OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Oct 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #556 of 991
I'd love to hear your long term thoughts on these two headphones. After auditioning the PM-3, my thoughts seem to parallel yours. I think I'm someone who loves treble sparkle, and I've been looking for a closed back headphone with a neutral sound signature.

The H6 was the only other headphone that seemed to meet that criteria within that price range. I've heard the H6 has a larger soundstage... But I wonder how good the detail and bass are in comparison... Along with that treble sparkle you mention.

post #457

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #557 of 991
Please sign me up for the loaner program. I agree to Terms and Conditions.

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #558 of 991
I think the Momentum 2.0 does slightly better with isolation than the PM-3, at least with my particular headshape. I've had a young family member tell me (on two occasions) that they can hear my music with the PM-3, but that's in an otherwise silent environment. Also, I think I can hear their chatter slightly louder with the PM-3 than with the Momentum 2.0, but who's to say whether they've just been louder this week? There's three kids in my household, and the PM-3s cancel enough noise passively for my taste. With the Momentum 2.0, I would take my headphones off and people would be surprised how loud my music was. When others have used the PM-3 (at a high volume) in my prescence, I've heard very little to zero leakage. I haven't used either headphone in a mass transit environement. I wish I could help you more.

BUT, I love the PM-3. I'm a fan of smooth, natural sound. I like everything about the PM-3. I tried out about 50 headphones before settling on the Momentum 2.0. But having spent a week with the PM-3 loaner, for me there's no comparison between the Momentum 2.0 and the PM-3. The Momentum 2.0 sounds artificial, metallic, and veiled in comparison. I'll be ordering PM-3s at some point. I'm just not wanting to spend $400 at the moment.

Thanks for the comparison!  I look forward to my battle between the M2's H6's and PM3's.  Since I don't have the PM3's yet, which would you say are better for commuting?  I take mass transit to work, so isolation and comfort are important to me.  And of course I'll listen to them in the office.

Side q - has anyone tried comparing between the cables?  Primarily between the one with a mic and not.  I've read a ton about sq loss when adding a mic in the path, but never really bothered to do an a/b comparison.  The m2's don't even come with a 2nd cable (frustrating since M1 did).  Also, since I use it for commuting purposes, having an inline remote is VERY handy, so maybe would just keep the standard cable at the office....

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #560 of 991
I think the Momentum 2.0 does slightly better with isolation than the PM-3, at least with my particular headshape. I've had a young family member tell me (on two occasions) that they can hear my music with the PM-3, but that's in an otherwise silent environment. Also, I think I can hear their chatter slightly louder with the PM-3 than with the Momentum 2.0, but who's to say whether they've just been louder this week? There's three kids in my household, and the PM-3s cancel enough noise passively for my taste. With the Momentum 2.0, I would take my headphones off and people would be surprised how loud my music was. When others have used the PM-3 (at a high volume) in my prescence, I've heard very little to zero leakage. I haven't used either headphone in a mass transit environement. I wish I could help you more.

BUT, I love the PM-3. I'm a fan of smooth, natural sound. I like everything about the PM-3. I tried out about 50 headphones before settling on the Momentum 2.0. But having spent a week with the PM-3 loaner, for me there's no comparison between the Momentum 2.0 and the PM-3. The Momentum 2.0 sounds artificial, metallic, and veiled in comparison. I'll be ordering PM-3s at some point. I'm just not wanting to spend $400 at the moment.

good impressions, matched some of my findings as well. prefer the PM-3>M2 from a purely sonic standpoint, but can see preferences or requirements at play. M2 folds up now which is a neat feature that some people will need.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #561 of 991
I'm interested in possibly trying these out via this program, curious how others have felt about these "loaner programs?"

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #562 of 991
I want to sign up to the loaner program. I agree to terms and conditions. I'm Canadian
I would like to try the PM-3 with a Fiio X5II.
And compare it with to the HD-650
Thanks Oppo

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #563 of 991
Just noticed the program is not for UK.. I hope you'll have it there eventually. If yes then please sign me up, I accept the Terms and Conditions.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #564 of 991
not sure i should be saying this, but i've noticed that it looks like some people on the program are definitely keeping their loaners more than a week... is there someone keeping track of how much time has elapsed for everyone?

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #565 of 991
  not sure i should be saying this, but i've noticed that it looks like some people on the program are definitely keeping their loaners more than a week... is there someone keeping track of how much time has elapsed for everyone?

I can't speak for every loaner, but I've been watching loaner 1 and its progressing correctly. sometimes it takes a bit of time for the page to be updated though.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #566 of 991
I had mine more than a week but it was because I was waiting for the next person to ship to. It is going out in the mail today and I will be PMing the person with tracking information as well as the organizer of the program.

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #567 of 991
Canada 2 pair is off to the next tester.

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #570 of 991

I've been watching #8 too raisedbywolves. mtrivedi20 last posted on 8/11 stating that they hadn't yet been confirmed as being in the list. They show as having the #8 loaners now, as I think they did when I was added to the list in early September. But contrary to the terms and conditions, they never posted that they had received the loaners. And they've never posted anything else, anywhere else in the forums since that 8/11 post.

pat----

Users who are viewing this thread

Back