Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #7,861 of 8,027
After a first but intense audition of the Traillii Ti within a meet 10 days ago (and an A/B comparison with the Traillii OG), I decided to order the Ti. During this long but decisive afternoon in Amsterdam, I had the opportunity to try many totl IEMs (Storm, Supreme V3, P-Zero, RN6, XE6, Raven, etc...), but nothing got me started as the Ti.

Any other Ti's owners in here?
I can tell you that although I still preferred the OG Traillii to the Ti, I felt the Ti was better than every other IEM at CanJam NY and would actually be a compliment to the OG if desired. I liked it allot.

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #7,862 of 8,027
I can tell you that although I still preferred the OG Traillii to the Ti, I felt the Ti was better than every other IEM at CanJam NY and would actually be a compliment to the OG if desired. I liked it allot.
The Ti is not an upgrade over the OG, but a perfectly tuned side grade, in my opinion. I had the OG for a long loan period back in 2022 and I was mesmerized by its tuning. Completely out of reach financially speaking because I already had cashed out my thin savings for the Jewel, I send the OG back with a heavy heart. Both OG and Ti are absolute killer IEMs.

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #7,863 of 8,027
After a first but intense audition of the Traillii Ti within a meet 10 days ago (and an A/B comparison with the Traillii OG), I decided to order the Ti. During this long but decisive afternoon in Amsterdam, I had the opportunity to try many totl IEMs (Storm, Supreme V3, P-Zero, RN6, XE6, Raven, etc...), but nothing got me started as the Ti.

congrats!

I've had the pleasure of owning OG Bird for over a year. I sold it after getting UM Mentor. Parting ways with OG Bird was not easy. Many days and nights I put an OG Bird back in Musicteck's cart but could not pull the trigger. Mainly because I got the OG Bird during Black Friday 2021, I managed to secure a pair for far less $ than RRP which unfortunately has yet to repeat. Re-buying same things should be for less $ in my book.

I had a short break from the hobby at the end of 2023, sold all my gears but the unopened WM1AM2. That short-lived break could've been longer if it wasnt't for a post in the watercooler, from which I learned that Musicteck finally takes order for Traillii Ti. Since its release in 2023, I've been craving for Ti Bird but just could not order direct from China. Thanks to Andrew @MusicTeck , I finally got my hands on Ti, in all its glory.

For now I'm pairing the titanium Bird with WM1AM2. The pairing is okay by my standard. Although I would not be satisfied until it can be paired with the long-awaited LP7 which hopefully will also be available in titanium. People waited for years before they met their soulmate. So I'm thinking, perhaps Ti Bird should wait for a while before it can get paired with LP7 Ti. I guess I'm becoming a matchmaker for Ti. I've been enjoying Ti a lot. I prefer the Ti not because it's the newer model. I just happen to love its signature more compared to the OG, especially in treble region. The OG's still in my top 3.

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #7,864 of 8,027

Who called me?
1000025442.jpg

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #7,865 of 8,027
The Ti is not an upgrade over the OG, but a perfectly tuned side grade, in my opinion. I had the OG for a long loan period back in 2022 and I was mesmerized by its tuning. Completely out of reach financially speaking because I already had cashed out my thin savings for the Jewel, I send the OG back with a heavy heart. Both OG and Ti are absolute killer IEMs.
I currently have Traillii JP, Trailii Ti and Jewel. Only Ti will remain.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #7,866 of 8,027
OG was one of my purchases in my initial foray into the hi summit IEM world. I still think it’s one of the most smooth and cohesive IEMs I’ve heard even to this day. With a calibration of my sound signature preferences, I’m itching for the Trailli sound and just bought a second hand Ti. Looking forward to receiving it and cable roll, which is one of my fav things to do :)

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #7,867 of 8,027
Who called me?
I was an owner and sold it. But I will buy the Ti back again. I really miss that sound. It is one of the best IEM I heard up to date. I sold it because I was making my own IEM. I know how difficult it is to create something as good as this from first hand even with a bunch of very experienced people in the industry. Oriolus has found their own sound which is unique. It is sure a step up from the OG since I auditioned it 4 times and could not get myself to buy the OG a few years back. With the Ti the sound was enough to make me part with double that price. It's not for everyone but I think try it so that you have a benchmark for what a TOTL IEM is. With the LP6Ti or N30LE, the sound is just incredible. Sheer bliss!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #7,868 of 8,027
After owning a Traillii JP for years now and completely withdrawing from any comments on this forum (After my purchase I was quite active here), i went to try out the new "kids" on the block so to speak - or the flagships of today. I tried the oBravo Ra-21.5cu-cu (excellent IEM and very close to the Traillii JP in all respects) but only after changing the stock cable to something much better, Nobel Audio Viking Ragnar (also excellent clear sound, but a bit lack of bass in comparison), and FIR Audio Xenon 6 Xe6.
Now if I would not own the Traillii JP, I would surely go for any of this 3 other ones (especially the FIR who has a good price in comparison), although as mentioned - to me the oBravo was the most appealing in terms of sound stage, openness, bass to treble clarity and details, and holographic sound, followed by the FIR Xe6.
But after all that - it is clear that to me for sure the best is still the Bird and by a decent margin. The ONLY issue with the bird that I had, was that the stock ear tips were useless for me - they did not project the way Traillii can project - I had to change the ear tips to other models and I would highly recommend anyone who owns a Traillii and feels lack of some bass or sound stage to test other ear tips as this can change a lot in the way you experience this in-ear. But once you have the best fitting ear tips, nothing really can beat the bird. After quite some years now on the market - the No 1 is still the bird and for the next few years i don't need to look anywhere else anymore. It seems this is as much as one can squeeze out from an IEM as such. Maybe the new Traillii TI will top it ? Who knows.
Anyway I thought to share my impression - listening and judging is a very personal subject and it is not easy to remove all the marketing buzz, the perception of THE cable and other things that can kind of impact the way we judge. Focussing on purely the sound impression is surely not easy.

