Ortho and Sound stage?
Jul 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
i never understand this search for a realistic soundstage, headphones or speakers.  I'm mean for the soundstage of an orchestra to sound realistic it would actually have to be the size of a real orchestra!  I have heard realistic soundstages on top of the line Wilson audio speakers for jazz ensembles and such but a realistic soundstage for ann orchestra? 

Wilson ? Apogee and Audio Research amp let you see the music, period. Martin Logan cannot come close.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 19

[size=medium]
I speak of the Wilson Whamms with which I am familiar with. All Krell electronics.   In the past tens years Martin Logan seems to have become more of a home theater company.  I'd love to hear the Martin Logan CLX art series with an added 2 respectable woofers.  I've never liked thier hybrid speakers.  Large Apogee ribbons with top of the line Audio Research amps, thats a grin for sure. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

[/size]

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:

[size=medium]
I speak of the Wilson Whamms with which I am familiar with. All Krell electronics.   In the past tens years Martin Logan seems to have become more of a home theater company.  I'd love to hear the Martin Logan CLX art series with an added 2 respectable woofers.  I've never liked thier hybrid speakers.  Large Apogee ribbons with top of the line Audio Research amps, thats a grin for sure. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

[/size]

+1. ML has no longer differentiate themselves from the norm. It's sad but it is what it is, they need to survive by going to H/T direction.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:

+1. ML has no longer differentiate themselves from the norm. It's sad but it is what it is, they need to survive by going to H/T direction.

I was sorry to see that they went away from larger panels like the CLS II's.  To me that was a full electrostatic sound albeit with two quality subwoofers. But those wider panels really exemplified the Martin Logan sound.  But then they went hybrid and tried so hard to make every speaker have a cone and the panels width began to diminish and along with it the magic.  

I'd love to hear the Magenepan MG20.1s . I have a real weakness for planars.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back