ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Dec 26, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #541 of 1,288
By the way, are they being actually shipped?

Here’s the last Kickstarter update they sent:

posted by Ari Pinkas

Dec 2, 2019 • 9:03AM PST

December Update 1/1

Hello Backers.

December is a huge month for this project. We will be manufacturing the headphones in just a couple weeks. Preliminary work to sort, QC, and match the parts has already begun. Manufacturing of subassemblies will begin next week and final units will begin rolling off the line when we arrive on the 16th of December. We will begin shipping almost immediately after manufacturing is complete at the end of that week.

We can’t wait to have more pictures and info for you. Expect an exciting update the week of December 23rd (Our Update will be a bit late since we will be busy in China!).

For now, we will have to leave you in suspense. In three weeks, we will show you some serious results!

Best,
The Ora Team”

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #542 of 1,288
Do you work for ORA or have a substantial amount of cash invested in same? Sure seems like it.

I have a grand total of $300 something invested in it and I work as an accountant in Australia.

No relationship to Ora at all and no freebies from them either. Happy to provide proof of all of the above.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #543 of 1,288
Hey folks,

Just want to point out that that pink and white curve has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the headphones - it is not even a headphone driver being compared.

Ora is busy preparing our update on the production run that will have a lot of interesting (and correct) information. Since everyone over here seems very curious about the frequency response, I thought I'd share our QC response from the production. This is a "golden sample" - an actual measurement of an average unit used to compare other units to. This measurement was made on the integrator's B&K QC system (note that this system does not include an artificial pinna so it does not have the 3kHz+ ear profile superimposed). The curve is VERY similar to the one we posted in our mid-April update.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nywLMsm_gZ-GtkiW7lcC7USTAXVmQwfr/view?usp=sharing
view

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #544 of 1,288
Hey folks,

Just want to point out that that pink and white curve has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the headphones - it is not even a headphone driver being compared.

Ora is busy preparing our update on the production run that will have a lot of interesting (and correct) information. Since everyone over here seems very curious about the frequency response, I thought I'd share our QC response from the production. This is a "golden sample" - an actual measurement of an average unit used to compare other units to. This measurement was made on the integrator's B&K QC system (note that this system does not include an artificial pinna so it does not have the 3kHz+ ear profile superimposed). The curve is VERY similar to the one we posted in our mid-April update.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nywLMsm_gZ-GtkiW7lcC7USTAXVmQwfr/view?usp=sharing
view
Thank you for providing this. I'm excited to get mine.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #545 of 1,288
Hey folks,

view

view
Was this a similar unit to the one that was reviewed?

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #547 of 1,288
All units will be within 2dB of this. Ora will do a full run-down and check the response of the reviewed unit as soon as we get it back.
2dB of what? Overall sensitivity, impedance? Or 2dB variation in FR at any possible point in the range?

Will you be sending the reviewer another unit for review in the event the first is proven to be defective?

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #548 of 1,288
blabla.. sad stuff cant delete it.. all sad..not optimal" with a F

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #549 of 1,288
The people in the testimonials video were using them wired.

Dec 27, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #551 of 1,288
I also backed the project, I'm not a frequent poster and I quite took my distances from head-fi to preserve my finances but I'll gladly share my feedback once I've received mine.

:fingers_crossed: until then

Dec 28, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #553 of 1,288
Well damn. Joshua Valour’s review is pretty negative. Time to lower expectations:

I’m really surprised with the comments about resolution & frequency response since they were so well detailed through measurements. The updates even noted tuning the acoustics of the system. I just can’t imagine how that didn’t seem to work out in production. What a major bummer.

Hang on a moment, this is the same feller who trashed the Grado GS3000e, rated it below the SR80. I'd not put much creedence or confidence in his findings here. Hopefully more forthcoming impressions will present themselves in the near future.

Dec 28, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #554 of 1,288
Hang on a moment, this is the same feller who trashed the Grado GS3000e, rated it below the SR80. I'd not put much creedence or confidence in his findings here. Hopefully more forthcoming impressions will present themselves in the near future.

Well, they're presumably shipping this week or next so I have no doubt that there's an incoming flood of impressions. It sounds like there may be a decent amount of review units in the wild as well.

Dec 28, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #555 of 1,288

Without hearing gs3000e I would infer that the GS3000e is trash based on Grado’s other high priced uncompetitive products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back