Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #4,126 of 8,037
Some lazy TGIF listening on the DX300 (Amp12). Excellent pairing. The Traillii obviously scales up nicely with the power on high gain. What I will say is: what a soundstage! :)

D79EA753-9DB0-4C6B-AA6B-65A19AA60FBF.jpeg

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #4,127 of 8,037
Some lazy TGIF listening on the DX300 (Amp12). Excellent pairing. The Traillii obviously scales up nicely with the power on high gain. What I will say is: what a soundstage!
You have a lot of sources in your signature, which one do you like the most with Traillii ?
And does any of them approach the level of C9?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #4,128 of 8,037
You have a lot of sources in your signature, which one do you like the most with Traillii ?
And does any of them approach the level of C9?
I have only tried out the M8, the P6 Pro (for a shorter time) and now the DX300. I will find out soon. Still making my way in the rotation.

Not with the Traillii but in terms of sound signature generally, I have always preferred the Shanling M30 over the Cayin C9. :)

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #4,130 of 8,037
It's like when you have to pee, and you are good up until you're just around the corner from the bathroom...

...then you REALLY have to pee.

I really do believe you've forgotten just how good the bird+traillii combo is...everytime i listen it's like the first time all over again.

shouldn't be too much longer now, man...

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #4,131 of 8,037
Some lazy TGIF listening on the DX300 (Amp12). Excellent pairing. The Traillii obviously scales up nicely with the power on high gain. What I will say is: what a soundstage! :)

D79EA753-9DB0-4C6B-AA6B-65A19AA60FBF.jpeg
I happen to be listening to DX312 + C9 with Traillii and it indeed has a huge sound stage. What is just as impressive is its instrument separation which contributes to its large sound stage. Nothing ever sounds congested because all instruments and voices are spread out nicely. It's perfect coherence doesn't let anything get out of place.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4,132 of 8,037
I’m a sucker for soundstage (have been spoiled by lots of weekends listening to speakers), and all these posts about the Traillii stage are going to make me shell out a whole lot of coins to get these expensive mfers. However, before that, a quick question about the Bird’s stage:

Is the stage:
1. Deep/cavernous (meaning great instrument separation and pin-point instrument localization, giving the impression that you’re walking the stage as you listen to different instruments) but not as wide (meaning not impressive out of the head experience, mostly limited to the distance between each ear)?

2. Super wide (meaning really great out of the head experience, giving the impression of sounds coming from a few or more centimeters/inches away for the ears) but not as deep?

3. Both 1 and 2 (meaning it is both deep and wide)?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,133 of 8,037
I’m a sucker for soundstage (have been spoiled by lots of weekends listening to speakers), and all these posts about the Traillii stage are going to make me shell out a whole lot of coins to get these expensive mfers. However, before that, a quick question about the Bird’s stage:

Is the stage:
1. Deep/cavernous (meaning great instrument separation and pin-point instrument localization, giving the impression that you’re walking the stage as you listen to different instruments) but not as wide (meaning not impressive out of the head experience, mostly limited to the distance between each ear)?

2. Super wide (meaning really great out of the head experience, giving the impression of sounds coming from a few or more centimeters/inches away for the ears) but not as deep?

If you can hang on a little longer, I’m assuming 2-3 more weeks, I should have mine. I can meet up with you and let you listen/borrow them since you are only like 25 mins away.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #4,135 of 8,037

Is the stage:

I would say it's more 2 vs. 1, but it is capable of both more than any other iem i've heard by quite a large margin.

It's crazy, but at this point, I'd say the "measly" $2k+ stock cable only scratches the surface of all the magic the bird is capable of - it's all in the subtle detail it can present. For that, you really need to step up to something crazy like the orpy (or at least one of the newer pwa cables, like the metropolis.)

on the oprhy, the blackness and scale of the bird's staging is downright bonkers.

and since @aaf evo has the orphy, you may just get to hear that for yourself soon enough...

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #4,136 of 8,037

Is the stage:

To me, it's more cylindrical and outside of my head. If anything, wider than deeper. I am on the center of the stage. Pinpoint instrument location.

This is NOT a 2 channel sound stage experience where the sound in in front of you.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #4,137 of 8,037

Is the stage:

The soundstage is most remarkable for being wide with pinpoint images. It is not deep in comparison to top 2-Channel Systems, not as realistic as the top can be, but the best there is in an IEM. You will also be spending allot more coin for the 2-Channel system that beats it. And I would also say it is easily noticeable in comparison to other IEM’s, so you will hear it immediately. Tks.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #4,138 of 8,037
I would say it's more 2 vs. 1, but it is capable of both more than any other iem i've heard by quite a large margin.

It's crazy, but at this point, I'd say the "measly" $2k+ stock cable only scratches the surface of all the magic the bird is capable of - it's all in the subtle detail it can present. For that, you really need to step up to something crazy like the orpy (or at least one of the newer pwa cables, like the metropolis.)

on the oprhy, the blackness and scale of the bird's staging is downright bonkers.

and since @aaf evo has the orphy, you may just get to hear that for yourself soon enough...
Thanks for the response, after tonality and timbre, great soundstage width and depth are the next parameters I seek on IEMs.

Oh man, this cable talk just made my wallet run away and hide… we’re literally talking about ~$12k for the Trailli+PW Orpheus pairing?! Jeeezzz, a divorce might be inbound! 😂😂

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #4,139 of 8,037
Thanks for the response, after tonality and timbre, great soundstage width and depth are the next parameters I seek on IEMs.

Oh man, this cable talk just made my wallet run away and hide… we’re literally talking about ~$12k for the Trailli+PW Orpheus pairing?! Jeeezzz, a divorce might be inbound! 😂😂
Listen to the cable. I can't believe that the cable alone is better than a Chord Hugo TT2 and Cayin C9 which is what you can buy for the price of that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back