Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #7,834 of 8,019
Anyone using Ibasso 320max ti with trailli?
What gain setting are you using and what volume?
Gain 2 and volume of 9 o’clock for more spacious stage, Gain 3 and 1-2 steps less in case I want a more energetic and sharp sound.

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #7,835 of 8,019
IMG_3724.jpg

Lovebirds!

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #7,837 of 8,019
Could you advice good tips for Traillii (best something that availible in europe)?
The original tips are good tho. AZLA SednaEarfit Short as well as the Alza SE1500(from Ve Phonix ltd, Azla iems) are good alternatives as well. Sedna would help with enlarging the soundstage but dim the presence a little bit. The SE1500 would smaller the soundstage but provide fuller and closer voice performance.

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #7,838 of 8,019
+1 on the stock ear tips. And I've tried so many different tips. Stock is still the best at natural yet detailed sound I can hear with my old ears. Listening right now to some jazz with the Orphy and DMP. Fantastic!

DMP-Z1.jpg

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #7,839 of 8,019
+1 on the stock ear tips. And I've tried so many different tips. Stock is still the best at natural yet detailed sound I can hear with my old ears. Listening right now to some jazz with the Orphy and DMP. Fantastic!

DMP-Z1.jpg
Awesome combo! the iem i really want to hear again absolutely nothing than the bird, i missed the musicality of it since i sold 2 years ago. especially want to hear the combo orphy+bird.

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #7,840 of 8,019
In China Jaben Oriolus also created new series grey tips while launching Oriolus Percivali Pro, and they would sell seperatly in the future. The Oriolus IEM buyers in China would get a set or a pair for free.

wx.jpg

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #7,841 of 8,019
What a cool bird do you have there, @yaps66 . These colour/material combination is really stunning. I love it !!
Hey @gryphonos! Thanks for the vote of approval! I'd like to think that the combination adds to the enjoyment of how these sound! :L3000: :L3000:

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #7,842 of 8,019
Cross post from the Cooler, I think it's quite relevant here. Ti is simply stunning.

Had an awesome time this weekend with my bud @ulverr, met up with all kinds of toys to try between us. We had the Traillii Ti and JP, both with an Orpheus so we could do a very thorough AB (Apples to Apples) test. I'd like to share a few of my impressions while they're still fresh.

IMG_2708.jpeg

Traillii Ti - Traillii JP After a lot of back and forth, keeping both Birds armed with an Orpheus, using same tips, with LP6 Ti AE and P6 Pro HK Edition - my initial feelings and impressions are confirmed. The Ti is absolutely a Traillii, very very much so, retaining all the emotion and character of the JP, simply enhancing the whole spectrum. More resolution, more space between layers, more clarity without sacrificing musicality. The bass quantity of both, all things being equal, are essentially identical. Neither of us heard any difference in bass volume, but the bass quality, punch, reach, rumble and texture are quite noticeably better on the Ti. Mids on the Ti are more forward and staged bigger, with more definition, weight and clarity. Transients on Ti are faster, but still smooth. The treble of Ti is more even from upper mids to highest treble, perhaps could be called a smidge brighter, but to me it's more like there is no longer a lower treble dip, or the extra sparkle like I hear in the JP. It's all a bit more open and clear, more revealing but linear, and therefore doesn't sound like there is either a dip or a spike. We both felt like the Ti almost sounds more analog simply as it comes across as more linear, and less shining a flashlight on one particular part of the treble, dip or peak. Stage is just as massive as the original, but i hear more depth away from me, the extra cleanliness seems to give more room for spatial awareness and positioning.

Bottom line for me is, this is an upgrade to the Legend JP in all ways. I hear no loss of what made the JP the Legend it is, all that emotion, musicality and gorgeous timbre, it's all there. But the JP is also still phenomenal. But if you wish your Bird had punchier/deeper/faster bass, more forward mids negating the ultra spaced out/distant original, and a more linear treble while not being bright or harsh, the Ti is hard to ignore. If you prefer a softer and smoother sound, slower softer bass and more distant mids (I know there is some that do) don't bother with the Ti and save yourself a lot of cash. I for one think the Ti is worth the money, which is very strong statement. I won't go on waxing poetic here, but it's really that good.

