Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jan 28, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #601 of 1,871
@ozziecook
 I see. I think yours might be the same / similar to the China version. Thanks 
normal_smile%20.gif

I'm still curious though about how much different the Oriolus would sound with the different stock cables. I wonder why they didn't use a standard cable for this and instead have different cables for different markets. 

Maybe they are not interrested because they do not care what cable sounds best for their IEM but what cable sells best in which market.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #602 of 1,871
  @ozziecook I see. I think yours might be the same / similar to the China version. Thanks 
normal_smile .gif

I'm still curious though about how much different the Oriolus would sound with the different stock cables. I wonder why they didn't use a standard cable for this and instead have different cables for different markets. 

Yes it's the standard Chinese version. No idea why they have different cables for different markets. Obviously a commercial reason but strange nonetheless...

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #603 of 1,871
this price is low, guess it s a fake one nope? https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Original-Oriolus-3-Balance-Armture-Moving-Coil-Dynamic-Hybird-High-Definition-HIFI-Music-DJ-Studio/32718320956.html?shortkey=eYF7JJBr&addresstype=600

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #606 of 1,871
So I discovered these IEM a few days ago and have been looking into them.

Currently own the IE800 and I love the DD bass which is what appeals to me about the Oriolus.

Does anyone know how they compare to the IE800?

In terms of IEM the ie800's are the most expensive IEMs I own at the moment but was looking for the next step up.

I find the IE800's great in the bass response with great forward mids however the more I listen to it the more I find the mids a little fragile and not as thick as I would like them. I was hoping for them to carry more weight.

The one thing the IE800s do really well is that they are very musical but they don't perform every genre with that level of superb musicality.
Some tracks it absolutely sparkles and brings an extra level of warmth and sparkle to the track. I had heard the IE800s before I had purchased them however and might be going on a whim for the Oriolus.

I dislike the speed of the IE800's. I think the quickness that a BA driver can reproduce is very alluring to me. I own the FLC8s and the speed is just amazing. It offers a different level of crisp and clarity to the tracks being played.

Any inputs would be helpful. I went through most of this thread and so far I like what I am hearing. I have been wowed by the IE800. I want to find a wow IEM that can top the IE800

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #607 of 1,871
There are two listings for the Oriolus from the same seller for different prices, but they appear to be exactly the same. Can anyone spot a difference?

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Original-Oriolus-3-Balance-Armture-Moving-Coil-Dynamic-Hybird-High-Definition-HIFI-Music-DJ-Studio/32718320956.html?shortkey=eYF7JJBr&addresstype=600

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Oriolus-3-Balance-Armture-Moving-Coil-Dynamic-Hybird-Professional-HIFI-Music-DJ-Studio-Stage-Stereo/32718336753.html?scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=80302fc0-e5fb-42f8-96c2-22156b79c829&tpp=1

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #608 of 1,871
So I discovered these IEM a few days ago and have been looking into them.

Currently own the IE800 and I love the DD bass which is what appeals to me about the Oriolus.

Does anyone know how they compare to the IE800?

In terms of IEM the ie800's are the most expensive IEMs I own at the moment but was looking for the next step up.

I find the IE800's great in the bass response with great forward mids however the more I listen to it the more I find the mids a little fragile and not as thick as I would like them. I was hoping for them to carry more weight.

The one thing the IE800s do really well is that they are very musical but they don't perform every genre with that level of superb musicality.
Some tracks it absolutely sparkles and brings an extra level of warmth and sparkle to the track. I had heard the IE800s before I had purchased them however and might be going on a whim for the Oriolus.

I dislike the speed of the IE800's. I think the quickness that a BA driver can reproduce is very alluring to me. I own the FLC8s and the speed is just amazing. It offers a different level of crisp and clarity to the tracks being played.

Any inputs would be helpful. I went through most of this thread and so far I like what I am hearing. I have been wowed by the IE800. I want to find a wow IEM that can top the IE800

There are a pair of IE800s in a drawer somewhere that I knew were surplus to requirements as soon as I put on the Orioluses. The bass may not be as fast as BA's, but it's beautifully textured and articulated. It delivers quite a punch when needed, and the sub-bass can be pleasingly spine trembling. They really are fantastic sounding phones.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #610 of 1,871
there are 3 used, being sold at my local market. 850, 900, 1000 usd. but unfortunately our local customs doesn't allow the export/sending of electronics. can be send through the more expensive dhl (etc.) though.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #612 of 1,871
there are 3 used, being sold at my local market. 850, 900, 1000 usd. but unfortunately our local customs doesn't allow the export/sending of electronics. can be send through the more expensive dhl (etc.) though.

Which cable with it ?

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #614 of 1,871
I have both ie800 and oriolus. To me, Oriolus beats ie800 almost in every way. The only thing i prefer on ie800 is it's bass presentation when paired with mojo, also for certain tracks only.
I don't feel the mid on ie800 is forward. Actually, the biggest issue of ie800 to me is its distant mid, coming with clarity and great imaging though.
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back