OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Jun 28, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #361 of 761
I'm interested in the PM-2's. I understand and accepts the terms & conditions. 

I just heard the PM-2 modded at a Denver meet yesterday. I have to say that it was amazing. I also listened to the PM-3 as well yesterday. I just found this thread today. I really liked the PM-2. I compose music, almost all classical and a little new age. I do my composing on a large 3 manual organ and a digital piano. I compose symphonies and am looking for a headphone that reproduces the sound of the instruments fairly accurately. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #362 of 761

I would like to join the loaner program for both the PM-1 and PM-2.
I agree to the conditions.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #365 of 761
Can my place in line be moved DOWN a couple of slots? It'd be nice if I could have these over the weekend of the 25th. Partially because I'll have more listening time then, but also because the 25th is the big Seattle meetup, so I can get a lot more people to listen to them as well.

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #366 of 761
Received PM-1 #1 this morning and have used then for a bit on my Fiio x3. So far I like them quite a bit, very comfortable. Will test them on my desktop setup against my TH-900s.   

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #368 of 761
What is the difference in sound between the leather and the leather alt pads?

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #369 of 761
Yes. The alternative leather earpads are designed to sound more like the PM-2 earpads. They have a little more treble to them.

Jul 4, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #370 of 761
I would say also that the PM-1 sounds much better with the alt pad as the treble roll-off is less pronounced with them.

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #371 of 761
After using the PM-1s for awhile here are my thoughts versus my TH-900s.

Comfort
Both are comfortable and can be used for hours with out an issue. As far as which is more comfortable, I can't decide.

Sound
All and all, the two sound similar. Listening to a wide set of genres I'd say the PM-1s sound great for; alternative, rock, trance, edm, metal, and solo guitar. I preferred my TH-900s for; symphony/classical, solo piano, and jazz. The Pm-1s are very smooth and the mids were exceptional. I found myself using them for rock and alternative over my TH-900s. The sound stage on the PM-1s are more personal and less wide then the TH-900 (Although I don't think that is a bad thing). Lows are well controlled. Mids feel life like to me. Highs are a little rolled off, however I prefer this as even my TH-900s paired with a song with plenty of focus on the highs can become fatiguing.

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #373 of 761
sorry to ask, but is there a list of approximately when are name comes up for all three? Have a vacation at the end of August and gone a lot in Sept, lol. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back