OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #829 of 991
PM-3 Unit #8 will be shipped on Saturday to the next in line HipHopScribe pending receipt of shipping address.
PM sent to Jiffy Squid.

These are great headphones and a super value. No reservations about a 5 Star recommendation for these.
I'll post some brief descriptive comments and comparisons later. Hard to take these off. Hard to reach for another HP while these are still here.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #830 of 991
Just received Unit #3.  Can't wait to spend a week with these.  Initial impressions on just the build of the cans is impressive.  With the heavy duty feel of the hinge, you would think they are heavy, but they are so soft on the head and light feeling.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #831 of 991
As My mourning continues preparing Unit #4 for the processional from home to the post office, I would like to share two "non-sq" impressions.

The quality of materials and construction is absolutely stellar. My first look OOTB and I was awe struck with the look and feel of the PM-3.

Since these are planars, I immediately ran them through my amp because we all know how hard planars are to drive. They performed stupendous with power behind them, I loved them. Then I decided to remove the amp and run straight from an iPhone 6 just to see how deficient they were without an amp.

These are listed as portable for a reason. They sound great with or without an amp, YMMV. I was shocked by this even more than the OOTB look and feel.

Beginning to construct a review that will incorporate the two impressions above along with my review of the SQ.

Enjoy your trial of Unit #4 half as much as I did and you, like me will be jonesing for a set of your own.

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #832 of 991
Just received unit #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back