Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #616 of 1,871
My oriolus's cable is broken. I am bjying materials to fix it (connection issue in the plug).

Meanwhile, could anyone recommend some cable to pair with oriolus?

Isn't the PW Audio No.5 regarded as "the" cable for Oriolus?

I prefer stock though. To me the PW lifts the mids while sacrificing a bit of air and soundstage. To each their own.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #617 of 1,871

Isn't the PW Audio No.5 regarded as "the" cable for Oriolus?

I prefer stock though. To me the PW lifts the mids while sacrificing a bit of air and soundstage. To each their own.

Is the stock cable you have the one in the Chinese version? 
normal_smile .gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #620 of 1,871
Mine is Chinese version. The pw is international/Japanese version? This is my memory, could be wrong.

Yup, the PW cable comes with the Japanese version. You can buy it separately at the link below, or contact PW Audio's Facebook page.

http://music-sanctuary.com/collections/pw-audio/products/pwaudio-5th-anniversary-no-5-occ-copper-litz-cable

SGD229 or about USD165, not a bad price.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #621 of 1,871
I'll buy soon a new pair of oriolus, and I have the TWau Reference GOLD PLATED SILVER IEM cable for the moment, do you think it's worth taking the PwAudio n°5 cable for the oriolus ? Did someone test the whisplash cable with its Oriolus?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #622 of 1,871

Yup, the PW cable comes with the Japanese version. You can buy it separately at the link below, or contact PW Audio's Facebook page.

http://music-sanctuary.com/collections/pw-audio/products/pwaudio-5th-anniversary-no-5-occ-copper-litz-cable

SGD229 or about USD165, not a bad price.

Thanks for the information. Will come to this one if my fixing doesn't work out.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #623 of 1,871
is there a big difference between 4 and 8 wired cable?

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #625 of 1,871
  I have a v2 coming my way tomorrow. Excited to post impressions and comparisons to my u12!

Awesome. Hope you like them. Oriolus is a keeper for me.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #627 of 1,871
How would you compare to u12?

I'll try to compare soon, but presentation-wise, Oriolus is like watching a concert from the first row, whereas A12 is like watching a 3D movie.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #628 of 1,871
  I'll buy soon a new pair of oriolus, and I have the TWau Reference GOLD PLATED SILVER IEM cable for the moment, do you think it's worth taking the PwAudio n°5 cable for the oriolus ? Did someone test the whisplash cable with its Oriolus?

Haven't heard the TWau, but I read it gives a sort of rich, liquid kind of colouration. On paper it sounds like a good match. And I prefer stock over the PW No.5.

is there a big difference between 4 and 8 wired cable?

Christian from PlusSound once explained via pm, 4-wire is for portability, while 8-wire would affect sound more. I've never owned an 8-braid however.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #629 of 1,871
I have a v2 coming my way tomorrow. Excited to post impressions and comparisons to my u12!

cool, finally congrats :wink: new/used? where did you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back