Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #7,801 of 8,028
I've had 2 of these stock cables before. Lol. I think you're better off getting a FT cable for about same price on classifieds.
I would disagree, I like the stock cable the most of them all 😂

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #7,802 of 8,028
I would disagree, I like the stock cable the most of them all 😂
Just wanted to elaborate that I like it specifically for the striking balance provided as a TOTL all-rounder with all the music genres, and the same goes for the stock tips.
During my experiments I found out that while you can change former and latter enhancing some scenarios or types of music, you will lose something for the other cases which ultimately makes stock configuration that universal one, at least for my ears.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #7,803 of 8,028
IMHO, I do not feel it has been superseded. I still have yet to find the IEM that is superior to the Traillii. My Traillii outperformed Storm and Mentor for example. I also prefer it to Trifecta, Odin, Annihilator and Sony Z1R ( not that I dislike any of them ). Obviously we have our favorites, but this is the second time I have heard someone mention it is superseded by the latest batch of IEMs, and it is just not true. It still has as much or more detail combined with its tight high quality bass and the best timbre and mids.

At the upcoming CanJam and some visits to my local stores I will compare it to the Amber Pearl, CanPur and some of the others currently being hyped this year. I think I may make the jump to HPs though, but will see.
If you have the N30Le and match it with the traillii TI, it is heavenly sound. The sound stage is so wide and holographic just incredible. There is no IEM that can match the vocals on the Traillii TI. This is the special ingredient which is very hard to replicate. I did a review on YT. Even though it is still a 12 driver IEM they have improved on the OG Traillii in terms of details and the bass. The casing is also titanium and more comfortable. This is what you pay for. I was sceptical at first until my music friends asked me to listen to it. At the end of the day only each person can decide whether it is worth that extra for that magic ingredient but it is usually that little factor which is the icing on the cake for the musical bliss experience:wink:

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #7,804 of 8,028
If you have the N30Le and match it with the traillii TI, it is heavenly sound. The sound stage is so wide and holographic just incredible. There is no IEM that can match the vocals on the Traillii TI. This is the special ingredient which is very hard to replicate. I did a review on YT. Even though it is still a 12 driver IEM they have improved on the OG Traillii in terms of details and the bass. The casing is also titanium and more comfortable. This is what you pay for. I was sceptical at first until my music friends asked me to listen to it. At the end of the day only each person can decide whether it is worth that extra for that magic ingredient but it is usually that little factor which is the icing on the cake for the musical bliss experience:wink:
I have not heard the Traillii Ti. I do believe when it first appeared there were also some negative comments. I would love to hear it. Very limited editions concern me though. Why is it not universally released? Is it just a step to the actual follow up to the Traillii? Maybe someone at CanJam NY will have one?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #7,805 of 8,028
I have not heard the Traillii Ti. I do believe when it first appeared there were also some negative comments. I would love to hear it. Very limited editions concern me though. Why is it not universally released? Is it just a step to the actual follow up to the Traillii? Maybe someone at CsnJam NY will have one?
Me too. I heard from a few members who said in the asian forums that the TI sounded worst than og traillii. Definitely need to demo these as it might be a matter of preference.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #7,806 of 8,028
Me too. I heard from a few members who said in the asian forums that the TI sounded worst than og traillii. Definitely need to demo these as it might be a matter of preference.
I have heard both. I kept on putting off buying the OG because I just thought it did not have enough to make me want to buy it. The Ti version is better IMHO.
Because I liked the vocals on it and the songs I listen to are more compatible with the IEM. Yes, the price is off-putting and there is no way I would pay for an IEM of this price without hearing it first. It is the most expensive IEM I have paid for but overall even after owning it for over 5 months I didn't regret paying that much for it.
I am just giving my view. Over the OG Traillii it addressed the bass problem and made the treble definition more detailed. The Titanium casing is a lot more comfortable than the OG which may have given more pressure to the ear before and I didn't experience this on the new one. It's hard to ship these over from China and the additional tax on top just makes it even more expensive and unreachable. But I like them better than the Creator.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #7,807 of 8,028
I have heard both. I kept on putting off buying the OG because I just thought it did not have enough to make me want to buy it. The Ti version is better IMHO.
Because I liked the vocals on it and the songs I listen to are more compatible with the IEM. Yes, the price is off-putting and there is no way I would pay for an IEM of this price without hearing it first. It is the most expensive IEM I have paid for but overall even after owning it for over 5 months I didn't regret paying that much for it.
I am just giving my view. Over the OG Traillii it addressed the bass problem and made the treble definition more detailed. The Titanium casing is a lot more comfortable than the OG which may have given more pressure to the ear before and I didn't experience this on the new one. It's hard to ship these over from China and the additional tax on top just makes it even more expensive and unreachable. But I like them better than the Creator.
Thank you for your thoughts on the comparison. Fit accounts for allot. My OG Traillii fits me better than my customs which I feel is partly why it sounds best for me.

I prefer a shallow insertion. Does the Traillii TI still have the same size stem and insertion depth? Would you still call it a shallow insertion? Tks.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #7,808 of 8,028
Bit late to the party but received my Traillii today, will need to see if I let Jewel go or keep it, but pretty blown away by Triallii. Its one of the rare totl headphones that have the certain magic where everything comes together and you sit there with huge smile on your face like an idiot. It doesnt have the wow-effect of the Jewel where you are just overwhelmed by resolution thinking how it is possible to have a Susvara on a go. Still its incredibly resolving and just fun to listen for hours. Spent 6h with them today already without taking them off. The beautiful addicting mids reminded me of my ZMF Atrium, but the thing is much faster and much more resolving. Suprised about bass criticism. There is plenty, dont feel it lacks anything in that regard compared to Jewel. Jewel sure has more slam and its better textured. But Trailliis bass feels fuller.

