using the large stock tips, especially if I insert them then twist the stocks so the cable is facing upwards as if wearing over ear. The sound is absolutely pristine and deep and rich and the bass is plentiful this way.

Besides, given that the barrels of the earpieces are a fat 9mm in diameter and the average human ear canal is only 7mm (according to the wizard of wiki anyway), I can't see how the intention would be to cram the whole bloody thing into your ear until it hits your brain. Given that some of these will be bought by the Sue Tribe (aka Americans), I can't see Ortofon being either that stupid or that evil. But then maybe they just have a really dark sense of humour, I dunno.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #313 of 760
Quote:

They're not ugly....simple but not ugly..
biggrin.gif

x3. Especially red colour version!

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #314 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I have received my beautiful (check out that box! I would gladly give my left nut to be that elegant and sophisticated) E-Q7s today, about an hour ago in fact. Listening has been limited due to being at work, and typing likewise by having to post this from my BlackBerry, so I'll keep it brief for now. I'll have time and space to give a more thorough report over the weekend hopefully.

But for now let me add the following thoughts to the mix of this thread:

1) Jesus these Ortofons sound forking incredible! Completely kick the CK10s into the dust. Then spit on their pleading head. And the CK's are pretty mean themselves, know what I'm saying?

Without a doubt these are the best iems I have heard in my pathetic 38 years on the planet. Twenty seven thumbs up.

2) I'm a bit confused by all the reports of fit issues and those who say you have to be able to insert the 'barrel' of the earpiece deep into the ear canal to get proper sound. Pardon my french, but that sounds suspiciously bollocks to me. If you look at the instruction manual that comes with them, Ortofon give you a nice little diagram (its in the Japanese section, but not the english for some reason) showing that the silicon tip should sit just inside the entrance to the canal, thus sealing it off. Works for me, using the large stock tips, especially if I insert them then twist the stocks so the cable is facing upwards as if wearing over ear. The sound is absolutely pristine and deep and rich and the bass is plentiful this way.

Besides, given that the barrels of the earpieces are a fat 9mm in diameter and the average human ear canal is only 7mm (according to the wizard of wiki anyway), I can't see how the intention would be to cram the whole bloody thing into your ear until it hits your brain. Given that some of these will be bought by the Sue Tribe (aka Americans), I can't see Ortofon being either that stupid or that evil. But then maybe they just have a really dark sense of humour, I dunno.

@Bennyboy Huh, I wouldn't have said they are better than the CK10s. If fact, I was surprised by how evenly matched they were--the CK10s taking the treble prize and the ortos having lovely liquid mids. The CK10s did okay on a BA-sounding bass, the ortos have more, neither compares with dynamic driver iems for me. The CK10s have a great cord and disappear inside the ear and the ortos...don't. They are both pretty darn good iems, definitely same tier for me, of course, it's all subjective.

Also: The sue tribe? Because we have lawsuits? The Sue Native American tribe? A woman you met named Sue? A Boy Named Sue?

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #315 of 760
I'll stick take my CK10 over the e-Q7 :p I am also able to put the housing around 60% in so that works for me and I don't use the stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back