OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Aug 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #121 of 743
I also Just got a e-mail from Oppo that my alternate ear pads for my pm-1 We're shipped out today. Looking forward to hearing if their is any difference between those and the stock pm-1.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #122 of 743

I think Matt is so immersed in the qualities of the PM-2 that he got lost in the headlights!   
tongue_smile.gif

Nope, I actually ended up going to work today. 
rolleyes.gif
  I had hoped to spend the afternoon with the pm-2. Now that I'm home...back to evaluating. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #125 of 743
Just got my PM-2 today. Having heard the PM-1 with the original leather and velour pads, the PM-2 is a much different headphone with the alternate pads. IMHO, it is a much more reference sounding headphone. I felt the PM-1 was muted, perhaps even muffled, but this is not the case with the PM-2. I did not, during my brief session, find the treble to be edgy or shouty, and I really liked the bass presentation. More listening is needed, but it seems Oppo has done a tremendous job responding to the headphone community. Well done Oppo.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #126 of 743
Pfillion, may I ask you another question? How would you rate the different parts (metal, plastic) that are being used on PM-1 (metal) and PM-2 (plastic)? Is it worth to spend an extra 400 bucks if I don't need the luxury wooden case? What do you think?

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #127 of 743
I really wish to know how it compares to audeze lcd2 rev2 fazor

especially the bass and mids and highs,

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #129 of 743
Yes, listening right now and getting a handle on the signature. I do like to let them burn in for a couple of day to be fair. If there are any specific questions though, I'm happy to answer if I can. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #130 of 743
Anyone have a pair of a AKG K712s on hand for comparison?

Bill

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #132 of 743
Comparisons to HD650 would be great (especially regarding bass quality and quantity, impact etc.)

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #133 of 743
I have been listening to my PM-2 with the Asgard today and I much prefer this combination versus with the Vali.  The Vali has no problem to drive them to ear bleeding level but the Asgard is bringing them to another level.

Overall, I'm still very impressed by the PM-2!

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #135 of 743
Just got my PM-2 today. Having heard the PM-1 with the original leather and velour pads, the PM-2 is a much different headphone with the alternate pads. IMHO, it is a much more reference sounding headphone. I felt the PM-1 was muted, perhaps even muffled, but this is not the case with the PM-2. I did not, during my brief session, find the treble to be edgy or shouty, and I really liked the bass presentation. More listening is needed, but it seems Oppo has done a tremendous job responding to the headphone community. Well done Oppo.

Having the alternative leather pads I would not say the PM-1 is same as before either.   One of these days we will have alternative pads PM-1 vs PM-2 comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back