Also worth mentioning, the Traillii Ti stock cable is amazingly good. Orilous W89. It looks very similar to the stock JP cable, but that's about it for similarities. Instead of the usual copper this is a silver/gold plated silver cable, and it's very detailed and vast with a bit more of an energetic vibe. Fast bass, slightly less quantity, but very punchy. Then nylon wrap is super soft and velvety too, feels really nice in the hand or wearing. This is the first stock cable I am really considering to use with it's intended partner, it's very very good. I probably prefer it with the Orpheus, but not sure yet, still making up my mind 😄

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #7,843 of 8,019
Thanks for the write up!
Cross post from the Cooler, I think it's quite relevant here. Ti is simply stunning.

Had an awesome time this weekend with my bud @ulverr, met up with all kinds of toys to try between us. We had the Traillii Ti and JP, both with an Orpheus so we could do a very thorough AB (Apples to Apples) test. I'd like to share a few of my impressions while they're still fresh.

IMG_2708.jpeg

Traillii Ti - Traillii JP After a lot of back and forth, keeping both Birds armed with an Orpheus, using same tips, with LP6 Ti AE and P6 Pro HK Edition - my initial feelings and impressions are confirmed. The Ti is absolutely a Traillii, very very much so, retaining all the emotion and character of the JP, simply enhancing the whole spectrum. More resolution, more space between layers, more clarity without sacrificing musicality. The bass quantity of both, all things being equal, are essentially identical. Neither of us heard any difference in bass volume, but the bass quality, punch, reach, rumble and texture are quite noticeably better on the Ti. Mids on the Ti are more forward and staged bigger, with more definition, weight and clarity. Transients on Ti are faster, but still smooth. The treble of Ti is more even from upper mids to highest treble, perhaps could be called a smidge brighter, but to me it's more like there is no longer a lower treble dip, or the extra sparkle like I hear in the JP. It's all a bit more open and clear, more revealing but linear, and therefore doesn't sound like there is either a dip or a spike. We both felt like the Ti almost sounds more analog simply as it comes across as more linear, and less shining a flashlight on one particular part of the treble, dip or peak. Stage is just as massive as the original, but i hear more depth away from me, the extra cleanliness seems to give more room for spatial awareness and positioning.

Bottom line for me is, this is an upgrade to the Legend JP in all ways. I hear no loss of what made the JP the Legend it is, all that emotion, musicality and gorgeous timbre, it's all there. But the JP is also still phenomenal. But if you wish your Bird had punchier/deeper/faster bass, more forward mids negating the ultra spaced out/distant original, and a more linear treble while not being bright or harsh, the Ti is hard to ignore. If you prefer a softer and smoother sound, slower softer bass and more distant mids (I know there is some that do) don't bother with the Ti and save yourself a lot of cash. I for one think the Ti is worth the money, which is very strong statement. I won't go on waxing poetic here, but it's really that good.

Also worth mentioning, the Traillii Ti stock cable is amazingly good. Orilous W89. It looks very similar to the stock JP cable, but that's about it for similarities. Instead of the usual copper this is a silver/gold plated silver cable, and it's very detailed and vast with a bit more of an energetic vibe. Fast bass, slightly less quantity, but very punchy. Then nylon wrap is super soft and velvety too, feels really nice in the hand or wearing. This is the first stock cable I am really considering to use with it's intended partner, it's very very good. I probably prefer it with the Orpheus, but not sure yet, still making up my mind 😄

It sounds like Ti would be a great complimentary pair hahaa

Really not sure I want to give up on the butterly smooth laid back Traillii presentation... very excited to try them one day though

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #7,844 of 8,019

IMG_2708.jpeg

Do you know if they sell the new Trailli cable separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back