Enjoy whatever you use
Hi Sir, I have tried all the one's you mentioned here and feels the same. One other IEM which I felt was on par with the Traillii Ti was the Noble Viking (The full Damascus steel one). This was very limited and sold out almost immediately. Limited to about 80 or something like this. The quality was also insane. Another one I sold which I regret.
But the Traillii Ti is really special IMHO. The Titanium I felt was more comfortable than the OG Polymer casing. It caused less pressurization problem with the ears when wearing for long extended time. Mr Rao really did put a lot of thought into it when he made these. It is able to retain the OG essence in the vocals and mids whilst addressing all the limitations which people mentioned needed to improve on the OG such as better tighter bass and improved treble without being too sharp on the ears. I believed he really achieved this. I would rarely part with such cash and when I heard it I was sold.

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #7,870 of 8,027
OG was one of my purchases in my initial foray into the hi summit IEM world. I still think it’s one of the most smooth and cohesive IEMs I’ve heard even to this day. With a calibration of my sound signature preferences, I’m itching for the Trailli sound and just bought a second hand Ti. Looking forward to receiving it and cable roll, which is one of my fav things to do :)
I am jealous you found one in the used market. Great move.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #7,871 of 8,027
I was an owner and sold it. But I will buy the Ti back again. I really miss that sound. It is one of the best IEM I heard up to date. I sold it because I was making my own IEM. I know how difficult it is to create something as good as this from first hand even with a bunch of very experienced people in the industry. Oriolus has found their own sound which is unique. It is sure a step up from the OG since I auditioned it 4 times and could not get myself to buy the OG a few years back. With the Ti the sound was enough to make me part with double that price. It's not for everyone but I think try it so that you have a benchmark for what a TOTL IEM is. With the LP6Ti or N30LE, the sound is just incredible. Sheer bliss!
You were the first) I hope I didn't bother you too much with my questions about this model while I was about to buy it.
Probably, even if you said that everything is bad, I would still take the risk, but in general - I have no regrets.
Like I said earlier, the Bird Jp's have been my favorite IEMs for a long time and I wouldn't think twice about replacing them. But the temptation to get Ti was too great.
As for sources - I like the combo with LPGT Ti. This is the best portable sound I can get. Of course, the rig with LP6Ti was also good, but I sold it because for Bird Ti and Ra21 I use LPGT Ti in 90% of cases. At the same time, visually and sonically, the combo with the LP6Ti also deserves special attention if you need a slightly more emotional sound.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #7,872 of 8,027
You were the first) I hope I didn't bother you too much with my questions about this model while I was about to buy it.
Probably, even if you said that everything is bad, I would still take the risk, but in general - I have no regrets.
Like I said earlier, the Bird Jp's have been my favorite IEMs for a long time and I wouldn't think twice about replacing them. But the temptation to get Ti was too great.
As for sources - I like the combo with LPGT Ti. This is the best portable sound I can get. Of course, the rig with LP6Ti was also good, but I sold it because for Bird Ti and Ra21 I use LPGT Ti in 90% of cases. At the same time, visually and sonically, the combo with the LP6Ti also deserves special attention if you need a slightly more emotional sound.
The Ti is a lot of money so I always say try to listen to it first before buying. Since I understand everyone has a different taste. I always carry with me the Lp6Ti and TI99 to test the IEMs. As you say as long as it gives you enjoyment and you think it s worth it That’s all that matters. I have also been following Obravo as well. The version 2 CU was a vast improvement for me and a lot easier to drive. I have tested the platinum but still need more time to test it further before committing. Btw I am working on a 20 driver per ear IEM for my enjoyment😜

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #7,873 of 8,027
Mr Rao did not make run Ti. It was farmed out from what we could find out so far.
From my understanding the JP and China are 2 lines. The line may be made in China and JP line is from Japan. Mr Rao has a workshop in China. May I ask where you got this information from? Or do you mean he farmed out to someone in China?

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #7,874 of 8,027
From my understanding the JP and China are 2 lines. The line may be made in China and JP line is from Japan. Mr Rao has a workshop in China. May I ask where you got this information from? Or do you mean he farmed out to someone in China?
From both distributors and other reviewers who had some contact. I hedged a bit in that I did not personally speak with Mr. Rao. But it has been discussed for some time that the “ Old Man” did not design the Ti. I have also been told that is why there are so few units. The Ti is not from Oriolus JP as you mentioned. Who specifically made it was never mentioned.

Are you able to find out?

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #7,875 of 8,027
From both distributors and other reviewers who had some contact. I hedged a bit in that I did not personally speak with Mr. Rao. But it has been discussed for some time that the “ Old Man” did not design the Ti. I have also been told that is why there are so few units. The Ti is not from Oriolus JP as you mentioned. Who specifically made it was never mentioned.

Are you able to find out?
Mr Rao did contact me when I did the first review on the TI on YouTube and thanked me. I will try to find out. I do know he has some CNC equipment but not sure how far down the line he gets involved on which parts. This may be his trade secret😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back