Question regarding the cable, have a demo unit of FTs and 1950s. Could test both properly yet, but what do you think is a good combination for Traillii. Jewel literally comes alive with FTs. What are the top picks for Trailli? FT feels great and makes them sound very close to Jewel, but the stock cable feels like it compliments them better?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #7,809 of 8,028
Bit late to the party but received my Traillii today, will need to see if I let Jewel go or keep it, but pretty blown away by Triallii. Its one of the rare totl headphones that have the certain magic where everything comes together and you sit there with huge smile on your face like an idiot. It doesnt have the wow-effect of the Jewel where you are just overwhelmed by resolution thinking how it is possible to have a Susvara on a go. Still its incredibly resolving and just fun to listen for hours. Spent 6h with them today already without taking them off. The beautiful addicting mids reminded me of my ZMF Atrium, but the thing is much faster and much more resolving. Suprised about bass criticism. There is plenty, dont feel it lacks anything in that regard compared to Jewel. Jewel sure has more slam and its better textured. But Triallis bass feels fuller.

Question regarding the cable, have a demo unit of FTs and 1950s. Could test both properly yet, but what do you think is a good combination for Traillii. Jewel literally comes alive with FTs. What are the top picks for Trailli? FT feels great and makes them sound very close to Jewel, but the stock cable feels like it compliments them better?
The top cables for the Traillii are probably the 1960’s it came with, First Times ( it was also sold with this as a package at one time) and the Orpheus. For me, the noticeable difference was going to the Orpheus. I did not notice a significant enough change to bother about the First Times. The 1950’s is one of my favorite cables, but I never bothered to try it on the Traillii as I am using it with other IEMs.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #7,810 of 8,028
Thank you for your thoughts on the comparison. Fit accounts for allot. My OG Traillii fits me better than my customs which I feel is partly why it sounds best for me.

I prefer a shallow insertion. Does the Traillii TI still have the same size stem and insertion depth? Would you still call it a shallow insertion? Tks.
IMG_4362.jpg

This is the shape of the Traillii Ti. One thing for me is that with the Titanium casing I don't get that pressurized ear problem where it seems to suck into the ear more with this one, even though there is no visible hole on this case to release the pressure as we see on the photopolymer casing ones. For me these are very comfortable since it fits my ear well but it really depends on ear shape. They have had a new design to better fit most ears. It's like some of my friends says the Black Erlkonig is comfortable for them whilst I love the sound but it is so uncomfortable for my ear shape. Nevertheless this titanium casing is better than OG, IMHO hence reflected in the price.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #7,811 of 8,028
The top cables for the Traillii are probably the 1960’s it came with, First Times ( it was also sold with this as a package at one time) and the Orpheus. For me, the noticeable difference was going to the Orpheus. I did not notice a significant enough change to bother about the First Times. The 1950’s is one of my favorite cables, but I never bothered to try it on the Traillii as I am using it with other IEMs.
In the past few days I was doing some cable comparisons. In the first few hours, I found the Brise Shiro to be more natural and transparent where as the orphy produced a fuller sound in the lower and upper regions. After I compare this for a little bit longer, I will reintroduce the centurion into the mix.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #7,812 of 8,028
Can you describe the characteristics of the Centurion? There's no cable quite like it.

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #7,813 of 8,028
IMG_4362.jpg

This is the shape of the Traillii Ti. One thing for me is that with the Titanium casing I don't get that pressurized ear problem where it seems to suck into the ear more with this one, even though there is no visible hole on this case to release the pressure as we see on the photopolymer casing ones. For me these are very comfortable since it fits my ear well but it really depends on ear shape. They have had a new design to better fit most ears. It's like some of my friends says the Black Erlkonig is comfortable for them whilst I love the sound but it is so uncomfortable for my ear shape. Nevertheless this titanium casing is better than OG, IMHO hence reflected in the price.
I can only add that for me, the Ti form is practically the same as Jp. Some changes are more noticeable because of the clear shell. However, the shape seems to be the same as the Oriolus Szalai with the same comfort. For me, I had no problems with the fit of the Jp, and it seems that if anything changed, it has become more comfortable.

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #7,814 of 8,028
Could you advice good tips for Traillii (best something that availible in europe)?

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #7,815 of 8,028
I heard the same negativity when the original Traillii was released. This thread has these reviews at the beginning. People just say it's bad because it's expensive.
Now that I've made the comparison, such comments only make me laugh. I had almost 4 years of Traillii Jp and let it go just for the Ti. Of course, this doesn't mean anything except that it's the perfect upgrade for me. But I never went for the mainstream cable selection that tried to make the Jp even smoother, add more weight, etc., as FT does, for example.
Preferences always play a role. For some people, any sound that does not work in their usual taste coordinates will be bad. And of course, for some people, quality is determined by the amount of bass, and so on. And since Ti has less of it, it automatically makes them worse.
Perhaps their positioning says that it should be "just a limited edition version of the JP with minor changes". But this is not the case at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back