Ortofon e-Q7 Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #136 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I was expecting the package today...From Japan on Monday to my house on Wednesday is pretty insane shipping.

I got the silver one and its very nice and shiny
smily_headphones1.gif
It also looks like I was worried for nothing. They aren't as big as I thought they would be so fits fine for me.

What a coincidence! Same exact thing happened to me today, and it is also silver! What I got looks different though.
confused.gif
wink.gif

Love to hear your impressions of the Ortofon e-Q7 rawrster.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #137 of 760
Quote:

I was going to get black but it was a bit more expensive and I'm not really one to care much about colors so no point in getting black :p Red however is too racy for me :p I decided to pick the shiniest one so that obviously is the best one.

Black is the darkest, coolest/most laid back and most forgiving, silver is the brightest, sharpest, clearest and most revealing while the red one has the sexiest frequency response curves and is the fastest.
biggrin.gif
I got the red.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #138 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a coincidence! Same exact thing happened to me today, and it is also silver! What I got looks different though.
confused.gif
wink.gif

Love to hear your impressions of the Ortofon e-Q7 rawrster.

looks different and silver! obviously not the e-Q7 but something mysterious and different!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black is the darkest, coolest/most laid back and most forgiving, silver is the brightest, sharpest, clearest and most revealing while the red one has the sexiest frequency response curves and is the fastest.
biggrin.gif
I got the red.

im not sure about that. i agree about black being dark however. red is probably extremely sibilant and fatiguing. so silver is the natural choice lol. in all honesty the silver ones i got do look nice. will go thru the various thread about this iem to figure out what the best possible tips may be and then see if i can see any first impressions by the weekend. won't have much time past that to test these out in the next couple weeks sadly

However I think I got spoiled by the CK10 cable. I'm not really impressed with it esp from the y split and down..definitely going to need a clip to manage that. A chin slider would be nice but I have phonak ear guides from when I used the RE0 if needed.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #140 of 760
oh just out of curiosity but do the other e-Q7 owners find that these definitely need a clip? Trying to find out cheap online seems pretty difficult to do as cheapest I've found was 2 for 10 bucks which is pretty costly for a little piece of plastic :p

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #141 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if I've missed it but have there been any good pics of the red? I'm leaning towards red...but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #142 of 760
Quote:

Originally Posted by yello131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-

Thanks. I love how the stitching matches
tongue_smile.gif

Black would seem...so normal. Silver would look slick but I'm thinking why not go for some color. I'm just having second thoughts about parting with this much cash. When I read these impressions I get itchy to jump.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #143 of 760
yeah i know what you mean. $300ish is not a small sum..well for me at least so it took me a while to go ahead and buy them :p However I figured if I really didn't like them I can go ahead and sell them here close to the price of what I bought them for. It seems as I stay here longer the price of stuff goes up and not the other way around :p

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #144 of 760
the thing about these things is, you should make sure you don't want anything else afterwards. if you're going to go for it, GO FOR IT, then make sure you never need to upgrade for several years/ever again. I honestly thought about buying the ortofons, but the $300 price tag put me off, as well as the fact that i like to sleep on my side.. and now i'm so happy with my ck10 purchase. they're probably in my ears more than out of them the hours i'm awake.

if you do go for them, get the red ones. don't be part of the pack
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #145 of 760
well that depends really. I can live off the CK10 alone which I did for a while and be happy. However I do want different sound signatures and if half a day's use is any indication of a general sound signature it definitely is different than the CK10. I do plan on buying another set for using when I'm on my bed with my netbook tho but that's more budget oriented (PL30 or PL50). I might get something in a couple months depending on certain reviews if I do intend for these to be a keeper which I'll find out in the next month or so.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #146 of 760
Quote:

oh just out of curiosity but do the other e-Q7 owners find that these definitely need a clip? Trying to find out cheap online seems pretty difficult to do as cheapest I've found was 2 for 10 bucks which is pretty costly for a little piece of plastic :p

They do need a clip if you want to get rid of the microphonics.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #147 of 760
I don't get microphonics really. It's just the management of the cable from the y split and down.

I'll probably end up getting the 2 ER6i clips for 10 bucks shipped unless I can find it cheaper at radio shack or somewhere else.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #148 of 760
out of curiosity, how far down the cable is the v split? one of the things that irked me about the S4s was that the v started at basically the half way point (exaggerating a little) but it was still annoying as crap when leaning over the edge of a table and then sitting up, it'd always catch. the ck10s have it in a reasonable spot where the odds of it catching is very little.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #149 of 760
I put it away to get some burn in so can't give a definite answer until the morning. From the housing to the split (going off memory) is pretty similar in length comparing the CK10 and the e-Q7. They are both pretty manageable and I definitely did not have it catch over the edge of the table today. I'll give a better answer in the morning if I remember to do so.

edit: this is why i love ebay. I finally found one that wasn't a ridiculous price. $5 shipped for 5 of them is a good price. I'm gonna buy them and hopefully I'll get it in around 2 weeks and they are being shipped from hong kong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back