Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 11, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #4,097 of 8,024
I just go with my standard line: "oh wow, look what they sent me to review!". Sometimes a little white lie is better than a big black shiner.

This hit home. I'm a prolific reviewer...

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #4,098 of 8,024
Based off the cable, it looks cheap. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think you mean "inexpensive" :p

It would be a bit much of they decided to one up Traillii already. I would be happy to see something at the ~$1.5 - 2K mark from them.

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #4,099 of 8,024
B847ECBE-0047-4D28-8558-2029B0475231.jpeg

Bird has a new sexual, I mean audio, partner for a bit, and she’s indeed happy. I’ll be sure to take better photos and do some in-depth A/B comparisons of the LP6 to Sp2000 but let me just reiterate, R2R does some special magic in the lower & higher frequencies (evident from N6Ti as well).

Imagine being on drugs at a concert at a euphoric level, that’s the initial impression I am getting from the tons of energy LP6 offers. Tons of width and height at slight expense of soundstage depth. Bass digs deep. P6pro seemed to be more intimate, laid-back, slower, darker and timbre-focused on low-level detail. Both complimentary. Dunno if what I am hearing is exactly accurate/non-colored, but damn it is fun.

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #4,100 of 8,024
I just go with my standard line: "oh wow, look what they sent me to review!". Sometimes a little white lie is better than a big black shiner.
Sometimes?

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #4,101 of 8,024
I'm currently listening to the new Billie Eilish album with the bird and the N6ii Ti. Not my usual genre, but wow... The transition from the first to the second song... Jaw dropping. And the sub bass... I'd swear there's a dynamic driver in there... Awesome listening experience! :)

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #4,103 of 8,024
I'm currently listening to the new Billie Eilish album with the bird and the N6ii Ti. Not my usual genre, but wow... The transition from the first to the second song... Jaw dropping. And the sub bass... I'd swear there's a dynamic driver in there... Awesome listening experience! :)
If any audiophile gives you FLAC (pun intended) for listening to Billie Eilish, they're just in denial. That album does a great job overall with vocals, staging, dynamics and subbass.

Try Oxytocin for subbass in specific. NDA for dynamics. Everyone dies for vocals.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #4,104 of 8,024
If any audiophile gives you FLAC (pun intended) for listening to Billie Eilish, they're just in denial. That album does a great job overall with vocals, staging, dynamics and subbass.
Try Oxytocin for subbass in specific. NDA for dynamics. Everyone dies for vocals.
Absolutely, the recording quality is so good that this is enjoyable for any audiophile, I would suppose. The last album was great in that respect too.

EDIT: the sub bass is all over this album... Really nice.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #4,105 of 8,024
I also recommend (for classical music enjoyers) checking out the works of Teodor Currentzis - that man is a genius and most of his recordings have giant soundstage.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #4,106 of 8,024
Btw, did anyone ever try some graphene cables? I'm getting some samples right now and am interested in experiences. Apparently they deliver a different sound than copper or silver, while conducting better than copper and drastically reduce current leakage over anything that's on the market. Only downside is, that its a shitload more expensive than silver😂

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #4,107 of 8,024
Btw, did anyone ever try some graphene cables? I'm getting some samples right now and am interested in experiences. Apparently they deliver a different sound than copper or silver, while conducting better than copper and drastically reduce current leakage over anything that's on the market. Only downside is, that its a shitload more expensive than silver😂
For graphene the price should come down years from now as the man made material finds more and more uses. It has only been around since 2004.

The various properties including its ability to allow electrons to flow better than anything else at room temperature are unique. It is very strong very thin and almost completely transparent.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #4,108 of 8,024
For graphene the price should come down years from now as the man made material finds more and more uses. It has only been around since 2004.

The various properties including its ability to allow electrons to flow better than anything else at room temperature are unique. It is very strong very thin and almost completely transparent.
Yes I hope so too! It's actually the only material besides superconductors that beats silver in conductivity at ANY temperature. I guess it's gonna be like hard drives...40 Mb for $4000 in 1995, now 10 Tb for $400😂

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #4,109 of 8,024
Yes I hope so too! It's actually the only material besides superconductors that beats silver in conductivity at ANY temperature. I guess it's gonna be like hard drives...40 Mb for $4000 in 1995, now 10 Tb for $400😂
I paid $700.00 for a 1GB compact flash card in I think 2001. Crazy, it was for my first digital camera, Nikon D5700 if I remember right. It had a miniature spinning hard drive inside it.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #4,110 of 8,024
I'll invite some local guys to try it with Traillii and EE Odin and report back how it sounds😄 I might just get/make 100 at once to have it as IEM stock cable, if it is really any good😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back