OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Aug 15, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #151 of 743
  One of the differences I am finding between the PM-2 and the LCD-2 (pre-fazor), is the PM-2 seems to have a more forward, front row seat sound, whereas the LCD-2, at similar volumes, has a more 10th row sound.  Both are great for what they do, but different.

bass comparison plz

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #153 of 743
650/400i/pm2=lcd2

i don't know about p,2 and 400 i but i know 650 and to say the the 650 is like audeze lcd2 is making me think about your statements above to be totally not true

no way 650 is like lcd2 in quality of sq or in bass

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #154 of 743
You misunderstand. From the hp's currently on my desk, I was asked about bass response.

hd650 has least true sub bass, the 400i has more sub bass and then the pm2 and lcd2 are best with similar sub bass quantity. Is that better?

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #155 of 743
  You misunderstand. From the hp's currently on my desk, I was asked about bass response.

hd650 has least true sub bass, the 400i has more sub bass and then the pm2 and lcd2 are best with similar sub bass quantity. Is that better?

thanks

can u tell me which is more warm the lcd2 or pm2

also which works better with edm

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #158 of 743
Got mine today. These are really comfortable! 

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #159 of 743
I can see the PM-1 still holding its value against the PM-2.

If you were to get the PM-2 and purchase all the different pads, you are closing the price gap between the PM-1 and PM-2.  Depending on how much the different pads actually retail for, it could be pretty close.

When you factor in the PM-1 comes with all pads, whereas the PM-2 comes with the single set, if one was interested in getting all the different sets to tune, the PM-1 may actually end up being the way to go for a few dollars more.

Very interested to see how all this develops and really looking forward to trying a pair sometime.  I think Oppo deserves more credit than they are getting, especially for a first version of a headphone!

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #160 of 743
Good. If it sounds like HD650 but easily driven, they are good for me. I love my HD650s but non-portability can sometimes be an issue.

I have a Chord Hugo and Chord thinks Hugo pairs well with Oppo PM-1/2headphones I guess. :) Pic taken from Chord Electronics website.

If this is what they think, why don't they show someone with a relaxed expression?

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #161 of 743
If this is what they think, why don't they show someone with a relaxed expression?

She looks happy and satisfied 
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #162 of 743
  I can see the PM-1 still holding its value against the PM-2.

If you were to get the PM-2 and purchase all the different pads, you are closing the price gap between the PM-1 and PM-2.  Depending on how much the different pads actually retail for, it could be pretty close.

When you factor in the PM-1 comes with all pads, whereas the PM-2 comes with the single set, if one was interested in getting all the different sets to tune, the PM-1 may actually end up being the way to go for a few dollars more.

Very interested to see how all this develops and really looking forward to trying a pair sometime.  I think Oppo deserves more credit than they are getting, especially for a first version of a headphone!

And if someone cares about the cable, PM-1 comes with OCC (OFC for PM-2) which adds $$ again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back