ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #557 of 1,288
Without hearing gs3000e I would infer that the GS3000e is trash based on Grado’s other high priced uncompetitive products.
I tried some GS models along side SR325e, and other than the 325, I thought they sounded tonally off. Surprised given their high prices. They all have tonal flaws, but 325 sounded tonally the best of the bunch I was auditioning. Hate it or love it like Panda says. I also don't like AQ headphone, nighthawks, owls, or peakcocks or whatever have you. I prefer more neutral type presentations. My ocd ears can detect wrong colors.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #559 of 1,288
Without hearing gs3000e I would infer that the GS3000e is trash based on Grado’s other high priced uncompetitive products.
Yeah. Infer. Don't bother using your ears. Waste of time.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #560 of 1,288
Only one way to find out then.

It would have been handy to have someone like Tyll to do a proper job instead of so-called YouTube reviewers with affiliate links in their videos. Doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't know if the offer is still valid (it was made a couple of weeks ago when I was away) but they offered to send a set to me for review. I have affiliate links in my videos (it was a requirement from my family that I be earning something from the time, effort, and power bill if I was to continue) so tell me if I should bother or not.

I'm a optimist and I feel like that review was garbage and not representative of the headphone. It also bothers me when people bash somthing by using incorrect information. I'm not sure why my optimism is a issue. Plus I'm not the only one posting corrections but you are singling me out. Why?

Because a person suddenly signing up and immediately defending a company looks suspicious. I see though that you ordered a pair and are desperately hoping that they aren't rubbish. No use in defending a company whose principles you don't know, and even before the product has arrived. The Emperor's New Clothes-factor is strong with some people I guess.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #562 of 1,288
I don't know if the offer is still valid (it was made a couple of weeks ago when I was away) but they offered to send a set to me for review. I have affiliate links in my videos (it was a requirement from my family that I be earning something from the time, effort, and power bill if I was to continue) so tell me if I should bother or not.

Because a person suddenly signing up and immediately defending a company looks suspicious. I see though that you ordered a pair and are desperately hoping that they aren't rubbish. No use in defending a company whose principles you don't know, and even before the product has arrived. The Emperor's New Clothes-factor is strong with some people I guess.
Suddenly signing up? I've been a member here for a while but just don't post often. I never said anything about the headphones being good. I have no idea how they are. How is correcting false statements with readily available information defending a companies principles?

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #563 of 1,288
You answered your own question. :)

Relax though, the success of the company doesn't depend on the comments in a single Head-Fi thread. :)

Dec 28, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #564 of 1,288

You answered your own question. :)

Relax though, the success of the company doesn't depend on the comments in a single Head-Fi thread. :)

I feel like you think you are trying to help in some way but then make casual attacks at me saying "The Emperor's New Clothes-factor is strong with some people I guess." All I did was state my opinion on a review and correct some misinformation about materials which were easy to look up. I don't need these headphones. It would be nice if they are good but if they suck, so be it.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #565 of 1,288
I think that would be a great idea.

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #566 of 1,288
I don't know if the offer is still valid (it was made a couple of weeks ago when I was away) but they offered to send a set to me for review. I have affiliate links in my videos (it was a requirement from my family that I be earning something from the time, effort, and power bill if I was to continue) so tell me if I should bother or not..

Your word on the sound would be worth a lot, if you're willing to spend the time on it. :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #567 of 1,288

Because a person suddenly signing up and immediately defending a company looks suspicious.

TBH, by the time you weigh in, we’ll have a lot of reviews already.

While I’m not exactly a fan, I don’t think that you have put out any “shill” type optics that I’m aware of. I don’t think that should be much of a concern here.

However, you have a shared similar negative position in this thread that Joshua had on his pre-review. Thus, there are bias optics in place at the moment.

Thus, I think waiting to weigh in is best at this point, for optics and branding purposes. If they suck, you can take the “called it” narrative. If they’re great, the “I was completely wrong for doubting”

Ultimately, regardless of the outcome: since you skipped the early review sample offering, waiting is probably the best thing from a branding perspective at this point in time.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #568 of 1,288
However, you have a shared similar negative position in this thread that Joshua had on his pre-review. Thus, there are bias optics in place at the moment.

I watched his review, and I don't believe bias had anything to do with his negative review. I have had a few pairs of IEMs and headphones that I reluctantly agreed to review, thinking that they wouldn't be good, including one Bluetooth pair that promised the moon, and I was surprised to find they were all much better than expected.

It'd probably be more fair to say that I almost perfectly called the actual shipping time after the first delay. I've been through so many product launches in the last 10 years, and waited over 3 years* for various headphones (before Kickstarter existed!) that I'm more realistic. I'm still waiting on one Kickstarter project (though it's not audio gear).

*It would have been 6 years if I hadn't had the option of getting a deposit refund on one amp.

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #570 of 1,288

Do it mate, I will take your judgement a lot more seriously then someone who has doesn't understand the DSP behind the KEF LS50W and how they can be tuned to suit various environments from an apartment in Ginza to a townhouse in Bondi and everything in between. The KEF LS50W "review" is just plain bad.

He also suspiciously seems to like almost everything from Massdrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back