Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Feb 8, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #7,816 of 8,027
Could you advice good tips for Traillii (best something that availible in europe)?
For me, one of the best was the original, as well as inexpensive BGVP with a wide channel. Narrow-core tips usually only make the high frequencies worse. A long time ago, I wrote a big post in this topic about the selection of tips. But it was so long ago that I can't even find it anymore.

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #7,817 of 8,027
My Trailli JP got exactly the right amount of bass. I am no basshead but even a little bit more would still be good. Less, not so much imho.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #7,818 of 8,027
For me, one of the best was the original, as well as inexpensive BGVP with a wide channel. Narrow-core tips usually only make the high frequencies worse. A long time ago, I wrote a big post in this topic about the selection of tips. But it was so long ago that I can't even find it anymore.
Thanks I search for it. Only good fit for me, been the large silicon tips. Which are slgithly too large, therefor I would like to get something bit smaller. I dont get any seal m-sized tips.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #7,819 of 8,027
I heard the same negativity when the original Traillii was released. This thread has these reviews at the beginning. People just say it's bad because it's expensive.
Now that I've made the comparison, such comments only make me laugh. I had almost 4 years of Traillii Jp and let it go just for the Ti. Of course, this doesn't mean anything except that it's the perfect upgrade for me. But I never went for the mainstream cable selection that tried to make the Jp even smoother, add more weight, etc., as FT does, for example.
Preferences always play a role. For some people, any sound that does not work in their usual taste coordinates will be bad. And of course, for some people, quality is determined by the amount of bass, and so on. And since Ti has less of it, it automatically makes them worse.
Perhaps their positioning says that it should be "just a limited edition version of the JP with minor changes". But this is not the case at all.
Are you saying the TI produces less bass than the original?

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #7,821 of 8,027
Are you saying the TI produces less bass than the original?
Yes, that's exactly what I said. There is noticeably less bass and noticeably more treble. A more neutral sound. This is not something you can get from Jp by selecting a cable. At the same time, the quality is much better. This is especially noticeable at high frequencies.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #7,822 of 8,027
Yes, that's exactly what I said. There is noticeably less bass and noticeably more treble. A more neutral sound. This is not something you can get from Jp by selecting a cable. At the same time, the quality is much better. This is especially noticeable at high frequencies.
Sounds a bit like Jewel to me ;D

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #7,823 of 8,027
The best tips for my ears are the Azla SednaEarFitLight Short tips. They have a large bore to allow for maximum bass and do not go deep inside your ear canal.
I’ve just ordered some of those based on your comment. I’m currently using the ordinary Lights, but I’m looking forward to trying the shorts.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #7,824 of 8,027
Can you describe the characteristics of the Centurion? There's no cable quite like it.

I am no expert and I strive for the abilities to describe sound like @Tokpakorlo or @twister6 some day, so consider this an amateur's opinion.

The orphy shield opens up the treble, which makes it sound more transparent. But on some demo tracks, especially female vocals it can be a bit bright at times. The centurion on the other hand highlights the mids, which is the trailli's strength but gives enough in the low end and of course reduces the treble. For me, I found the mids to be more lush on the centurion and is my preferred cable right now. I am using the baroque eartips and will try some others to see how it changes with the 3 cables.

In order of preference...

Centurion > Shiro > Orphy

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #7,825 of 8,027
I am no expert and I strive for the abilities to describe sound like @Tokpakorlo or @twister6 some day, so consider this an amateur's opinion.

The orphy shield opens up the treble, which makes it sound more transparent. But on some demo tracks, especially female vocals it can be a bit bright at times. The centurion on the other hand highlights the mids, which is the trailli's strength but gives enough in the low end and of course reduces the treble. For me, I found the mids to be more lush on the centurion and is my preferred cable right now. I am using the baroque eartips and will try some others to see how it changes with the 3 cables.

In order of preference...

Centurion > Shiro > Orphy
I have never heard the Orphy make the Traillii too bright vs other cables. For me it smooths the treble while still keeping all the detail. I am more of an Orphy > Centurion person. Both great though. I heard some folks complain that their Centurion discolored. Do you have that issue with it? Tks.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #7,826 of 8,027
I have never heard the Orphy make the Traillii too bright vs other cables. For me it smooths the treble while still keeping all the detail. I am more of an Orphy > Centurion person. Both great though. I heard some folks complain that their Centurion discolored. Do you have that issue with it? Tks.
Just goes to show everyone's hearing and preference is so different. When i heard that TI is brighter and less bass it is definitely not my preference and ultimately decided not to get it. Btw, i also got the impression from many people that orphy would bring smoother treble with fuller low end. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #7,827 of 8,027
Actually I am really enjoying the balanced yet impactful change of FTs unshielded cable. It brings the Bird closer to Jewels technicalities, maintaining the beautiful lush mids. Currently trying to decide if I keep complimentory Jewel (which is still more resolving and airy) or let it go and settle with Trailliii and FT.
Source; May/ Bliss, N8ii

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #7,828 of 8,027

I am also pretty sensitive to treble frequencies and always prefer the warmer sound. For example, I am not a A&K fan and almost always prefer tube amps. I didn't hate it on the orphy and it made the sound more balanced. I am also nitpicking at this point to determine which of these SummitFi cables I prefer. Will try tip rolling as well to see if it helps.

I only got the centurion a few months ago and I believe the previous owner only had it for ~1mo. So it's still too new to tell you whether it will discolor.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #7,829 of 8,027
I am also pretty sensitive to treble frequencies and always prefer the warmer sound. For example, I am not a A&K fan and almost always prefer tube amps. I didn't hate it on the orphy and it made the sound more balanced. I am also nitpicking at this point to determine which of these SummitFi cables I prefer. Will try tip rolling as well to see if it helps.

I only got the centurion a few months ago and I believe the previous owner only had it for ~1mo. So it's still too new to tell you whether it will discolor.

Swapped eartips to AZLA sedna, which has toned down the treble a bit for me. Orphy > centurion > shiro, as the shiro still had the coldest sound, which would make sense since it is a pure silver cable. I still really enjoyed the midrange on the centurion, but would not recommend it if the trailli was your single all purpose iem. At this price, i'd go orphy.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #7,830 of 8,027
After listening one hour this morning my Traillii,a very good lunch with a special Italian wine from Tuscany

Attachments

• IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5738.jpg
    IMG_5738.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back