Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #7,772 of 8,061
The best price I found was 11,000. That is the price I can buy the boulder DAC 812. Why can I win the powerball? I'm so happy for you, the joy of reconnecting with your old music catalogue, nothing is like it.
the traillii Ti could be ordered direct on taobao from jaben at just cny56200, which is far less than us$11k (still way too expensive for any iem by my metric of value - it looks better in person and a better value than the fitear creator though). likely people with connection and access could negotiate a better deal too. if you're interest, probably can find a shopping service to get it for you. but you may wish to make sure how the importing fee and tax in your country before doing so.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #7,773 of 8,061
I believe the Traillii Ti is made by Jaben and is not an official Oriolus iem.

Dec 17, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #7,774 of 8,061
Dec 17, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #7,776 of 8,061
Not an Oriolus Japan official product, confirmed by JP headquarters.
But they condone the Oriolus branding? Very strange. In any case, now I’m even less interested in it than I was..

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #7,778 of 8,061
There are two different Oriolus divisions: JP and China. Trailli originally was developed by the JP division. Ti is a Chinese variant.
When the Traillii came out we looked into this a bit and found out it was designed and I also think made in China ( by the “ Old Man” as some called him.. I do not know his name. ).

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #7,780 of 8,061
When the Traillii came out we looked into this a bit and found out it was designed and I also think made in China ( by the “ Old Man” as some called him.. I do not know his name. ).
The Traillii JPs were "Assembled in Japan" as the sticker on their box states. However, the model itself was designed by Mr. Rao, Old Man, probably not in Japan (if they were designed in Japan, I think it would have been reported on this sticker).

Thus, the words of the Japanese branch that they did not deal with the assembly of Traillii Ti is true. But that doesn't mean the Ti version isn't official, etc. It just has a different assembly location. Given the model's limited status, it may have been assembled by Mr. Rao's branch or by himself.

Why did this happen? I suspect it all depends on production capabilities. Probably, the Japanese branch did not have the capacity for metal processing. All the more so for something as difficult to process as titanium.

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #7,782 of 8,061
Finally I found the perfect match for Traillii.
It's Yatono Ultimate cable from Brise audio. Spent entire this morning to listen to this cable with the bird, and I cannot stop listenning any moment. Really addicting sound. I would say yatono ultimate could easily beat pw1960s in every aspect. Much more balanced and controlled sound signature. Highly recommended for anyone wants to upgrade Traillii's stock cable to a better cable yet cheaper price.
Hey what tips are these?
Also, I'm thinking of a Yatono LE. Does the Yatono LE lend some more bass impact to the Trailli?

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #7,784 of 8,061
I'll subscribe to the thread as a future owner:L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back