Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Dec 10, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #7,756 of 8,096
went collecting my pre-ordered robno-dou dancouge so passed by the 2nd audio shop i shopped occasionally. so happened there's a pair of used oriolus traillii JP a bit under the market price on display. looks quite well made and came with the leather oriolus x vannuys case and the original PW audio cable too but no invoice. i worried a bit about the counterfeit issue but the shop owner reassured me this is the real deal and he offered a good price just to make a quick sale during the holiday season. so i eventually went ahead and got myself an early xmas present :ksc75smile:

sounds really coherent and a bit similar to jewel. quite easy to drive to adequate volume too. contrary to many comments i read, i found the bass quantity quite adequate. the cable is much easier to handle than that comes with UM's products. it's outstanding but by today's standard. seems no longer head and shoulder above other totl choices. for the 2nd hand price, it's hard to fault though. overall, i'm happy to add the bird to my small collection :relaxed:

Attachments

• 20231210_165938.jpg
    20231210_165938.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231210_165955.jpg
    20231210_165955.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231210_170027.jpg
    20231210_170027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231210_171958.jpg
    20231210_171958.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #7,757 of 8,096
went collecting my pre-ordered robno-dou dancouge so passed by the 2nd audio shop i shopped occasionally. so happened there's a pair of used oriolus traillii JP a bit under the market price on display. looks quite well made and came with the leather oriolus x vannuys case and the original PW audio cable too but no invoice. i worried a bit about the counterfeit issue but the shop owner reassured me this is the real deal and he offered a good price just to make a quick sale during the holiday season. so i eventually went ahead and got myself an early xmas present :ksc75smile:

sounds really coherent and a bit similar to jewel. quite easy to drive to adequate volume too. contrary to many comments i saw, i found the bass quantity quite adequate. the cable is much more easier to handle than that comes with UM's products. it's outstanding but by today's standard. seems no longer head and shoulder above other totl choices. for the 2nd hand price, it's hard to fault though. overall, i'm happy to add the bird to my small collection :relaxed:
Congrats! It is a charming IEM. That's why I still have it all this time. Enjoy! :)

Dec 10, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #7,758 of 8,096
i'm happy to add the bird to my small collection :relaxed:
you could host canjam based off of your signature 😁

I'm assuming you attached that leather strap to the BTR7 case to snap to a bag while on the go? cool solution i may have to copy that. I've really enjoy the BTR7, seems considerably better than the og BTR5 I had. I haven't used it with the Traillii too much but one reason I went for the bird was the notion that it sounds great with most sources.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #7,759 of 8,096
you could host canjam based off of your signature 😁

I'm assuming you attached that leather strap to the BTR7 case to snap to a bag while on the go? cool solution i may have to copy that. I've really enjoy the BTR7, seems considerably better than the og BTR5 I had. I haven't used it with the Traillii too much but one reason I went for the bird was the notion that it sounds great with most sources.
:sweat:already got too many headfi gears indeed and I decided to quit buying new toys for sometimes. I've ordered a ue premier ciem during black Friday sale and now waiting for delivery. Hope that would be my only 2014 new gears . . .

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #7,760 of 8,096

sounds really coherent and a bit similar to jewel. quite easy to drive to adequate volume too. contrary to many comments i read, i found the bass quantity quite adequate. the cable is much easier to handle than that comes with UM's products. it's outstanding but by today's standard. seems no longer head and shoulder above other totl choices. for the 2nd hand price, it's hard to fault though. overall, i'm happy to add the bird to my small collection :relaxed:
Glad to hear you got one at a good price. I like many IEMs, but the Traillii is still my overall number one pick. Enjoy the quality of the bass with a good fit.

Tips can make a bit of a difference as well. Try the AzlaSednaShortLights if they work for you. The larger bore allows all of the bass to come through. Great for your Jewel as well.

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #7,761 of 8,096

Congras! I still think Traillii is one of the better options for their price on classifieds.

Dec 10, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #7,762 of 8,096
I’ve been away from the consumption aspect of the hobby for a bit. Attending concerts became its own type of rabbit hole/money pit.

Catching up on Head-Fi, it’s great to see that the bird is still holding up. I find that I still love my listening sessions with it.

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #7,763 of 8,096
I listened to my Traillili last night while traveling and I must say I am shocked how good these things are out of my hugo 2...at home I listen to susvara and abyss and Raal and these darn IEM's are so impressive

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #7,765 of 8,096
Well, I found something better than Traillii JP. This is Trailly Ti.
I know there has been a lot of skepticism that only the shells has changed because the driver configuration is the same. However, for me the difference in cost justifies the increase in sound.
I enjoyed more than 2 years with Bird. Now I am calm about my setup again and will just listen to music for a long time.
IMG_20231215_170252-01.jpeg

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #7,767 of 8,096
I know there has been a lot of skepticism that only the shells has changed because the driver configuration is the same. However, for me the difference in cost justifies the increase in sound.
I enjoyed more than 2 years with Bird. Now I am calm about my setup again and will just listen to music for a long time.

May I ask where you've been successful to find your Trailli Ti, as I've been thinking about the Ti version for a while now.

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #7,768 of 8,096
IMG_20231215_170252-01.jpeg
WHY did you have to go and put this thought in my head!?! Just kidding... kinda. If I follow your guidance I should wait another year with the bird before thinking of any upgrade. Great to see that Oriolus is still innovating though.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #7,769 of 8,096
May I ask where you've been successful to find your Trailli Ti, as I've been thinking about the Ti version for a while now.
My friend from Hong Kong made me a good offer. I don't know where he bought them. I'm guessing at Jaben since I saw that store's stickers on the box.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #7,770 of 8,096
I'm still on the fence on my next and final IEM purchase. Trialli Ti sure appears to be the one who can rule them all.
For me, this is absolutely true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back